1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Bumpsides Ford Truck

Mustang Fuel Tank Install

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2015, 10:10 AM
ultraranger
Lead Driver
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by MIKES 68 F100
I am thinking Skip got Coal in his stocking for Christmas this year .
Lighten up Frances geez
Here's a visual aid for that.

Old 12-25-2015, 10:32 AM
instig8r63
Cargo Master
Received 108 Likes on 82 Posts
He's obviously trolling. Either that or he's jealous.
Regardless, by his theory, any modification or upgrade made to a vintage automobile by the owner is plagiarizing if someone else made a similar mod or upgrade first.
So, I guess my lowered, c-notched, tubbed, 460'd F100 is nothing but a pile of stolen ideas

Old 12-25-2015, 11:19 AM
ultraranger
Lead Driver
In 2004, I was working on development of a rear disc brake conversion bracket to put SN95 Mustang rear discs on an early Mustang/related Ford. At that time, there wasn't any information on the net/forums of anyone using a modern Ford SN95 Mustang 4-wheel disc MC on an early Mustang. After I completed the swap, I posted my information and numerous photos of what I had done on various Mustang forums. Today, it's very commonplace to see people running or mentioning this style MC on an early Mustang application.

On this forum, I installed a modern Explorer 4-wheel disc MC on my '69 F100. Prior to this, there was no information of anyone using this style MC on an old Ford truck. Currently, I can think of at least 7 people that are running or, plan to run, this style MC on their truck since they saw my information and photos of what I had done on my own truck. I'm flattered that someone would deem something I've done as being worthy of using on their own vehicle.

I don't mind if some individual sees something I've done and wants to adopt it for use on their own vehicle --that's all just a part of sharing information. If I was all worried about "thieves" taking 'my ideas,' I wouldn't be posting specifics and photos about what I've done, in order to make it easy for them to "steal" it and then for me to turn around and complain about someone ripping me off.

Old 12-25-2015, 11:36 AM
instig8r63
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by ultraranger
In 2004, I was working on development of a rear disc brake conversion bracket to put SN95 Mustang rear discs on an early Mustang/related Ford. At that time, there wasn't any information on the net/forums of anyone using a modern Ford SN95 Mustang 4-wheel disc MC on an early Mustang. After I completed the swap, I posted my information and numerous photos of what I had done on various Mustang forums. Today, it's very commonplace to see people running or mentioning this style MC on an early Mustang application.

On this forum, I installed a modern Explorer 4-wheel disc MC on my '69 F100. Prior to this, there was no information of anyone using this style MC on an old Ford truck. Currently, I can think of at least 7 people that are running or, plan to run, this style MC on their truck since they saw my information and photos of what I had done on my own truck. I'm flattered that someone would deem something I've done as being worthy of using on their own vehicle.

I don't mind if some individual sees something I've done and wants to adopt it for use on their own vehicle --that's all just a part of sharing information. If I was all worried about "thieves" taking 'my ideas,' I wouldn't be posting specifics and photos about what I've done, in order to make it easy for them to "steal" it and then for me to turn around and complain about someone ripping me off.
I agree. Also, I like when someone does a similar modification that I've done, yet personalizes it for their specific application. I've seen a bunch of Mustang fuel tank install threads on different era Ford trucks and I can't say I've seen two that were the same. I've also seen others use fuel tanks from different makes and models of vehicles, not just Mustangs.

Old 12-25-2015, 02:40 PM
RichS2659
Cargo Master
Received 149 Likes on 129 Posts
Skippy, you lost IT when you sold your article to a large disseminator of public information, Classic Trucks. And you lost IT again when you posted it here in a public forum. You have no copyright and this is public knowledge since people stuffed a larger tank into a Model T. You are an ambulance chaser of the first order. Stop trying to confiscate Bobby's VHS VCR (Sony vs Universal, USSC). Copyright is a matter of law, and protects exact expression, not ideas.

Old 12-25-2015, 03:55 PM
Randle
Fleet Mechanic
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My goodness somebody got up on the wrong side of the bed. There isn’t a whole lot you can do on these old trucks that someone has hasn’t done something similar. I get ideas from others all the time and I know others have copied some of mine. It gives you a good feeling to stand back and see your ideas come together when you build something, but it is even better to know others like it enough to copy or improve on your ideas. To me the best part of these forums, shows and cruise ins is the sharing of ideas and knowledge of these old rigs. And I will say I have read some of Bobby’s post and used some of his ideas along with several other people’s ideas when I built my truck. So good job Bobby keep on posting, I might need to borrow something else.

Old 12-25-2015, 04:16 PM
instig8r63
Cargo Master
I'm still waiting for Skippy to respond as to whether he gave John Niolon a percentage of his money from the Classic Trucks article or whether he just chose to quietly profit from the "stolen idea."
I hate a hypocrite.

Old 12-25-2015, 06:32 PM
ultraranger
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by instig8r63
I'm still waiting for Skippy to respond as to whether he gave John Niolon a percentage of his money from the Classic Trucks article or whether he just chose to quietly profit from the "stolen idea."
I hate a hypocrite.
I'll be highly surprised if you get an answer to that. I'd also like to see what all Mr. Skip has done to his truck. I bet those things came from the information/photos he saw of what someone before him had done on their vehicle. I wonder if each and everyone of the other people he got the ideas from were given due credit for their contribution to his build, in making his truck what it is? IF he left anyone out, by his own definition, then he's a thief of the worst kind.

Perhaps Skip let some random people hype him up in tipping him off that some guy over at FTE is ripping off his article and that he (Skip) needs to go over there and set that guy straight(?). Whatever the case, I think Skip just got off on the wrong foot with his introduction and his approach here.

I'm pretty laid back and willing to give someone a second chance to redeem themselves. If he wants to start anew here and be a positive contributor and a part of the fellowship here then, I'm not against that. Sometimes we let our emotions run ahead of our sensibilities and we speak before we think about our actions.

It's Christmas Day. What better time to forgive and forget any (perceived) transgressions from another and move onward for the better?

Old 12-25-2015, 07:38 PM
instig8r63
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by ultraranger
I'll be highly surprised if you get an answer to that. I'd also like to see what all Mr. Skip has done to his truck. I bet those things came from the information/photos he saw of what someone before him had done on their vehicle. I wonder if each and everyone of the other people he got the ideas from were given due credit for their contribution to his build, in making his truck what it is? IF he left anyone out, by his own definition, then he's a thief of the worst kind.

Perhaps Skip let some random people hype him up in tipping him off that some guy over at FTE is ripping off his article and that he (Skip) needs to go over there and set that guy straight(?). Whatever the case, I think Skip just got off on the wrong foot with his introduction and his approach here.

I'm pretty laid back and willing to give someone a second chance to redeem themselves. If he wants to start anew here and be a positive contributor and a part of the fellowship here then, I'm not against that. Sometimes we let our emotions run ahead of our sensibilities and we speak before we think about our actions.

It's Christmas Day. What better time to forgive and forget any (perceived) transgressions from another and move onward for the better?
I'm not as forgiving as you. The jerk called me a thief.
Now, if he apologizes, then....

Old 12-25-2015, 09:34 PM
RichS2659
Cargo Master
Received 149 Likes on 129 Posts
Skippy, you profited off of Ford's trademarked names of Mustang and F-100 in your article in Classic Trucks. Did you pay royalties to Ford for the use of the names?

Old 12-26-2015, 11:14 AM
bajafishnut
Cargo Master
Received 43 Likes on 25 Posts
Perhaps, Skippy just had poor toilet training as a child, and has never gotten over it. Some people view the world with a *****ty outlook, and can't help but spread it around. When, and IF he reads all his feed back here, I doubt that he will respond. He has engaged mouth, before mind, so is spinning his wheels with negativity. I hope you wake up Skip, and smell the exhaust..

Baja

Old 12-26-2015, 11:23 AM
soliday
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bobby I couldn't agree with you more . Skipinhoustin comes is on fire with "you claim to be so smart but you're a thief that copied ideas , text and pictures " . I thought , maybe this guys is trolling . But then , he sounded like he was backing off with "fair enough , I've made my point , you've made yours ". Then he turns around and keeps it going with " plagiarizing is still intellectual theft " . This out of line troll has reminded me to give appreciation to people like you Bobby and many others on FTE who , in all actuality , give up their time for free , answering questions and sharing pics of modifications they have done to their trucks . Sincerely , thank you for providing years of inspiration and top notch knowledge Bobby .

Old 12-26-2015, 11:50 AM
ultraranger
Lead Driver
I totally understand your perspective. He (evidently) only joined the forum to come after you and not me. I wouldn't be very happy if someone called me a "thief" either. I consider you one of my truck buddies here and as such, I don't like seeing friends being attacked. That's why I stepped up and commented on what he said to you. Normal 'families' defend their own.

It isn't as if you're a free-lance writer stealing information to write an article for your own profit, that's in any way taking away from his livelyhood. It also isn't like you took someone else's design and produced it for sale for your own profit either so, I'm not really sure what his problem is with you?

Since I don't think he got the response he was hoping for, I'll be surprised if he comes back. If he does, a simple apology would probably go a long way in squashing this childishness. --but I doubt if he'll be man enough to admit he's in the wrong. This will probably drift off into the unresolved cold case files.....

Old 12-26-2015, 12:19 PM
hot-rod
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys,

it´s Christmas. In german we call it "the festival of love"
I understand the anger of Bobby, BUT

Merry Christmas
Dirk

Old 12-26-2015, 04:06 PM
gangstakr
Logistics Pro
Received 55 Likes on 33 Posts
Hey Bobby, I'm with you on this one. Good ole Uncle Skip Came here to throw rocks, then ran back to the other place so all his buddies can stick up for him. In the mean time he's hiding while everyone else fights his battles. That other place is known for that.
If you go over there and say something, they all want to gang up on you and say what a low life you are. But there are so many on the other site that cry to each other than get help from the select few.
I know they say it's between the two of you, but if that's the case, why did he decide to say what he said on a forum he doesn't really hang out in?
I say he's a coward just like the ones who stick up for him.
That's my 2 1/2 cents.
Your not alone Bobby.

Quick Reply: Mustang Fuel Tank Install