Crossovers Edge, Taurus X, Freestyle, MKX, Flex etc.

Taurus X question

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 08:20 AM
powerman01
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Taurus X question

Mom has a 08 Taurus X. Bought it with 8000 miles. Soon after, on a drizzly day, while taking off from a stop it felt like she hit something or a tire locked. At the same time it made a horrible grating noise and she noticed the traction light came on. She instantly stopped. The light went off, this is her first Ford, she thought it must be something with the dampness and the traction control. When she took off again all went well.

Fast forward to 20,000 miles, a beautiful sunny day, she was the passenger, as the driver was pulling out turning right. Same thing happened, however, he had driven through a pot hole and thought that is what caused the problem.

Last night my uncle was using the Taurus X and while turning left from a drive it happened again. The weather was fine and he said the drive was smooth.

Any one else have this happen to them? Any suggestions what is going on?

Old 05-29-2009, 08:25 PM
juneau76
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had something similar happen once on a hard turn to one side or the other. It sounded like an axle shaft just missing the drive plate. I don't have an official answer, but gears not meshing properly is what I suspect.

Old 05-31-2009, 05:57 PM
powerman01
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea, my mom was just not that thrilled with it over all. She liked the idea of the cross between the SUV and minivan, but once she got it she did not like it. She also did not enjoy dealing with the local ford dealer so she traded it in on a minivan. So I guess she will not have to worry about it anymore.