Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Expedition & Navigator 1997 - 2002 and 2003 - 2006 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-11-2003, 01:19 AM
Freshman User

averygenosi is starting off with a positive reputation.
Slight rumble from front end upon turning either way

Old 01-16-2003, 08:50 AM
Senior User

wacnstac is starting off with a positive reputation.

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 01-16-03 AT 09:51 AM (EST)]I have an 03 EXPY and when I accelerate from a stop with the front wheel turned in either direction I can hear a rumble even in 2WD. The stock tires have been replaced with Michelin's but the new tires are not extremely aggresive. Any ideas? Is this normal? Maybe it's just wheel slip, I don't know.
Old 01-17-2003, 09:24 AM
Postmaster

buzzard is starting off with a positive reputation.

Some time ago, my Expy made what sounds like a similar noise. At first I thought it was tire noise as they started to roll from a stop. The noise began to get worse so I took it to the shop. Turned out that the front differential or transfer case needed servicing (can't remember which). Anyway Ford did the fluid change and the noise went away. Hence, I'd have them check both items for proper fluid levels.

Pebble Beige/Wimbledon White
2008 4x4 EB Expedition, White
Old 01-21-2003, 02:28 PM
New User

jahs_storm is starting off with a positive reputation.

Mine is doing a similar thing in a right hand turn (sounds like it is coming from the left front wheel). Just had the differential and crank cases serviced. Wondering if the fluid is low now that I read some of these posts. Please post back once the problem is fixed so we can get a consensus.
Old 01-22-2003, 11:06 AM
Freshman User

y2knavy is starting off with a positive reputation.

I have a 2003 Expy w/ similar problems. The dealership has already replaced the steering rack (less than 2000 miles), because it would make a clunk sound when turning at a stop or slow speed (too much play as well). I'm taking it back again tomorrow because it has just started to do something similar when turning at speed. I can actually feel the wheel jerk/vibrate slightly when coming off or going on to onramps. It has a mechanical feel to it vice tire issues.
The reverse down mirrors are also having problems. They frequently shake and run the motors in to their stops when trying to return to normal position.
Love the vehicle, but too many visits to the dealership for several issues. Too time consuming. I know all the mechanics there by name now. It will eventually get right, the question is after how many more visits.
Old 01-22-2003, 11:06 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Expedition & Navigator

Tags
2000, 2003, end, expedition, f250, ford, front, left, low, noise, rumble, rumbles, tire, tront, truck, turning, wheel