Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Montana Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Montana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: jredline1984

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-26-2009, 10:11 PM
Elder User

DasCheckers has a good reputation on FTE.DasCheckers has a good reputation on FTE.
Lightbulb Meet and greet BBQ July 25th 2009 in Bozeman!

Ok everyone, we're trying our hardest to get the Montana Chapter up and going again so Sean was kind enough to volunteer to host a BBQ at his place.

The official date and time is Saturday, the 25th of July 2009.
From 1:00pm-10pm, maybe longer.

It will be a great time to meet everyone from the chapter and show off your truck. Everyone is welcome!
Bring the wife and kids, we promise it will not be a wild party but more of a laid back BBQ.

Sean has a great place with tons of room for parking!
His address is 313 Lake Drive, Bozeman, MT
Directions are at the following link.
http://tinyurl.com/p7vxcb

We will supply burgers, dogs, buns, and all the fixins!
Any contributions will be greatly appreciated though!
For example, salads, sides, and desserts.
BYOB, bring your own drinks, and bring your own chair!

If you have any questions about the event please e-mail me at Stoney@ViperInteriors.com or call 406.491.7308

We'll see you there!
Old 06-29-2009, 06:02 PM
Elder User

ShamelessMT is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Not a single response from anyone?

I wonder if the fact that this thread is a sticky is why it's getting as few views as it is.

Sometimes even I skip over the stickies, as they're usually about protocol and not part of the discussion, or they're notes to Newbies. Maybe you ought to unstick this one Stoney...

Old 06-30-2009, 10:06 PM
Senior User

yellow truck is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'd love to come, but it is an 8 hour drive each way. The price of having all that lovely open country around us is it takes so long to get anywhere!
Old 07-04-2009, 05:41 PM
Elder User

DasCheckers has a good reputation on FTE.DasCheckers has a good reputation on FTE.
Mass message sent to all Montana members!
Old 07-14-2009, 01:29 PM
Senior User

hilgerbeast is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'm comin! I live out by Bear Canyon, so I'm real close. I think its a great idea.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:21 PM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgerbeast View Post
I'm comin! I live out by Bear Canyon, so I'm real close. I think its a great idea.
Good deal. We look forward to meeting you.

Hopefully we'll get a few people from out of town too, as we've given plenty of notice. We'd like this to bring a bunch of people together so we can all meet and have a good time.

I've already done all the work to get my place ready for the hordes (cleaned the shop and the lawn looks awesome), now I'm just anxiously awaiting the day...

Old 07-17-2009, 11:33 AM
New User

76FoMoCo is starting off with a positive reputation.
That sounds like a good time guys! I don't know if I'll be able to make it down there that weekend with my truck, but once school starts up again we may have to go out for a few beers.

FTG, Go Cats Go!
Old 07-17-2009, 11:53 AM
Elder User

Woooohoooo! Another Bozemanite! Try and make it man.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:50 PM
Elder User

Even if you don't show up in a Ford truck...

We'll forgive you - once.

Old 07-20-2009, 01:01 PM
Elder User

I'm out this time guys! Work came up and these days work is ten times more important than a BBQ!
Have a great time, and I'll work up the plan for one in the end of August!

We've been having some problems with mass messaging here on the site so advertising for this event has not been pursued much at all. We're getting it figured out though!
Old 07-20-2009, 01:25 PM
Elder User

Even though our fearless leader has decided to bail on this, it's still a go. Anyone who wants to show up will be welcome. I will still be hosting the BBQ at my place. Come on over.

Old 07-25-2009, 01:46 PM
Senior User

skidmarks82 is starting off with a positive reputation.
NinjaBot004
il try my best . my concrete boss is a slave driver and dont ever get time to get stuff done but 1-10 is a large window so i think i can
2000 f150 4x4, ,S&B cai, hedman headers, magnaflow high flow cats to single3" magnaflow to dual 2.5, shift kit, yellow top, alpine cdmp3,kinenetic 600 farrad cap,0g wire,6,000watt demon amp, soundstream 5000watt amp, 5000watt HCCA12.2, 20" structure wheels w/nitto 33-12.5, 4" blocks cranked torsions. gettin all them to work right PRICELESS...BRAND NEW 5.4!!! Accel coils n Accel 24lb injectors, dorman intake
Old 07-26-2009, 12:39 AM
Elder User

So. Our turnout today was about what I expected. We had one forum member show up (thanks for coming hilgerbeast, we enjoyed meeting you and you're welcome at our house at any time).

I'm pretty disappointed with our MT chapter. You folks had about a month to make plans and to get here, but you all didn't bother. Typical apathetic response from our chapter. To be honest, I'm certain that I'm done trying. This is the 3rd time we planned something. The first time there were 3 including me, the 2nd never happened (people backed out) and this time was just the 2 of us members. I could've sworn that Montanans were better people and I know that a lot of you live a long way away, but this was pathetic. We had a decent enough BBQ without having forum members here (I was wise and invited others - not part of the forum), but you all suck. Way to work at this folks! I'm done trying. Good luck Stoney - I did my part and then some. I'm out.

Old 07-26-2009, 01:05 AM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamelessMT View Post
So. Our turnout today was about what I expected. We had one forum member show up (thanks for coming hilgerbeast, we enjoyed meeting you and you're welcome at our house at any time).

I'm pretty disappointed with our MT chapter. You folks had about a month to make plans and to get here, but you all didn't bother. Typical apathetic response from our chapter. To be honest, I'm certain that I'm done trying. This is the 3rd time we planned something. The first time there were 3 including me, the 2nd never happened (people backed out) and this time was just the 2 of us members. I could've sworn that Montanans were better people and I know that a lot of you live a long way away, but this was pathetic. We had a decent enough BBQ without having forum members here (I was wise and invited others - not part of the forum), but you all suck. Way to work at this folks! I'm done trying. Good luck Stoney - I did my part and then some. I'm out.
Thanks for hosting the BBQ out at your place man!

Typically with our other club we have found summer to be completely dead as far as club activity goes.
So winter is the best time to plan another get together for sure!

Sean, this chapter is not just going to jump to life overnight. It's going to take work and spreading the word!
There are about ten "active" members in the MT Chapter, and people have lives other than their Fords.

If people were planning on coming, they would have posted something, I know this from experience. Also, if you have 40 people RSVP, expect 20 or less.

If your post get's 70,000 views, and only 20 responses, expect 10 people.

It's just how it works!

Glad to see hilgerbeast made it out though!

See you all next time!
I'll be working hard at reviving everyone!
Old 07-26-2009, 07:32 AM
Elder User

Yep, you have to start somewhere and it takes time, but even you couldn't be bothered to come (I understand that you needed to work, but it was going from 1-11 and you could have made it when you got done), even though you were the one who suggested/planned it. That's the problem. It's not the lack of people, it's the lack of dedication by those people.

I've got plenty of other activities that take up my time so that I don't need to be investing a ton of time trying to get this to happen. I've already tried 3 times in the last 4 months to get 1 decent get together to happen and we're not getting any interest (there are at least 10 active forum members from Bzmn alone, so it should be easy to get something going if anyone cared), so I'm simply going to go back to utilizing the rest of the forum and ignoring the MT chapter, just like everyone else does.

I could wish that we had a group of people who wanted to make this happen, but I'll leave it to the rest of you to figure out.

Old 07-26-2009, 07:32 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Montana Chapter

Tags
bozeman, greet, meet