3.2L Power Stroke The 5 cylinder 3.2 Power Stroke engine fitted to the 2014+ Ford Transit, and new Ford Ranger. Called the 3.2L Duratorq TDCi

2012 Ranger

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 04:41 PM
dkf
Hotshot
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Lone Wolff
They can call that 'new', but it still looks like the old Explorer SportTrac to me.
Just uglier.

Old 08-13-2009, 08:03 AM
wgsj_fortvalley
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fordlover55
That thing is just ugly to these old iron lovin' eyeballs.
thats definately different.

Old 08-18-2009, 09:18 PM
joendoodle
Mountain Pass
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by FourPointTwo97
whats up guys, today i am a delivey driver for a local auto parts company in detroit, i was driving down the I-75 freeway at 9mile road when i spotted a prototype pickup wearing a mazda grille.. here are some pics..

dont know if this proves anything or if anyone stateside has seen one on the roads.. but there they are...

Not my pics, But I saw this same or a very similar MULE southboound on I-275 a month ago just south of I-94 (west of the motor city). I thought from the lines it was a Mazda mule... replacement ranger seems logical.

Old 08-21-2009, 08:06 PM
Hilux
Freshman User
Old 08-22-2009, 11:48 PM
powerstroke1350
Senior User
Holy ***** that is ugly, looks like a nissan and a colorado mixed!

Old 08-25-2009, 02:44 PM
freejay
More Turbo
Originally Posted by redsuperduty
You should have been kicked repeatedly for buying all 4 tacoma's. I know, I know, toyo's are built in USA. bla bla bla - profits go to JAPAN when you buy one! I think that new ranger will be one ugly truck if they build it and it may even be built on foreign soil, but at least the end profit will go to Detroit.
Just keep drivin that F250!!
I know I'm digging up the past here but I have 2 questions.

1. Do you think all Toyota factories employ Japanese people only?

2. How much PROFIT do you think there is in a vehicle, percentage wise?

I will NOT buy/drive an inferior vehicle based on the badge on the fender or where it's made.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:24 PM
MyFordSTX
Junior User
Originally Posted by FourPointTwo97
whats up guys, today i am a delivey driver for a local auto parts company in detroit, i was driving down the I-75 freeway at 9mile road when i spotted a prototype pickup wearing a mazda grille.. here are some pics..

dont know if this proves anything or if anyone stateside has seen one on the roads.. but there they are...
oh you poor thing....you have to drive a Chevy for a work truck....anyway...don't judge you guys. as far as we know, this is just a basic body shell for early testing of the drivetrain. I'll throw $500 on the table betting that truck will look completely different than that early test mule. it's nothing close to anything in the current Ford lineup, so it wouldn't do. sure it's now but wait until we get some later test pics.

Old 08-29-2009, 10:33 AM
Broncoholic1
Posting Guru
Looks like it was rolled over in a crash. That windscreen is a real slope..
Might be for the Thailand bunch... It fits there foreheads.

Old 08-30-2009, 05:59 AM
valdor
Senior User
You mite be right, in SA we get Euro/Thai Fords and their latest Ranger just hit our shores and to be honest im dissapointed. The previous two versions really stood out from the car look alike bunch and reminded us of the F series, but this latest version just went back to its "im actually a mazda" look. No doubt a capable truck but yaiks i like a pickup to look like a pickup and not a sedan. Come to think of it some sedans look more truck like. There, i feel better now...

Old 08-30-2009, 10:47 PM
OldBlueOvalDude
Senior User
I thought I saw three trucks that looked identical to those, only "painted" black and running around up here in Big Snow Country last winter (Good Year has a winter testing facility in the area). My impression was that the trucks weren't fitted with panels that actually belonged on them and where there was good fit and finish (pillars, back of cab, etc.) indicating production potential there was heavy taping and camo. Truck was impressive in person- not too big, not too small in size and with a real nice aggressive stance. I, too thought they were probably Nissans until seeing these spy photos. While not being dogmatic about it, I also agree that we should buy American. The jobs are one thing but the profits and r&d staying stateside are a tremendous boost to our national economy. How many core industries can we lose and still maintain our current standard of living? Apparently one less than we have already lost, if our current economic mess is any indication.

Old 08-31-2009, 11:23 AM
Broncoholic1
Posting Guru
I hope it does not keep the Honda windscreen... To save MPG

Old 09-01-2009, 12:53 PM
valdor
Senior User
Originally Posted by OldBlueOvalDude
I thought I saw three trucks that looked identical to those, only "painted" black and running around up here in Big Snow Country last winter (Good Year has a winter testing facility in the area). My impression was that the trucks weren't fitted with panels that actually belonged on them and where there was good fit and finish (pillars, back of cab, etc.) indicating production potential there was heavy taping and camo. Truck was impressive in person- not too big, not too small in size and with a real nice aggressive stance. I, too thought they were probably Nissans until seeing these spy photos. While not being dogmatic about it, I also agree that we should buy American. The jobs are one thing but the profits and r&d staying stateside are a tremendous boost to our national economy. How many core industries can we lose and still maintain our current standard of living? Apparently one less than we have already lost, if our current economic mess is any indication.
How would you rate the vehicles size compared to the current version?

Old 09-02-2009, 10:20 AM
OldBlueOvalDude
Senior User
My sighting too was quite brief- saw them rolling down the highway, three in a row, nearly bumper to bumper, for about 30 seconds in 35 mph traffic so this all just my impression. I was, however, driving a late model Ranger so it was actually quite easy to make a size comparison. Seemed about the same length as the current Sport Trac, was slightly wider than current Ranger, had about the same ground clearance as the current US Ranger 4x4 but the cab seemed taller- perhaps an indication of better headroom? I will definately buy one, so long as the final sheetmetal isn't totally ugly. Sure hope Dearborn changes it's mind and the US market gets the deisel that the rest of the world has.

Old 09-02-2009, 12:14 PM
valdor
Senior User
Originally Posted by OldBlueOvalDude
My sighting too was quite brief- saw them rolling down the highway, three in a row, nearly bumper to bumper, for about 30 seconds in 35 mph traffic so this all just my impression. I was, however, driving a late model Ranger so it was actually quite easy to make a size comparison. Seemed about the same length as the current Sport Trac, was slightly wider than current Ranger, had about the same ground clearance as the current US Ranger 4x4 but the cab seemed taller- perhaps an indication of better headroom? I will definately buy one, so long as the final sheetmetal isn't totally ugly. Sure hope Dearborn changes it's mind and the US market gets the deisel that the rest of the world has.
Thankyou for the info, come to think of it, twas a silly question to ask of somebody who was driving as well as observing. I will be pleased if the new Ranger will be some what larger and come in line with the Taco and Frontier as their size makes them just a little more use full as far as loadabillity is concerned. Ya, the 3.0 l Diesel is a real gem. Clean too. Just wish they'll gave us a stronger gas motor to.

Old 09-08-2009, 08:26 PM
Evan99
Senior User
I'm not going judge the truck until I see the finshed product. Ford really needs to do something with the small truck program which is falling behind other companys so I'm just gonna wait and see.

Quick Reply: 2012 Ranger