Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2009 - 2014 F150 > 2010 - 2014 Ford SVT F150 Raptor
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


View Poll Results: What do you think?
Add a crew cab option to the raptor. 39 60.00%
Or, keep it supercab only. 26 40.00%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 06-24-2009, 06:12 PM
Raider50's Avatar
Raider50 Raider50 is offline
Elder User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Buffalo, Wyoming
Posts: 693
Raider50 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Crew Cab Raptor? What do you think?

In a article by Mike Levine on Pickuptrucks.com, Mark Grueber (Ford's marketing manager for the F-150) said that they have had more than a 1000 orders for the Raptor. Witch is more than they expected to get.

To get to the interesting part, "We've had requests for a crew cab [Raptor]," said Grueber. "We haven't made any decisions but there's some demand for it. Not everyone is going to use [the Raptor] for aggressive off-roading. It could be something similar to the four-door [Jeep] Wrangler."

IMO a crew cab raptor, would out sell the super cab. Because most people probably wont be using their raptor for serious off roading, or for that matter off roading at all. Most people would just like some extra ponies and a pissed off looking truck. IMO it would be for the best to make a crew cab, it widens the consumer base, thus generating more sales and bringing in more cash.
__________________
77 Jeep J20 4wd 360 4sp 4.11's
05 Ford F150 4wd Screw 3.73 Roushcharged FTX
11 Ford F150 4wd Screw 3.55 5.0 Lariat
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-24-2009, 07:42 PM
cpdorroh's Avatar
cpdorroh cpdorroh is offline
Elder User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 520
cpdorroh is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider50 View Post
IMO a crew cab raptor, would out sell the super cab. Because most people probably wont be using their raptor for serious off roading, or for that matter off roading at all. Most people would just like some extra ponies and a pissed off looking truck. IMO it would be for the best to make a crew cab, it widens the consumer base, thus generating more sales and bringing in more cash.
Agreed^^^^^^.

If I were buying a raptor, I would definitely go for a SCrew with 5.5' bed. Sure it would have a worse breakover angle than the SCab, but overall it would be a much more functional truck. A SCrew Raptor would still be a very capable off-road machine, still more so than any other OEM truck on the market today. A crew cab would make it more practical for hauling hunting buddies and gear to the favorite spot that's hard to get to.

I'm not a big fan of the looks of a SCab with the 5.5' bed, anyhow. Looks fine with a 6.5', but not as much with the 5.5'. JMHO.
__________________
2009 F-150 Lariat SCrew

Previous Ford trucks:
2004 F-250 Super Duty, King Ranch, 6.0 PSD, 4x4, 3.73LS
2001 F-150 Super Cab, XLT, 5.4L, 4x4, 3.55LS
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-24-2009, 07:56 PM
Raider50's Avatar
Raider50 Raider50 is offline
Elder User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Buffalo, Wyoming
Posts: 693
Raider50 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Yah, the wheel base isnt that much longer in the crew than it is on the supercab. If i remember right it was some where around 16 inches. It wouldnt make that much of a difference. I just hope they realize how many more trucks they would sell if it was a crewcab. I know we would get one.
__________________
77 Jeep J20 4wd 360 4sp 4.11's
05 Ford F150 4wd Screw 3.73 Roushcharged FTX
11 Ford F150 4wd Screw 3.55 5.0 Lariat
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-24-2009, 08:41 PM
tseekins's Avatar
tseekins tseekins is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hampton, Virginia
Posts: 20,071
tseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputation
The Screw would definately be bad a$$!

Tim
__________________
Tim
SCPO United States Coast Guard Retired
2011 F-150 XLT 4x4 Ecoboost
2010 Ford Focus
2004 Expedition XLT 4x2

FTE Guidelines
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-24-2009, 08:50 PM
Tylus's Avatar
Tylus Tylus is offline
MMNC (SS)
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Pearl Harbor
Posts: 10,580
Tylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputation
you the man Raider


I would get one as soon as the bank approved me if the Raptor came out in a Screw...even more so if with the 6.2 motor


Scab is just so limiting on its uses, and are severely limited in cargo/people space when compared to a screw
__________________
2002 Excursion XLT w/ V-10 <---Build thread: It's Big, It's Bad, It's Green!
2012 Challenger R/T - It has mufflers that are loud!
2015 Chevrolet Tahoe - New Ford QUALITY is such that I bought a Chevy
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-24-2009, 09:39 PM
jllang2 jllang2 is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 210
jllang2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
my issue is the bed, i would need at minimum a 6 1/2 foot box and still prefer the 8 but few buy those so i know that will not be coming out
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-24-2009, 09:43 PM
wi_bigfoot wi_bigfoot is offline
Freshman User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 35
wi_bigfoot is starting off with a positive reputation.
Any pictures of what the Raptor looks like? Sounds like it's an off road version?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-24-2009, 09:55 PM
Raider50's Avatar
Raider50 Raider50 is offline
Elder User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Buffalo, Wyoming
Posts: 693
Raider50 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wi_bigfoot View Post
Any pictures of what the Raptor looks like? Sounds like it's an off road version?
yah its even got its own site http://www.fordvehicles.com/f150raptor/ its sick
__________________
77 Jeep J20 4wd 360 4sp 4.11's
05 Ford F150 4wd Screw 3.73 Roushcharged FTX
11 Ford F150 4wd Screw 3.55 5.0 Lariat
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-24-2009, 10:07 PM
Raider50's Avatar
Raider50 Raider50 is offline
Elder User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Buffalo, Wyoming
Posts: 693
Raider50 is starting off with a positive reputation.
sorry laggy double post
__________________
77 Jeep J20 4wd 360 4sp 4.11's
05 Ford F150 4wd Screw 3.73 Roushcharged FTX
11 Ford F150 4wd Screw 3.55 5.0 Lariat

Last edited by Raider50; 06-24-2009 at 10:10 PM. Reason: lag
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-24-2009, 11:00 PM
Wes28376 Wes28376 is offline
New User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 19
Wes28376 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpdorroh View Post
Agreed^^^^^^.

If I were buying a raptor, I would definitely go for a SCrew with 5.5' bed. Sure it would have a worse breakover angle than the SCab, but overall it would be a much more functional truck. A SCrew Raptor would still be a very capable off-road machine, still more so than any other OEM truck on the market today. A crew cab would make it more practical for hauling hunting buddies and gear to the favorite spot that's hard to get to.

I'm not a big fan of the looks of a SCab with the 5.5' bed, anyhow. Looks fine with a 6.5', but not as much with the 5.5'. JMHO.
I agree the screw would be a great truck but the most capable on the market I don't know. It depends on what type of offroading you do. For highspeed desert racing I would agree with you.

For slower rock crawling type of offroading the Dodge Power wagon is better. I had an 07 Power wagon before I got my 09 FX4. It was unstoppable off-road. It came standard with:

Hemi engine
Front and rear locking diffs
4:56 gears
Electronic disconnecting front sway bar
Warn winch
Solid front axle
Forged aluminum wheels
33" BFGs stock but I added 35" Toyo MTs without any added lift.

It was a great truck but only got 9 MPG so I had to get something a little more efficient.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-25-2009, 12:25 AM
Raider50's Avatar
Raider50 Raider50 is offline
Elder User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Buffalo, Wyoming
Posts: 693
Raider50 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes28376 View Post
I agree the screw would be a great truck but the most capable on the market I don't know. It depends on what type of offroading you do. For highspeed desert racing I would agree with you.

For slower rock crawling type of offroading the Dodge Power wagon is better. I had an 07 Power wagon before I got my 09 FX4. It was unstoppable off-road. It came standard with:

Hemi engine
Front and rear locking diffs
4:56 gears
Electronic disconnecting front sway bar
Warn winch
Solid front axle
Forged aluminum wheels
33" BFGs stock but I added 35" Toyo MTs without any added lift.

It was a great truck but only got 9 MPG so I had to get something a little more efficient.
im sure it was a ok truck, but the one i saw here in town wouldnt be so great off road because it was a CC long bed. To long of a wheel base to go to many places. But they are 2 different breeds, you are right the raptor is a more hi speed off roader where the wagon is a slower beast
__________________
77 Jeep J20 4wd 360 4sp 4.11's
05 Ford F150 4wd Screw 3.73 Roushcharged FTX
11 Ford F150 4wd Screw 3.55 5.0 Lariat
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-25-2009, 01:14 PM
Wes28376 Wes28376 is offline
New User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 19
Wes28376 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider50 View Post
im sure it was a ok truck, but the one i saw here in town wouldnt be so great off road because it was a CC long bed. To long of a wheel base to go to many places. But they are 2 different breeds, you are right the raptor is a more hi speed off roader where the wagon is a slower beast
Not trying to start an argument but the power wagon isn't available in CC long bed. The Crew Cab is only available with the short bed which is a tad over 6'. The Crew Cab power wagon isn't much longer than the Screw F150 because the rear cab of the Dodge is so much smaller than the ford. You can only get the long bed on the regular cab.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-25-2009, 02:30 PM
Raider50's Avatar
Raider50 Raider50 is offline
Elder User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Buffalo, Wyoming
Posts: 693
Raider50 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes28376 View Post
Not trying to start an argument but the power wagon isn't available in CC long bed. The Crew Cab is only available with the short bed which is a tad over 6'. The Crew Cab power wagon isn't much longer than the Screw F150 because the rear cab of the Dodge is so much smaller than the ford. You can only get the long bed on the regular cab.
oh alright, i must have been thinking of a woodhouse or somthing. but even at that they are still 2 very different trucks.
__________________
77 Jeep J20 4wd 360 4sp 4.11's
05 Ford F150 4wd Screw 3.73 Roushcharged FTX
11 Ford F150 4wd Screw 3.55 5.0 Lariat
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-25-2009, 04:37 PM
RISUPERCREWMAN RISUPERCREWMAN is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 498
RISUPERCREWMAN is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I would not buy any truck unless it was a SuperCrew!!!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-25-2009, 05:22 PM
silver05fx4 silver05fx4 is offline
Posting Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: altoona
Posts: 1,048
silver05fx4 is starting off with a positive reputation.
well if i knew they where kicking around the idea of a for sure crew cab i would have waited
__________________

2010 F-150 STX EXT-CAB BLUE FLAME 33" BFG
prev-2009 F-150 FX4 CREW CAB 3.73 E-Locker,
2005 F-150 FX4 35"edge super 40's http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/album.php?albumid=485
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:22 PM
 
 
 
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) information senix 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 43 07-23-2010 09:06 AM
Ford Raptor Pricing with 6.2 - $3000 more! powerstroke72 6.2L V8 40 04-30-2010 10:42 PM
2010 Raptor Petersen's 4-Wheel & Off-Road 4x4 of the Year! powerstroke72 2010 - 2014 Ford SVT F150 Raptor 0 12-03-2009 04:26 PM
Raptor supercrew!!!! powerstroke72 5.0L Coyote 31 11-30-2009 02:44 PM
Svt Raptor Thread - All Threads Here rambaseball45 2009 - 2014 F150 51 11-09-2008 10:19 AM


Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2009 - 2014 F150 > 2010 - 2014 Ford SVT F150 Raptor

Tags
150, bed, cab, compare, cover, crew, door, ford, j20, jeep, lsii, picture, power, raptor, wagon

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


Participate In The Forums

Create new posts and participate in discussions. It's free!

Sign Up »





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 AC1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Statement - Jobs
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.

vbulletin Admin Backup