6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

accidently put gasoline engine oil in my 6.0 diesel

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 05:50 PM
bigredtruckmi
Lead Driver
Received 218 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by seth1
since the problem occured i've changed the fuel filters about 3 or 4 times..

i've heard about the wire harness problems and when i had it in a shop they said the harnesses looked fine.

now yesterday i started it up and it ran fine for about 20 seconds then started running like an injector was out. now im thinking maybe im having problems with the inside of my tank breaking down. i have heard some stuff but not alot. could this be possible? can i just un hook my fuel lines to the tank and use air to blow them out?
Fuel tank breakdown or separation has been due to the use of high % of biodiesel fuels.
Beyond the 5% which is OK.

Old 06-19-2009, 06:48 PM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,097 Likes on 997 Posts
Originally Posted by supertruck60
Hi,

The 6.0 liter has a problem with stiction due to the breakdown of the engine's oil.

We make an oil additive, Hot Shot's Secret, that was designed for International to address this issue. It cleans the oil side of the injectors to help eliminate this and restore the function of the engine's fuel delivery system. If a problem has been diagnosed with the injectors we always recommend running the treatment before replacement.

I am reposting this article that we wrote to flesh out what the problem is and how we can help.

Feel free to call us anytime with any questions that you may have.

Best Regards,
Dan

How To Solve Power Stroke Diesel Truck Injector Problems Inexpensively

Hot Shot's Secret has finally solved the common and costly fuel injector problems diesel truck owners have lamented for years.

To increase the efficiency in modern diesel engines, manufacturers have increased the pressure at the tip of the injector. This increase provides for a better, more efficient burn with added power. Older injectors would put out 1,200 psi at the injector tip but the new diesel engines put out 26,200 psi at the tip. To achieve this increase in pressure the manufacturers had to tighten the tolerance inside the injector. This increased the friction and temperature. The higher temperatures have a burning effect on the engine oil. A layer of oxidized oil and additives form, slowing down the injector and eventually stopping it altogether.

"Injectors in the diesel truck engines have a high failure rate," says Chris Gabrelcik, lubrication engineer, CEO of Lubrication Specialties, Inc. and the creator of Hot Shot's Secret. "Injector issues cause slow start-up, rough idling, hesitation, and lack of power because the injectors aren't firing properly." Until now, owners had to replace their existing injectors, often spending up to $2,500.00, with no guarantee that the problem would not occur in the future.

An amazing 86% of the time, Hot Shot's Secret solves the problem completely, and for the other 14% it has made a significant improvement. "We've got a money back guarantee and if it doesn't work, we'll credit you," says Gabrelcik, who acknowledges the fact that in some instances the product might not work because of other mechanical failures.

Originally created for International Truck and Engine, Hot Shot's Secret is an additive made from a combination of detergents and dispersants. Once added to the vehicle’s crankcase, Hot Shot's Secret removes build-up, the coking and varnishing left behind from overheating of the engine’s oil. "It's the only thing you can put in your engine that will clean it out and actually solve the problem," says Gabrelcik, who spent two years sending dozens of different formulas around the country to be tested in various terrain and weather conditions. The final product was rolled out in November 2005.

In addition to the improved injector performance, Hot Shot’s Secret’s formula will also clean the deposits in the engine and turbo and will fortify existing oil, thus helping it to work more effectively. It only takes 64 ounces of chemical to clean 100,000 miles of build-up. 32 ounces every 3-4 oil changes will prevent the problem from recurring. Lubrication Specialties has customers on record with 500,000 miles on their trucks and are still using the original set of injectors.

Gabrelcik, who has been in the industry for over 14 years, founded Lubrication Specialties in 1997. He has extensive experience working with vibration analysis, oil reclamation, and lubrication consulting with countless national and local companies. For more information, please call 800-341-6516 or visit www.lubricationspecialties.com
He said he already tried HSS.....that didn't work either.

Old 06-21-2009, 11:05 PM
supertruck60
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
missed that part :)

Originally Posted by BPofMD
He said he already tried HSS.....that didn't work either.
Hi,

I missed that part....

Stiction is a nasty bugger and sometimes requires a second treatment...depending on how badly oxidized the injectors have become.

He can call Chris tomorrow and tell him about this situation and he will take care of it. 1-800-341-6516

Again, if the codes for the injectors are coming up...that is usually a sign that they are not firing right and the most common cause is stiction in the 6.0.

I hope that this helps...and thanks for the clarification.

Best Regards,

Dan

Old 06-22-2009, 08:16 AM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hmmmm....
time passes and ....

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/8...stimonial.html

I may be exiting again soon

Old 06-22-2009, 11:05 AM
supertruck60
Junior User
needs clarification

Originally Posted by jdadamsjr
hmmmm....
time passes and ....

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/8...stimonial.html

I may be exiting again soon
Hi,

Good to hear from you.

We already handled that situation and removed that person from our material. That posting was from March...

Interestingly in a recent thread out here we had lots of people posting their testimonials praising the product and what it had done for them.

It is always gratifying to hear from those who are having great success and like to tell us about it. The phone rings everyday at Lubrication Specialties with such stories...and the emails are great too!

If you have further questions regarding this you can call us directly and we would be happy to clarify. 1-800-341-6516.

Best Regards,
Dan

Old 06-22-2009, 04:09 PM
D8chumley
Resident smarta$$
Dan, I have to say I admire your conviction. You don't give up, I think I would have cussed somebody by now. This is a compliment- I hope this is the way you took it.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:15 AM
seth1
Senior User
well i ordered another bottle of that hot shot secret stuff.. just gonna cross my fingers and hope for the best

Old 06-23-2009, 02:15 PM
supertruck60
Junior User
Originally Posted by D8chumley
Dan, I have to say I admire your conviction. You don't give up, I think I would have cussed somebody by now. This is a compliment- I hope this is the way you took it.
Hey Tim,

Good to hear from you.

Always nice to hear the kind words!

Best,
Dan

Old 06-23-2009, 02:16 PM
supertruck60
Junior User
Call Chris

Originally Posted by seth1
well i ordered another bottle of that hot shot secret stuff.. just gonna cross my fingers and hope for the best
Seth,

Give Chris a call to discuss this...see what is happening and what he can do to help. 1-800-341-6516.

Thanks for your good faith and patronage.

Dan

Old 06-26-2009, 01:14 PM
D8chumley
Resident smarta$$
Originally Posted by supertruck60
Hey Tim,

Good to hear from you.

Always nice to hear the kind words!

Best,
Dan
I'm not endorsing HSS, I'm on the fence as to whether it worked for me or not. It seems since the dealer put 15-40 in my motor after the HPOP it has the same issues I had when I first used it (also running 15-40), until it warms up. Seems like a lazy inj. until it reaches operating temp. It doesn't do this when I run syn 5-40, which I'll be switching back to next OC. I have 1/2 bottle of HSS I intend to use with it also, mostly just b/c I still have 1/2 bottle left. If the stiction continues MAYBE I'll try another dose. I'm just saying I admire your determination.

Old 06-26-2009, 03:57 PM
jimmy-six
Laughing Gas
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Just changed my oil getting ready for a 5000 mile trip. I put in 1/2 bottle of HHS at 20K eventhou I had no problems. Just put in the rest of the bottle here at 35K. I use Mobil 1 5-40 for the last 3 changes at 5K each. I don't use the truck as much as I should so I'm trying to protect it as much as I can. Replaced the rear oil with Royal Purple and added an aluminum cover I won in a raffle. I'll keep putting it in every 15K as protection..Good Luck to all

Old 06-26-2009, 04:23 PM
supertruck60
Junior User
Originally Posted by D8chumley
I'm not endorsing HSS, I'm on the fence as to whether it worked for me or not. It seems since the dealer put 15-40 in my motor after the HPOP it has the same issues I had when I first used it (also running 15-40), until it warms up. Seems like a lazy inj. until it reaches operating temp. It doesn't do this when I run syn 5-40, which I'll be switching back to next OC. I have 1/2 bottle of HSS I intend to use with it also, mostly just b/c I still have 1/2 bottle left. If the stiction continues MAYBE I'll try another dose. I'm just saying I admire your determination.
Thanks, Tim.

If we can be of assistance, feel free to contact us anytime.

Best Regards,
Dan

Old 06-29-2009, 06:09 PM
seth1
Senior User
are any of my symptoms maybe leading to having a bad icp sensor? i would really like to figure out my problem with out having to take it to a dealer because ive learned all they do is guess and check and i can do that alot cheaper than they can lol

Old 06-29-2009, 06:42 PM
seth1
Senior User
also one other question. when an injector goes out is it possible for it to make a ticking noise? i kinda got one on the passenger side of my engine

Old 06-29-2009, 08:48 PM
bismic
Fleet Owner
Received 2,484 Likes on 1,722 Posts
I have seen a tip that says a ticking sound can mean an HPOP (high pressure oil pump) going bad. I can not find the reference, but I thought it was from Ford literature. Keep us informed!

Quick Reply: accidently put gasoline engine oil in my 6.0 diesel