Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2007+ Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-19-2009, 02:16 PM
Senior User

anollmann is starting off with a positive reputation.
ProClip Mounts

Hey All,

I apologize if this sounds like spam, but I am a firm believer is sharing when I find a product that I love. I took delivery of my 09 Expedition Limited last saturday, and was cruising the web trying to find a mount for my cell phone. I stumbled accross ProClip, and ordered a few parts to try out. What a great product! Pricing is a little steep, but quality, fit, and finish are PERFECT. They shipped same day, and installation took me about 10 minutes. I was able to utilize the Griffin iPhone cable I already purchased for SYNC. I used the standard mount for by blackberry 8703e because I don't normally charge it in the car, and I don't see much use for a tilt swivel. For the iPhone I used the tilt swivel mount with the cable adapter and it too is perfect. I ordered the horizontal adapter plate, but ended up installing it vertical to not block the radio controls.

ProClip Mounting System*-*Device Holders and Dashboard Vehicle Mounts

Here are some pictures:

Click the image to open in full size.

Its hard to tell in the picture, but the tilt swivel adds about a 1/2 inch clearance between the iPhone and the BB.

2009 Expedition Limited
Old 06-19-2009, 03:49 PM
Postmaster

berry1234 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Nice. I love your steering wheel. What model Expy did you get? Was that extra?

Old 06-19-2009, 04:08 PM
Senior User

Is a limited model. The buttons on the steering wheel are for the SYNC

2009 Expedition Limited
Old 06-19-2009, 04:42 PM
Postmaster

berry1234 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Nice. .

Old 06-19-2009, 04:58 PM
Freshman User

Fearsam is starting off with a positive reputation.
Spam, Nah!! Its always fun to hear about whats cool and new. Awesome setup! I'm going to check them out. Thanks for the input about the Ram Laptop holder. I will give Havis a call and get the parts that I need.

Have a great weekend!
Old 06-19-2009, 07:55 PM
MMNC (SS)

Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.
not bad. and better than where I stick my iPhone. But I gotta ask...why 2 phones?

btw Where is the Sync module located?

my dash/steering wheel looks identical...you have 2 more buttons on your wheel though

If it's possible, I want to installed the Sync setup in my Expy
Old 06-19-2009, 08:19 PM
Senior User

I've had the iPhone for about 6 months now, and I love it. It was my personal and business phone, but my new job issued me a blackberry so for the moment I keeping both...

I don't know about adding SYNC. I would imagine its a pretty complicated add on considering it requires the steering wheel buttons, radio buttons, USB/Aux IN in the console, and the microphone in the rear view mirror. I would check the forums at syncmyride.com

Good luck, hope you get your truck back soon!

Alex

2009 Expedition Limited
Old 06-19-2009, 08:19 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator

Tags
19992003, 2006, 2008, angled, clip, expedition, f150, f250, ford, iphone, mount, mounts, pics, pro, proclip, truck