Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Canadian National Chapter > British Columbia
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

British Columbia British Columbia
Join Chapter, Leader: Zip

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-31-2009, 05:34 PM
Freshman User

DFLEX is starting off with a positive reputation.
To the guys in Kamloops...

I just moved up to Kamloops to take a course at TRU and don't really know the area too well. Anyway my truck has thrown a check engine light (something to do with the fuel injection) and I wanted to take it to the dealership just wondering if anyone has any experience or opinions with which one is better. Thanks
Much more planned...
Old 05-31-2009, 10:36 PM
Postmaster

Saleenguy has a very good reputation on FTE.Saleenguy has a very good reputation on FTE.Saleenguy has a very good reputation on FTE.Saleenguy has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFLEX View Post
I just moved up to Kamloops to take a course at TRU and don't really know the area too well. Anyway my truck has thrown a check engine light (something to do with the fuel injection) and I wanted to take it to the dealership just wondering if anyone has any experience or opinions with which one is better. Thanks

I prefer the one on the North shore, dearborn seem to have a bunch of morons working there.
I am Marty, Official Slackmaster #13.
Also proud to have a great wife, and 2 sometimes wonderful kids.

BC Chapter Member, also Nebraska, SC, NC, Wyoming, Maryland, NY, Mass, Oregon, NH, WI, Sask/Manitoba Chapters because the people are great....I can always join more, so if you want me just invite me.
Old 05-31-2009, 11:04 PM
Senior User

mojoman is starting off with a positive reputation.
my truck refuses to goto the dealership...I come here and find my fix....just how I roll...)

mojo
Old 06-01-2009, 02:09 PM
Postmaster

J_E_Summit has a very good reputation on FTE.J_E_Summit has a very good reputation on FTE.J_E_Summit has a very good reputation on FTE.
I bought my truck at Kamloops Ford Lincon and while the sales staff was OK, I will NEVER take my truck back to that shop. They are slow getting parts, they get the wrong parts, they take forever to do the work and they screw you on price. I have owned my truck for over a year, and I am still finding things that their shop screwed up on my truck.

On a lighter note, what are you taking at TRU? I graduated from the Engineering Diploma in 2008.

Jason
2008 F250SD XLT Chrome Supercab Long Box 5.4L Torqshift 3.73LS
SCT X3 from 5 Star, IQR Headache Rack, BetterBuilt Box, Custom Deckover
BC Chapter Member
Slackmaster #26
Old 06-01-2009, 06:04 PM
Freshman User

Thanks for the replies... I also hate taking my truck to the dealership or actually I just hate other people working on it but when it come to the engine/computers on this truck I don't have too much faith in my abilities on the diesel. I'll post a thread in the 6L forum to see if anyone has an easy fix but the trucks running fine now. It was just acting up when with the boost fooler in but I took it out and now it runs perfect just throws the check engine light, which cycles on and off every few days.

J_E_Summit, I am taking third year electrical right now and I will be back in Oct to finish fourth year then I am done. I really like TRU/Kamloops and its pretty much a vacation from normal life/bs in the valley.
Much more planned...
Old 06-01-2009, 06:11 PM
Postmaster

J_E_Summit has a very good reputation on FTE.J_E_Summit has a very good reputation on FTE.J_E_Summit has a very good reputation on FTE.
Its a great campus, too bad you are there durring the summer, the view is better in April and September

I don't know if there is a good dealer to take it to there. I couldn't even get a salesman to talk to me when I was looking at trucks at Dearborn Ford down on the freeway east of town. Maybe their shop is better then their sales dept?

Jason
BC Chapter Member
Slackmaster #26
Old 06-01-2009, 10:10 PM
Postmaster

Saleenguy has a very good reputation on FTE.Saleenguy has a very good reputation on FTE.Saleenguy has a very good reputation on FTE.Saleenguy has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_E_Summit View Post
Its a great campus, too bad you are there durring the summer, the view is better in April and September

I don't know if there is a good dealer to take it to there. I couldn't even get a salesman to talk to me when I was looking at trucks at Dearborn Ford down on the freeway east of town. Maybe their shop is better then their sales dept?
I would not trust dearborn's shop to change the motor oil, forget fix a problem.
My dealings with them, left me wondering why they bother having a shop at all.
I am Marty, Official Slackmaster #13.
Also proud to have a great wife, and 2 sometimes wonderful kids.

BC Chapter Member, also Nebraska, SC, NC, Wyoming, Maryland, NY, Mass, Oregon, NH, WI, Sask/Manitoba Chapters because the people are great....I can always join more, so if you want me just invite me.
Old 06-04-2009, 05:15 PM
Freshman User

well I think I am just gonna let it ride for a while... I know a pretty decent shop back home and the trucks driving perfect. I ended up disconnecting the batteries to access some things so the check engine cleared and hasn't come back on yet so Im not too concerned. I did jump in my truck yesterday though to drop it off to get the windows tinted and my fuel gauge registered empty( i just filled it the day before) so I thought someone siphoned my tank (which would be pretty balsy since its parked right outside my dorm and Im up most hours of the night glancing at it now and then), but it only took 5L of fuel so i guess my sending unit must be having issues now....

As for the view being better in april and sept it may be but today it was pretty good... Im assuming it was graduation today....
Much more planned...
Old 06-04-2009, 05:24 PM
Postmaster

Yep, Early June is grad day

Jason
BC Chapter Member
Slackmaster #26
Old 06-20-2009, 12:51 AM
Elder User

Hallworth has a good reputation on FTE.Hallworth has a good reputation on FTE.
You can always bring it in to see me.. Thanks for thinking of me guys geeze!! lol jk jk. I know i haven't been on a lot ( still waiting for shaw to hook up my internet). Anywho if you want you can swing by the shop and we can toss it on the scanner.

Darryl Alberta Chapter Member
RIP Jason, you will be missed
2009 Ford Ranger Sport
4.0L V-6 5spd
Old 06-20-2009, 12:39 PM
Elder User

R031Kona is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
FYI Hallworth ( Daryl ) is at Budget Brake & Muffler. "the Shop " is a little vauge .
Old 06-20-2009, 11:34 PM
Freshman User

Thanks for the offer hallworth... I may take you up on it if things don't work out as planned this weekend. I've narrowed it down to most likely a sensor that I am just gonna replace myself. I came back home to the valley where I actually have room to work on my truck.(not too sure how much the dorms will appreciate me working on my truck in the parking lot if i start leaking fluids lol).
Much more planned...
Old 06-20-2009, 11:34 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Canadian National Chapter > British Columbia