Pennsylvania Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: liftnw8z

PA chat thread for May....all B/S allowed

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 02:04 PM
Redcat Diesel
Posting Guru
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
PA chat thread for May....all B/S allowed

Happy May everybody. I figured it was time I did something around here.

Old 05-02-2009, 02:31 PM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts
I have zero motivation today but I should be trying to accomplish my list of things to do - my day tomorrow is spoken for with practice for a televised community event I'm going to be doing live music for, among other things.

Old 05-02-2009, 03:38 PM
cbradford
Fleet Owner

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Well I cut the grass, went to my local Ford dealer and ordered an 08 diff. cover for the Excursion and gave the Excursion a bath now time to relax drink a few beers eat and watch the race.

Old 05-02-2009, 04:09 PM
Redcat Diesel
Posting Guru
I was up and doing early. Laundry, finished spading the garden, cut the grass, went to the post office, replaced a rear axle bearing in my 96 F150, a quick trip to a tire shop to get one broken down, cut up 4 scrap bias tires so they'll fit in the trash and answered a few e-mails. My daughter is here and want's to go to Mickey D's so we're off and running.

Old 05-02-2009, 04:23 PM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

I finally got some motivation rolling and got the laundry going and cut the grass. I will say I was out and about to the local junkyard early this AM looking for a couple things for the Explorer - ended up going with a buddy of mine who was trying to get a rear for his chebby, so I figured I'd ask about a couple things.

Clay - what's your secret for cutting down tires...my neighbor's got about 8 scrap tires sitting in my back yard (the houses are close here) and I'm sure he could use your advice...lol.

Old 05-02-2009, 04:51 PM
cbradford
Fleet Owner

Originally Posted by liftnw8z
Clay - what's your secret for cutting down tires...my neighbor's got about 8 scrap tires sitting in my back yard (the houses are close here) and I'm sure he could use your advice...lol.
Well I'm not Clay but a SAWZALL has worked for me

Old 05-02-2009, 04:54 PM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

It's all good, Chris...I should loan him mine. I think these tires are about 25 years old and must have been laying there all winter...the smell from the water was just bad.

Old 05-02-2009, 04:58 PM
cbradford
Fleet Owner

It's all good, Chris...I should loan him mine. I think these tires are about 25 years old and must have been laying there all winter...the smell from the water was just bad.
And a breeding ground for mosquitoes

Old 05-02-2009, 06:45 PM
Redcat Diesel
Posting Guru

Bill, if they're steel belted radials I loose them 1 or 2 at a time in various dumpsters. I keep a mental list of dumpsters that meet 2 criteria. They are located in area without security cameras and they lifted by a front loading trash truck. I don't throw them in rolloff boxes because most drivers are taught to throw out any tires they find. Front loader drivers don't bother to look. For bias ply tires I cut the beads in a couple of places with a slicer blade on a grinder then I cut the rest up with a utility knife.

I learned how to cut them up when I was a kid. My dad had a coal furnace in the garage. He would burn just about anything that would fit thru the door and ignite. Chunks of tire, hoses, upholstery, oil cans, floor mats, rugs, just about anything. To dispose of leftover paint we would wait until the furnace was cold for a day or two. We would set open cans inside then build a fire on top.

Old 05-02-2009, 08:02 PM
plowin4u
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good evening PA, just dropping by to say Hi!

Old 05-03-2009, 04:45 AM
F250army45d
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well happy MAY all whats going on around PA? Whelp I to have tires I need to get rid of. The guy I bought my house from left some split rim tires from his old tow truck/Wrecker. got the ring off two but the tires are stuck on ran them over trying to break the bead yeah right. May be cheaper to pay to get rid of them. I may try cutting them apart next I'm home again.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:04 AM
cbradford
Fleet Owner

Well today is not looking as nice as yesterday so I guess I'll have to find some inside work to do around the house and trust me the wife as a nice long list. So off to LOWE'S I go.

Old 05-03-2009, 02:24 PM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Today is indeed a good day to be indoors. Just got home from a practice for a locally televised community event on Thursday - I'll be playing trumpet with 1 other trumpet player, 2 trombones, and a tuba for this. The tuba player was out of town for work, so we have to reconvene on Wednesday evening for a final run-thru. I'm torn between taking a nap and finishing the house cleaning now...we'll see what wins.

Old 05-03-2009, 02:33 PM
cbradford
Fleet Owner

No kidding a nap sounds like a winner, just watching a movie now "Rose Red"

Old 05-03-2009, 10:16 PM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

The nap only sort of won - I ended up doing a little more housework first, but that nap hit the spot. Hopefully won't be up all night now though, lol.

Quick Reply: PA chat thread for May....all B/S allowed