Join Chapter, Leader: sky Cowboy

To the guys in Kamloops...

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 05:34 PM
DFLEX
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To the guys in Kamloops...

I just moved up to Kamloops to take a course at TRU and don't really know the area too well. Anyway my truck has thrown a check engine light (something to do with the fuel injection) and I wanted to take it to the dealership just wondering if anyone has any experience or opinions with which one is better. Thanks

Old 05-31-2009, 10:36 PM
Saleenguy
Postmaster
Originally Posted by DFLEX
I just moved up to Kamloops to take a course at TRU and don't really know the area too well. Anyway my truck has thrown a check engine light (something to do with the fuel injection) and I wanted to take it to the dealership just wondering if anyone has any experience or opinions with which one is better. Thanks

I prefer the one on the North shore, dearborn seem to have a bunch of morons working there.

Old 05-31-2009, 11:04 PM
mojoman
Senior User
my truck refuses to goto the dealership...I come here and find my fix....just how I roll...)

mojo

Old 06-01-2009, 02:09 PM
J_E_Summit
Postmaster
I bought my truck at Kamloops Ford Lincon and while the sales staff was OK, I will NEVER take my truck back to that shop. They are slow getting parts, they get the wrong parts, they take forever to do the work and they screw you on price. I have owned my truck for over a year, and I am still finding things that their shop screwed up on my truck.

On a lighter note, what are you taking at TRU? I graduated from the Engineering Diploma in 2008.

Old 06-01-2009, 06:04 PM
DFLEX
Freshman User
Thanks for the replies... I also hate taking my truck to the dealership or actually I just hate other people working on it but when it come to the engine/computers on this truck I don't have too much faith in my abilities on the diesel. I'll post a thread in the 6L forum to see if anyone has an easy fix but the trucks running fine now. It was just acting up when with the boost fooler in but I took it out and now it runs perfect just throws the check engine light, which cycles on and off every few days.

J_E_Summit, I am taking third year electrical right now and I will be back in Oct to finish fourth year then I am done. I really like TRU/Kamloops and its pretty much a vacation from normal life/bs in the valley.

Old 06-01-2009, 06:11 PM
J_E_Summit
Postmaster
Its a great campus, too bad you are there durring the summer, the view is better in April and September

I don't know if there is a good dealer to take it to there. I couldn't even get a salesman to talk to me when I was looking at trucks at Dearborn Ford down on the freeway east of town. Maybe their shop is better then their sales dept?

Old 06-01-2009, 10:10 PM
Saleenguy
Postmaster
Originally Posted by J_E_Summit
Its a great campus, too bad you are there durring the summer, the view is better in April and September

I don't know if there is a good dealer to take it to there. I couldn't even get a salesman to talk to me when I was looking at trucks at Dearborn Ford down on the freeway east of town. Maybe their shop is better then their sales dept?
I would not trust dearborn's shop to change the motor oil, forget fix a problem.
My dealings with them, left me wondering why they bother having a shop at all.

Old 06-04-2009, 05:15 PM
DFLEX
Freshman User
well I think I am just gonna let it ride for a while... I know a pretty decent shop back home and the trucks driving perfect. I ended up disconnecting the batteries to access some things so the check engine cleared and hasn't come back on yet so Im not too concerned. I did jump in my truck yesterday though to drop it off to get the windows tinted and my fuel gauge registered empty( i just filled it the day before) so I thought someone siphoned my tank (which would be pretty balsy since its parked right outside my dorm and Im up most hours of the night glancing at it now and then), but it only took 5L of fuel so i guess my sending unit must be having issues now....

As for the view being better in april and sept it may be but today it was pretty good... Im assuming it was graduation today....

Old 06-04-2009, 05:24 PM
J_E_Summit
Postmaster
Yep, Early June is grad day

Old 06-20-2009, 12:51 AM
Hallworth
Elder User
You can always bring it in to see me.. Thanks for thinking of me guys geeze!! lol jk jk. I know i haven't been on a lot ( still waiting for shaw to hook up my internet). Anywho if you want you can swing by the shop and we can toss it on the scanner.

Old 06-20-2009, 12:39 PM
R031Kona
Laughing Gas
FYI Hallworth ( Daryl ) is at Budget Brake & Muffler. "the Shop " is a little vauge .

Old 06-20-2009, 11:34 PM
DFLEX
Freshman User
Thanks for the offer hallworth... I may take you up on it if things don't work out as planned this weekend. I've narrowed it down to most likely a sensor that I am just gonna replace myself. I came back home to the valley where I actually have room to work on my truck.(not too sure how much the dorms will appreciate me working on my truck in the parking lot if i start leaking fluids lol).