Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2007+ Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-10-2009, 07:01 PM
New User

99expy is starting off with a positive reputation.
tires

I will be replacing tires at some point. I have always bought Michelin but the selection is limited for P25570R18 tires. Any suggestions for replacements? I don't want to replace them with the OEM Pirrelli Scorpion tires, they're not good in the snow. If I go up to P26570R18 the selection is greater. Are there any significant issues with a slighter wider tire?

Thanks
Old 06-10-2009, 11:18 PM
Senior User

gddyup is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.gddyup is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I don't see any problems going to the 265. The size difference is almost neglegible so I wouldn't worry about it. You will be fine at that size.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:57 AM
MMC (SS) Bubblehead!

Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.
32" tall tires right?

check out the 275/65/18 tires...a very wide selection of tires. it's 31.8" tall, and about 10" wide

That is the OEM size for the newer Expy and F-150s

widers tires tend to "float" a bit more than tall narrow tires...but I've been running 265 and 275 width tires for 10+ years in the snow and mud. They do just fine...it's really a matter of getting a really good tire
Old 06-11-2009, 11:52 AM
New User

Thanks for the info. I have a 2007 XLT with 22000 miles. Does changing the tire size affect the warranty and speedometer reading?
Old 06-12-2009, 11:00 AM
Senior User

07EXPYEL is starting off with a positive reputation.
I had more flats with my Scorpions than with any other tires. I found new P25570R18Michelin tires locally on craigslist for <$300 for the set that were take-off from newer stock Tundras. I was happy to save $500 in this economy.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:59 AM
Postmaster

berry1234 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Won't affect warranty and if the overall diameter is close, the speedo won't be off by much if any.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:01 PM
Senior User

welfarewagon is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07EXPYEL View Post
I had more flats with my Scorpions than with any other tires. I found new P25570R18Michelin tires locally on craigslist for <$300 for the set that were take-off from newer stock Tundras. I was happy to save $500 in this economy.
How do you like your Michelin? I am waiting on a set to come Fed Ex as week speak. I assume they are LTX AS as that is all they make in that size.
Making a set of winter tires, I picked up a set of 18" 08 Expy rims for $275 on Ebay.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:15 PM
Senior User

07EXPYEL is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by welfarewagon View Post
How do you like your Michelin?
I like them a lot. I had 2 sets of LTX's on my prior vehicle (van) and they rode well, lasted a long time, and were rather quiet. I'm not sure if this is what you're planning on for a winter tires, so I can't comment on how they perform for winter service. I just use mine for city, highway, dirt roads, and the ocassional snow (if we drive a couple of hours from Phoenix to take the kids to play in the snow).
Old 06-12-2009, 03:00 PM
MMC (SS) Bubblehead!

Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by welfarewagon View Post
How do you like your Michelin? I am waiting on a set to come Fed Ex as week speak. I assume they are LTX AS as that is all they make in that size.
Making a set of winter tires, I picked up a set of 18" 08 Expy rims for $275 on Ebay.
i had a set of the LTX M/S and I loved them

Almost 40,000 miles and they still plenty of tread life left. Went through 2 Winters with snow/ice and they were pretty decent

You get what you pay for, but they are expensive
Old 06-12-2009, 04:52 PM
New User

The last Expedition I had I went through two sets of Cross Terrains and two sets of LTXs. I got an average of 40-50k on each set. The LTXs were a better tire in the snow. Both were pretty good wet and dry. I never had an issue with either tire. I can't buy either of them in the size I need. I'm looking at the Michelin Lattitude Tour or the General Grabber HTS.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:52 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator

Tags
highway, michelin, p25570r18, tires