Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Watch out for Walmart's "Premium Service"

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 09:22 AM
PSDLOVER
Tuned
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry Watch out for Walmart's "Premium Service"

When I was vacationing last year I stopped in at the Kalispell, Mt., Walmart for an oil change as I have done in the past. This time however even though I supplied the filter and oil and requested only the change which normally costs bout $15 they charged me $50 for the Premium service. This involved checking all the fluids thruout the truck which I did not need or want. They refused to refund the amount and I blew it off as I was heading over to Glacier NP that day. This is getting to be kind of a long story but the main question/comment I have is that those suckers stripped out the fill plug on the transfer case. I haven't changed that out in a few years so I crawled under the truck and saw its completely gone - no way I could ever get it out. This blue seal stuff is still intact on there proving that they did it. They put a hard blue glue seal on all the plugs for some reason. I am so angry now. They also messed up my motor oil dipstick. I complained to WMart but have received no response. Watch out for this scam.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:40 AM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That sucks. Hope you get things worked out.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:01 AM
Smokin'
Smokin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow. Man I would keep calling, until you get someone from upper management to call you back.

I don't even trust a steak from WalMart, much less their oil changes.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:39 AM
tojoski
Posting Guru
The glue seal is there as a proof of whether or not it has been tampered with.

Stuff like this is what makes me nervous about getting tires at WM.

You know what they say, " you want something done right, you have to do it yourself"

Old 06-07-2009, 11:04 AM
60RatRod
Posting Guru
Remember the movie "Rain Man" ......my Favorite line......"Raymond let me tell you a little secret, Wal Mart Sucks". O.K. it was Kmart but they're the same if you ask me.

Old 06-07-2009, 11:08 AM
SuperDoodie
Elder User
Yes I always discourage people from getting oil changes at Walmart. I had a friend that had his oil changed there and they didn't put oil back in it. Needless to say the engine failed about 15 miles down the road.. The only good thing is they did pay for a new engine and admitted fault.

Old 06-07-2009, 11:15 AM
LMS Residential
Post Fiend
Why would anyone allow wal mart under the hood of their prized/expensive truck or car when Walmart can't get a quality "mechanic" to work for them since they barely pay a living wage. Sorry about your expensive lesson, I'd be camping out at the store until I received some satisfaction.

Old 06-07-2009, 11:29 AM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 789 Likes on 601 Posts
Nobody touches my truck but me.

Old 06-07-2009, 12:30 PM
Texas Outlaw
Not a liberal...
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I dunno bro, I'd never let a Wal-Mart moron touch my truck. Of course, I hate that store so maybe I am biased....but still.

Old 06-07-2009, 12:33 PM
PSDLOVER
Tuned
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Exclamation I agree with you all of course

Its something I do on the road on vacation mostly because of the disposal problem. I've had it done several times at Kalispell because its 3-4000 miles by then and have never had all these problems. I had pretty much forgotten about all this untill I went under the truck preparing it to go out this summer. They (the 16-yr-old kids that work there) must have used pnumatic tools for the work. My transmission plugs were really hard to get out but not damaged. I'd better take a closer look at the diffs which also have the blue seal. I also don't bring the truck to a shop of any kind unless its something pretty involved that I don't feel qualified to do so I am unaware of anyone else that puts that blue junk on the plugs. That is basically the only proof I have that they did this. I don't know what is involved with getting that stripped plug out and replaced.

Old 06-07-2009, 12:48 PM
aldridgec
Logistics Pro
Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts
Unfortunately for guys like us, we don't want anyone else under our hood. There are good places out there, but I doubt wal mart is one of them. There should be a way to fix up the plug without much trouble, and replace it with a new plug. Problem is inexperienced guys with cheap tools doing work they shouldn't be doing.

Old 06-07-2009, 01:19 PM
crum71
1/8 mile Oval Track

Here is some info that might help..... This is the Home office for Wal-Mart....
<table id="yls-rs-res" summary="This table contains local search results for Wal Mart Home Office in Bentonville"><tbody rel="commerce:Business" id="18408524" class="vcard"><tr class="yls-rs-listinfo"><td class="marker">
</td> <td class="yls-rs-bizinfo">Wal-Mart General Offices (479) 273-4000 702 Sw 8th St, Bentonville, AR</td></tr></tbody></table>

Originally Posted by PSDLOVER
When I was vacationing last year I stopped in at the Kalispell, Mt., Walmart for an oil change as I have done in the past. This time however even though I supplied the filter and oil and requested only the change which normally costs bout $15 they charged me $50 for the Premium service. This involved checking all the fluids thruout the truck which I did not need or want. They refused to refund the amount and I blew it off as I was heading over to Glacier NP that day. This is getting to be kind of a long story but the main question/comment I have is that those suckers stripped out the fill plug on the transfer case. I haven't changed that out in a few years so I crawled under the truck and saw its completely gone - no way I could ever get it out. This blue seal stuff is still intact on there proving that they did it. They put a hard blue glue seal on all the plugs for some reason. I am so angry now. They also messed up my motor oil dipstick. I complained to WMart but have received no response. Watch out for this scam.

Old 06-07-2009, 01:26 PM
jwhitetail
Posting Guru
PSDLOVER, that's crap but we all learn along the way, may i suggest that if you travel and pull alot that you get a bypass filter system, and synthetic oils in everything that way you can go and return home with out changes.

Old 06-07-2009, 01:50 PM
patrick77598
Senior User
This has nothing to do with the original post but I just noticed that you live
in Webster, that's where I used to live with my parents about one mile west of 45 by bay area.

Small world aint it
Patrick

Old 06-07-2009, 02:56 PM
spdmpo
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I hate Walmart and despise it with a passion. A few months ago I took a tire to Wal-Mart to have a patch-plug put on the tire since I had a flat and was right across the street. To make a long story short, they ripped the sidewall while dismounting the tire from the wheel. Came and told me they couldn't fix the tire because the sidewall was damaged. I jumped up and down and hollered and screamed when they said it was like that and they didn't do it. I know exactly how that tire looked and they did it, I could see the marks from the tire changing machine all over. They told me to pound sand.

Ya, Walmart truly super sucks. I'll pass on anything they have to offer, I don't care if it's a little cheaper.

Quick Reply: Watch out for Walmart's "Premium Service"