1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Bumpsides Ford Truck

Crew In Utah

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 01:33 AM
fordtrucknut
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Crew In Utah

Here is a Link to a Crew Cab that is available in Utah...If anyone is interested.

ksl.com - Ad Listing

Old 05-30-2009, 08:17 AM
Unimog005
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hrmmmm....I wish I had some cash to blow for that...lol

Old 05-30-2009, 10:29 AM
BradyCouchman
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
i go the cash ($700 is a steal for that truck) just no room for it. and our chapter leader is in Utah right now too, man i need to move!

Old 05-30-2009, 02:11 PM
frankensteined_67
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
only if i were ready for that project it would be in my back yard. just got to get frankenweenie done first. if any one wants to pick it up you can use my yard tell you can get it to yours. im in SLC.

Old 05-30-2009, 03:15 PM
Ford_Six
Hotshot
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Man, that would be the perfect start to a bumpside Excursion-

Old 05-30-2009, 06:40 PM
BradyCouchman
Post Fiend
kinda like this one?

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/7...68-hauler.html

kinda getting there.

Old 06-11-2009, 04:25 PM
MotorDog
Senior User
Crew in Utah....Now in my Yard!

Actually, I paid a little less for it than asking price....and he delivered it 40 miles from the Ogden, UT area to Salt Lake for $600 delivery included. What is fun is there is a "Power Pak" under the hood. Appears it should be operable, also. I have done a little inventory on the truck but have not quite completed a restoration plan. Truck has 47715 miles showing; (no guess as to how many times it has rolled over), it is a 1969 F-350, with a Dana 70 rearend with 3.73 to 1 gears. It is a C-6 behind a 390 with power steering, power disc brakes and an aftermarket MK IV air conditioner. Tires are still split rim 750 x 16 10 ply. Truck last licensed in 2000, nine years ago. Very dirty and some valdalism, (windshield broken and right rear glass broken). Interior in good condition, carpet and seats quite usable as they are except very dirty. Will work after cleaning for a while as restoration proceeds. Very little actual rust but lots of dings and minor dents..... Would post pictures as it is if I get this figured out how to post them. Any help with posting pics would be appreciated.

This will be the "Big Brother" to my 1970 F-250 CS which is a "alternate" source of transportation at this point.....drive the Explorer regularly. It DID NOT go to the Crusher!!!! It's a little Sick but now on the Road to Recovery......!

Old 06-11-2009, 05:13 PM
Caleb H
More Turbo
Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
The ad listing is obviously defunct now that MotorDog bought it... show us some pictures!

Old 06-11-2009, 06:32 PM
MotorDog
Senior User
Crew In Utah.......Pictures.....

Let me try this and see if they will post:

Okay, that works....Got how to post Pictures...... Above is the Front end......... Here's the Dash as it is.....Notice the heavy
coat of dust.......

Plenty of debris from 9 years of whatever.............. Here's a left side view showing the bottom of the bed which is rolled under ..... worst part of the truck.

Here's the right side......tire is flat on right rear..............

The Rock was sitting on the front seat.....quite a hole, huh? Got another windshield on a '72 parts truck so will install that this weekend if the rain stops...........

Here's the "Power Pak" which was a surprise to me when I first looked at it.

That's it for the moment, but will get more as we make progress. I think I had a little luck here as I have been wanting one of these but no one I knew had any knowledge of such a truck except in the late model stuff.....I grabbed it while the "Grabbin' was good!"

Old 06-12-2009, 12:05 AM
SPIDER-1
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sweeeet, the truck has a long awaited bright future ahead, congrats, looking forward to seeing her come to life.

Old 06-12-2009, 10:35 AM
BradyCouchman
Post Fiend
ok i can not start to tell you the deal you got on that truck. the Onan generator that i have, in my yard, i paid about what you did for the truck. but the generator mount and inerfender can NOT be found. you got a great rear end in that dana 70, you also got a "super cool" radiator, i just hope that fan shroud is still in good shape, its $120 for a new one. the only thing that stinks is that grill will cost just about as much as you paid for the truck to replace. I dont know what your plans are for this truck but please for the love of all trucks do not part it out.

but still this HAS to be the deal of the year right here. Like i said if i had the room this truck would have been in my yard the day after i saw the ad.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:44 PM
MotorDog
Senior User
Crew Cab Deal...............

Thanks for the comments about the "Big Bump." Brady, I am an affectionado of the Bumps and I presently have several of them. My 70 CS has been fitted with a F-600 style Cluster, and repowered with a Stroker 460, (514 cid) and some other "refinements." I have an on-going project there that will probably continue for a while yet. New interior, built and beefed C-6, with Dana 60 3.73 to 1, completed, and am presently installing a 70 Factory A/C. I enjoy driving this truck as it can provide a great "wake up" call to the homeboys with their Hondas, (and kick their butts too).

I have had it on my mind for a long time that I would buy one of these if I ever had the chance. The chance came up last week so I bought it. The P.O. left some money on the table but he had his reasons and I appreciate that. I have had lots of old Fords and at one time a real bad Ranchero with an 800 hp 351-C that had no trouble at all with taching 11 grand. I retired a couple of years ago, (semi-retired is more like it), and have much more time to devout to "hobbies."

I have two running trucks, a '77 F-250 with a Utility bed, (460 and C-6), and also a quite nice, (except needs paint very bad), 1970 Ranger XLT with a 360, C-6, besides my Stroker. I also have a 1972 F-250 Ranger XLT which has sacrificed many pieces for friends and myself during the building of the Stroker. Truck Count is FIVE, which is just enough to make that "Mean Ole Red Head" complain a little......Hahahaha! Good for her! Have to keep the women on their toes!

The Crew Cab will NOT be parted......only restored! There is a lot of dings and dents, but surprisingly, NO Rusted through spots and the Rear Doors are actually in Excellent overall condition inside and out. In Fact, if the interior was thoroughly cleaned, it would be very useable as it is. I've seen a lot of daily drivers that are way worse than this guy! I have begun to formulate a plan for it and should be able to start a little soon to make it run. It is supposed to run well but battery is gone and locking gas caps are on the tanks and no keys........ However, taken one at a time, the problems eventually go away and you turn the key and drive it the first time around the block I'm hoping to do that before the snow flies this late fall....we'll see. I actually have the complete grill from the 72 and it is dent free, but it is a 72......I am a ways away from worrying much about the grill, but I'm thinking it should remain a 69 in appearance. Time will dictate its future. I'm thinking it will be a hoot to drive!!

By the way, Brady, that Crew Cab of yours doesn't have to take any back seats to any others, either!!! You might want to buy a Micro Fiche sheet from Green Sales. I understand there is complete dimensions, etc. which could be used to fabricate the left inner fender and mounting for one of these Power Paks. It is a $25 investment, but I think it could be worth it. Been thinking I might buy one of these myself just to be able to say I have one! Hahahahaha!!!

Old 06-12-2009, 02:05 PM
BradyCouchman
Post Fiend
well i am glad that someone got the truck that will enjoy it and use it the right way. i like the all steel grill but i dont like the turn signals (of the 69). my fav grill is the 70, granted i am a little bias on the subject but hey...keep me posted on that generator....

Old 06-12-2009, 02:11 PM
frankensteined_67
Senior User
hey MotorDog when your at our local salvage yard just keep an eye out for a grille. i was looking for bed parts at summers auto and found a 69 steel grille fully assembled with all the lights and Bessels for $60. also on that bed there are some good looking beds at pick-n-pull they only charged like $180. i just seen that drivers side looks pretty bet up and it my just be easier to replace it with a less molested one.

good luck and keep us posted. if you need a extra hand im in slc.

Old 06-12-2009, 07:24 PM
Ford_Six
Hotshot
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by BradyCouchman
kinda like this one?

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/7...68-hauler.html

kinda getting there.
Similar, but I'm thinking an actual 4door, maybe with a Bronco-style top, and of course rear wheel drive.
Probably a 4x4 as well, something a step up in size from the Wagoneer.

That crew isn't bad.
I know a guy in Blackfoot who I think has a 69 grille, and I am going to be in Orem next weekend-

Quick Reply: Crew In Utah