1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Help Needed:57-60 Desert Cooler Radiator

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 09:41 PM
ibuzzard
Panties NOT in a Twist

Received 288 Likes on 199 Posts
Help Needed:57-60 Desert Cooler Radiator

I've contacted Col.Flashman,and mr4speed,thought I'd seek anyone and everyone's advice.This is an email I sent to Andrew.P.S.-I appreciate,but will ignore,any advice to change radiators to the latest /greatest.

Curmudgeonly Yours,
Steve the Baghdad Electrician

"Hi,Andrew.Still over here riding out the economic storm.It's an ugly country.Yesterday it was 118 degrees.I have a desert cooler radiator I got for free,but for some reason it was moved forward,or backward depending how you look at it,in the mounts.It had a new core right before it was given to me,never installed,but the guy then went another direction,pulled the y block,put in an FE,modern radiator,etc.Anyway,I noticed that I developed a very small leak in my radiator on the way down to store my truck at Charlie Burns,Tim McMasters' father in law.I want to put that desert cooler in and want to put it back to specs.Could you,if you have one,take a photo or two and maybe some measurements for me?I'm going home on R&R in less than two weeks,want to have that taken care of while I'm back home.Thanks for any help.Gonna post this on FTE as well.Hope your enjoying your summer and having your trucks out of winter storage.Steve,in Baghdad."

Old 06-27-2009, 06:00 AM
truckdog62563
Marmon-Herrington Man
Received 262 Likes on 216 Posts
Thank you for your service. Stu