6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

I Finally bought one.

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 07:27 PM
BIGGDDAVE
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Finally bought one.

I have been looking for a new 2009 f-250, so Friday I went looking somemore for a truck, They just can't be found All I wanted was a Diesel, long bed, crew, 3:73 gears. White or light color. I live in California and the closest truck like that was in Arizona for $43,000. I went to a dealer the other night to look at one that was in there ad at $29,000. Well it was a misprint (scam), it was for a f-150 instead ( ya right) But while I was there I saw a 2004 F-350 lariat, diesel, auto, longbed, supercab, Aluminum Rims Dually.Fram air intake system, Bed lid, line x sprayed bedliner, Well I could not pass it up. It had one owner, Inside the truck was like new Heated seats (no marks on seats) , electric drivers side seat,6 disk player but I have a IPOD. The truck has 180,000 miles on it but for a diesel it is just getting broke in, This truck is clean, Tires look good. I think it has 3:73 gears. Well I got it for $12,300 and a warranty I feel like I got a good Deal. It Bluebooks at $21,000. I will show pictures as soon as I can figure out how?
Dave

Old 06-28-2009, 07:34 PM
joe blow
Cargo Master
Received 336 Likes on 209 Posts
180K...........any chance you got a carfax on the vehicle to see what has gone on with it or an OASIS report to see the warranty work performed?

My friend bought an awesome 2007 dodge with a cummins, engine brake, electric tonneau...IT WAS AWESOME. The dealer did not offer a carfax, so he bought it on their word. He had a friend who owns a body shop run one for him. The vehicle had been in a total right side destructive accident. He could not believe it...HE looked real close....ALL KINDS OF ***** was still bent, bondo etc. I looked at the vehicle...you could not tell...until you stuck your head way up in the wheel wells etc.

He took it back, they said tough. His friend gave him advice to mention a DMV investigation...the dealership practically handed him the money as soon as he threatened to get the DMV involved. True Story

For those of you that ever run into this....from what I understand...a DMV investigation (fraud) is like the worst thing a dealership (new and used) can go through. It is an intense audit.

Old 06-28-2009, 07:43 PM
SHAWN056.0
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by joe blow
180K...........any chance you got a carfax on the vehicle to see what has gone on with it or an OASIS report to see the warranty work performed?
Man... i didin't want to rain on his parade but i was thinking the same thing. Glad u beat me to the punch joe!
Yeah if i were you i'd definately get an oasis report on that truck. Hopefully it doesn't scare the crap out of ya.

Old 06-28-2009, 07:53 PM
PETE'S_6.0PSD
Postmaster
good luck Dave post some pix as soon as you get a chance
BTW, i doubt it that it has 3.73 gears in dually. i think they were stock 4.10 and some 4.30. what is your RPM while going bout 70mph..

anyways got OASIS as other guys said.
but since it has allready 180k all the kinks and bugs should be out of it....

good luck....

Old 06-28-2009, 07:55 PM
joe blow
Cargo Master
I bet he's ok.

I still could not believe in what shape my buddy's DODGE was in. I am pretty picky, my friend....forget about it...way picky.

You could not tell this truck had gone through so much damage. To the naked eye, straight as an arrow.......To the naked eye with some information.....oh nelly!

Old 06-28-2009, 08:01 PM
BIGGDDAVE
New User
History

I did not get a CarFax with it. I asked but they did not have one. On a diesel with 180,000 miles what concerns me from what I have read is the injectors. Driving the truck everything feels fine. I am planning a trip to Montana, Washington, then down the coast to California. This truck will not be a daily driver. I feel confident there should be no problems. I just addopted 2 little boys and wanted something a little bigger then the Honda Civics for long trips. I also wanted a truck to pull a 5th wheel
Dave

Old 06-28-2009, 08:21 PM
PETE'S_6.0PSD
Postmaster
Originally Posted by BIGGDDAVE
I did not get a CarFax with it. I asked but they did not have one. On a diesel with 180,000 miles what concerns me from what I have read is the injectors. Driving the truck everything feels fine. I am planning a trip to Montana, Washington, then down the coast to California. This truck will not be a daily driver. I feel confident there should be no problems. I just addopted 2 little boys and wanted something a little bigger then the Honda Civics for long trips. I also wanted a truck to pull a 5th wheel
Dave
my hat off to you Dave for giving those kids a second chance in their life......

Old 06-28-2009, 08:23 PM
joe blow
Cargo Master
Sounds good. The reason I threw the DODGE story in there was just for information only.

I bet you'll be ok. There are alot of really knowledgeable guys here that will answer all of your questions. Ask away and good luck Dave.

Old 06-28-2009, 08:59 PM
ljutic ss
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by joe blow

My friend bought an awesome 2007 dodge with a cummins, engine brake, electric tonneau...IT WAS AWESOME. The dealer did not offer a carfax, so he bought it on their word. He had a friend who owns a body shop run one for him. The vehicle had been in a total right side destructive accident. He could not believe it...HE looked real close....ALL KINDS OF ***** was still bent, bondo etc. I looked at the vehicle...you could not tell...until you stuck your head way up in the wheel wells etc.

He took it back, they said tough. His friend gave him advice to mention a DMV investigation...the dealership practically handed him the money as soon as he threatened to get the DMV involved. True Story

For those of you that ever run into this....from what I understand...a DMV investigation (fraud) is like the worst thing a dealership (new and used) can go through. It is an intense audit.

At least my state (Pa.) would have the title branded as a salvage.

Old 06-28-2009, 09:20 PM
PoWeRsTrOkEdF250
Senior User
Originally Posted by PETE'S_6.0PSD
my hat off to you Dave for giving those kids a second chance in their life......
Mine to Dave thats always a nice thing to hear as for the truck thats a good deal id say payments must be low for it I hope it works out for you

Old 06-28-2009, 09:48 PM
pjwoolw
Postmaster

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good luck with your new rig Dave!. Joe, I just love stories like that.

Old 06-29-2009, 09:48 AM
joe blow
Cargo Master
pjwoolw,

Me too! The dealership thought they had my friend by the gnads......he recreated the jawdropping expression the manager displayed....PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!

............hey what happened to your green and white old man pic?

Old 06-29-2009, 07:05 PM
pjwoolw
Postmaster

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Got tired of it.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:23 PM
joe blow
Cargo Master
Was that supposed to be you?