Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > New England Region > Vermont Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Vermont Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: wildstang

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-10-2012, 09:11 PM
VT Chapter Ldr

wildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by materthegreater View Post
Hey Jim, just now saw that you said you had some rims. I think you actually might have sold me one of those sets? Met at the McDonalds in West Leb. If it was you, wow it's a small world! Anyway got 'em all blasted and painted up and hopefully getting my new Cooper Discoverers mounted this coming week.
Holy crap that was! That is too funny! That was a long day. I went to petterborough and then sandown. Like 6 + hours driving getting truck parts from Craigslist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by twosfamily View Post
Hello Jim. I have a few sleds. It is a good area to ride, when we have snow. Last year was rough! I was able to do a little riding around the property, not much on the trails though.
Last year was rough. I got 700+ miles but 1/3 of those were from one ride. I got an 05 skidoo GTX 500ss.
Jim- Slackmaster #22, I'll get to it someday BS'er #6. 1996 F250 CC Shorty 4X4 E4OD 7.3L Diesel
Mods: 6637 air filter,203 F t-stat from Diesel Site-finally heat! HPX line, Tymar 3-4 dp to 4" exhaust, E4OD "The Cure" 30K mod for now, 140IDM mod, ISSPRO ev1 egt, trans temp, boost, adrenaline HPOP med-oil, superduty rear springs, 91 D60, 6.0 trans cooler, need 100hp more... 01 excursion 7.3 4x4
Old 02-28-2013, 07:56 AM
New User

V10FarmTool is starting off with a positive reputation.
Brandon Curtis from Hinesburg Vt drive a 99 F250 super cab short bed with the v10
Old 02-28-2013, 06:08 PM
VT Chapter Ldr

wildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputation
Welcome aboard Brandon. Awesome to see you've stumbled into our little world. I'm Jim, live in Orange. Stop into the monthly BS thread say and chat with the other great members.
Jim- Slackmaster #22, I'll get to it someday BS'er #6. 1996 F250 CC Shorty 4X4 E4OD 7.3L Diesel
Mods: 6637 air filter,203 F t-stat from Diesel Site-finally heat! HPX line, Tymar 3-4 dp to 4" exhaust, E4OD "The Cure" 30K mod for now, 140IDM mod, ISSPRO ev1 egt, trans temp, boost, adrenaline HPOP med-oil, superduty rear springs, 91 D60, 6.0 trans cooler, need 100hp more... 01 excursion 7.3 4x4
Old 03-28-2013, 08:26 AM
Posting Guru

sbryan is a splendid one to beholdsbryan is a splendid one to beholdsbryan is a splendid one to beholdsbryan is a splendid one to beholdsbryan is a splendid one to beholdsbryan is a splendid one to behold
New member from Berlin

Shawn Bryan from Berlin, Central Vermont. Not quite legal yet but I have an F350 Lariat 6.7 CCLB with all the bells and whistles ordered and due in next month. It will be ruby red metallic which I understand is the fastest color!

Had Fords PUs before but not for a while. My old ride is a 2005 Toyota 4Runner. Wife's last ride was a 2003 Tundra. First time ever I have ordered exactly what I want so I'm looking forward to the new truck arriving. As far as what we'll use it for, hauling hay, a tractor, kayaks, etc. Most anything - we've missed having a truck for all the chores you seem to have in an old farmhouse.

Three kids, all grown up and we're both retired. Maybe someday we'll have a 5th wheen behind this truck and head south for January-March.

Guess that's enough. Look forward to the discussions.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:58 PM
New User

Chris_Elliott is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hey everyone, I'm Chris, I live in the NEK, Danville to be specific. I recently graduated from college, went to Paul Smiths in the adirondaks, studied forestry. I have a temporary job in Northern NH, Pittsburg, where I'll be cruising timber all summer. Had to get a 4WD for this job, and was considering a new F150, because our family has always owned ford pickups. Almost bit the bullet on a 2011 reg. cab XL V6, was a real good price with some warranty remaining, but insurance for my age group is a killer. So, I got a 1976 F250 Highboy instead and just put minimum coverage on it. It's got a 390, 4 speed manual, divorced transfer case, 36" humvee tires and manual steering talk about being a bear to steer. But, it's a tough old truck, and the price was right. And I got to keep my car I had for running back and forth to college, so I don't have to feed the 390 all the time.
My dad has a 2003 super cab F250 5.4 as well. I want to hook chains and see which one would outpull the other, but I don't think he'd go for it
Old 06-24-2013, 05:15 PM
VT Chapter Ldr

Hello Chris. I'm Jim the chapter leader. I live in Orange. Snowmobile quite often up there. Got any pictures of your truck sounds sweet.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:32 PM
New User

The snowmobiling is pretty good up here. I haven't ridden in the past few years because I've been out of state at college and money's been tight to ride maybe one or two weekends a season. Hopefully I'll get my SRX 700 back on the trails this winter though. Pray for snow!

Here is some pics of the beast

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 06-24-2013, 06:36 PM
VT Chapter Ldr

I'm a skidoo loyalists, 2009 GTX 500ss. I probably average 1200-1500 miles a year.

That is a nice truck. Should be fun in the mud up there.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:42 PM
New User

I did 2000 miles the last winter I rode. The yamaha is wicked fast, and corners like it's on rails but I'd like to upgrade to a nicer riding sled. Thinking a skidoo REV style. My girlfriends family has all skidoos, rode one of their REV's and I liked it. Doesn't have the power my 700 triple does, but it's not often I need to go 120MPH down the railroad bed

I just got a set of matching tires for that truck, with alot better tread. Getting hard to find 16.5" tires, might have to convert it to 16" 8 lug eventually.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:52 PM
VT Chapter Ldr

My back loves the rev style. I put 10000+ on my 05 GTX 500ss. I like tighter wooded trails.

16.5 is an odd ball size. Good score on the tires
Old 06-24-2013, 06:52 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > New England Region > Vermont Chapter