Fuel system upgrades to make biodiesel/WVO compatible?
I have an ’87 F250 6.9l with Banks turbo. Want to convert to run 100% WVO and/or biodiesel blend out of front tank and looking for guidance on all the changes I should make to fuel delivery and return system. If people have suggestions for parts/manufactures and ballpark costs too, that’d be great. Already in process of:
· Replace mechanical lift pump with facet duralift to be mounted after tank switch vale on frame
· Bypass water separator and use racor combined filter and water separator
Looking for guidance on the rest, including:
· Additional inline fuel heating: necessary and where in line and any recommendation on what to use?
· In tank fuel heater: Eletrice or coolant based? Thermostat?
Fuel line and seals
· Fuel and return lines – material, brand?
· Seals – injector return line cap o-rings?, IP seals? Any other seals (tank selector valve)?
· Any additional in-line filtration? # of stages, micron, parts, location (frame, engine bay)