6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Does anyone have anything bad to say about the Liberator EGR Delete Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 05:35 PM
berick
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Does anyone have anything bad to say about the Liberator EGR Delete Kit?

I think I might put one of these in my truck but I wanted to make sure it was cool before I shelled out the $$$. The local diesel performance shop recommends this kit. Thanks for the input.

Old 06-18-2009, 05:53 PM
strokin83
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yea I bought it for my truck. I was happy with everything. Their customer service was awesome as well...good luck.

Old 06-18-2009, 05:58 PM
joe blow
Cargo Master
Received 337 Likes on 209 Posts
In all honesty I do not know much about the kit, it looks like every other kit.

I installed a kit from FirstCoastDieselPerformance.com

Check it out. In my opinion you get the most for your money with this kit. Clean (hot tanked) intake manifold that is heliarced with new coolant flow passages, a 180* heliarced tube to connect the coolant from the manifold to the oil cooler & a new up pipe without the flex section that might break because there is no more support from the EGR cooler. ALL THIS FOR 630.00 (plus 250.00 refundable core charge until you send your old manifold and up pipe)

From Liberator.......For 600.00 you get a new up pipe, a reroute tube and a piece of hose.

CALL ME CRAZY, but it seems like you get alot more for the money with FCDP.

By the way, if you haven't done your CCV reroute...your current intake is going to look real gummed up and oily....another reason to start with a clean and modified intake.

Just my opinion, but you'll buy what your gonna buy anyway.

Good Luck

Old 06-18-2009, 06:54 PM
salty
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the liberator egr delete along with SCT from innovative. My EGT's are alot lower than ever before and the truck runs awesome. Even towing my 40 ft 5th wheel RV with an 04 F350 crew cab I very rarely hit 10K on the EGT. It averaged around 700 or 800 while towing. That is impressive.

Old 06-18-2009, 08:52 PM
berick
Elder User
Originally Posted by joe blow
In all honesty I do not know much about the kit, it looks like every other kit.

I installed a kit from FirstCoastDieselPerformance.com

Check it out. In my opinion you get the most for your money with this kit. Clean (hot tanked) intake manifold that is heliarced with new coolant flow passages, a 180* heliarced tube to connect the coolant from the manifold to the oil cooler & a new up pipe without the flex section that might break because there is no more support from the EGR cooler. ALL THIS FOR 630.00 (plus 250.00 refundable core charge until you send your old manifold and up pipe)

From Liberator.......For 600.00 you get a new up pipe, a reroute tube and a piece of hose.

CALL ME CRAZY, but it seems like you get alot more for the money with FCDP.

By the way, if you haven't done your CCV reroute...your current intake is going to look real gummed up and oily....another reason to start with a clean and modified intake.

Just my opinion, but you'll buy what your gonna buy anyway.

Good Luck
I have 45,000 miles on my pickup, do you think that would be enough to gum up the intake? Also I've been reading up on the whole CCV reroute deal but there seems to be a bit of controversyey over whether or not it's beneficial. I would like to admit I am in the "for" rather than the "against" as far as the re-route goes. Is this an easy procedure for a guy to do himself? Is there a kit I need to buy in order to do it or is it a handyman kinda deal?

Old 06-18-2009, 09:23 PM
Angrywasp
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by salty
I have the liberator egr delete along with SCT from innovative. My EGT's are alot lower than ever before and the truck runs awesome. Even towing my 40 ft 5th wheel RV with an 04 F350 crew cab I very rarely hit 10K on the EGT. It averaged around 700 or 800 while towing. That is impressive.
Sorry but that just strikes me as funny. Might be the alcohol talking though.

Old 06-18-2009, 10:18 PM
rickatic
Postmaster
Joe,

If you are crazy so am I. I also researched all the egr cooler delete kits I could find. I bought the FCD because you get so much more for your money. All the kits require the same amount of work so why not go first class for a few dollars more. Pun intended.

i

Old 06-19-2009, 07:32 AM
joe blow
Cargo Master
berick,

Yes your manifold is bad. I had 40k on my truck when I did my EGR delete (I performed a CCV reroute 1k before). The CCV reroute IS A MUST IMO. It will prolong the life of your intake elbow (feeds the turbo), IC boots, Intercooler (IC)....etc etc

Just an example. When I did my EGR delete, I had to replace the elbow that feeds the turbo (right after the air filter) and two iC boots. They were OIL ROTTED! Sure the new boots claim to be oil resistant but who gves a s**t??? The oil vapors are terrible for the intake system. If you do it right you'll be abe to capture the vapors in a sealed (drainable) container and return clean(er) air back to the intake......Do a search you'll find it.

rickatic,

I am so happy with the results I got from doing an EGR delete.....and even happier that I went with a kit from FCDP....First Class product. The only modification I made to mine is I replaced a majority of my hoses with silicone hoses (take heat well, never deteriorate). I changed the hoses that came with my FCDP with silcone hose...The important thing is tho use "shielded clamps" to avoid damaging the hose. Other than that....bolt it in.

Old 06-19-2009, 10:05 AM
berick
Elder User
Where do I get this "CCV Reroute Kit" and is it fairly easy to do?

Old 06-19-2009, 01:36 PM
joe blow
Cargo Master
I bought one, but once I received it I realized I could have made it.

It would be way too long and drawn out for me to explain how to make it. If you search around this site on a guy named "bismic", he has a picture of it mounted on his truck. I have the exact one. I bought mine through a vendor on another site that I will not recommend. There are several types of CCV reroutes that vary in price and complexity but ultimateley do the same thing. Good Luck

Old 06-19-2009, 08:06 PM
bloodline666
Freshman User
i was also thinking about the erg delete and the ccv reroute. but i have one question? does anyone know if either of them will void your warranty? i have the extended for 200,000 and im at 94,000 now and really dont want to void the warranty. thanx for any input.

Old 06-19-2009, 08:25 PM
adambomb
Posting Guru
Yeah they very likely could/would void your warrenty. Depends on your dealer. If you really want to do these mods ask the techs or service writers what they think...

Old 06-21-2009, 08:57 PM
fordboy2
Cargo Master
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
could someone see if they could find some info on the ccv reroute and post a link?

Old 06-21-2009, 09:12 PM
SHAWN056.0
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fordboy2
could someone see if they could find some info on the ccv reroute and post a link?
Go to the tech folder and find the ccv reroute. It'll tell ya what to do. But on the other hand you could just go down to your local parts store get some 1 inch id heater hose, about 15 foot, and a hose clamp and take it out of the intake and route under the truck. Put a 3/4 inch rubber compression plug in the intake hole, also at the parts store, and call it good.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:40 AM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
Guess my eyes (or my patience ) is failing again....

interested in researching this....

would someone that knows where I could find the tech folder post a link ?
I looked and can't see anything named tech folder......

THANK YOU !

Quick Reply: Does anyone have anything bad to say about the Liberator EGR Delete Kit?