Modular V10 (6.8l)  

2006 3V V10 in a 2000 F350 only issue solved!!!

Old 06-01-2009, 07:50 AM
krewat
Site Administrator
Received 296 Likes on 156 Posts
Oh, and it wasn't Rockauto, it was Cloyes' website that I looked up the 3-valve 4.6L stuff in.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:56 AM
Johnny Langton
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Krewat
Oh, and it wasn't Rockauto, it was Cloyes' website that I looked up the 3-valve 4.6L stuff in.
That doesn't surprise me.....
It's pretty typical for manufacturer's websites to be all screwed up and have wrong info.
JL

Old 06-01-2009, 02:50 PM
nicebenz68
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
OK Guys, I went out and bought a Autoscanner plus which can view and freeze real time sensor / system data. Driving the truck at 55 MPH with about 1000 pounds in the bed the following readings were shown;

RPM 1642
Calc Load % 67
F degrees 188
STFTRM1: 1.5 %
LTFTRM1: -5.1%
STFTRM2: 3.1 %
LTFTRM2: -7.5 %
MPH: 55
Fuel System 1: Closed
Fuel System 2: N/A

I can get other information but I was driving at the time and my son was trying to learn how to collect the data.

As for space in front of the drivers side camshaft. There is a lot. The cover sticks out from the head quite a bit more than a 2V cover. I bought a cam gear from a 3V 5.4 but it did not work since it was a VCT gear. I am considering making my own gear and trying that route. I would just have to mock up my 00 2V and check cam timing and interupter location and gap.

Andy and Jack

Old 06-01-2009, 03:50 PM
krewat
Site Administrator
Cool, it's in closed-loop. What's also interesting is how close the two banks are in terms of fuel trim. I've never seen both sides of any of my Fords look that close

As for the cam sensor, I think you might be better off figuring out what the difference is in the 3-valve cam position sensor. I suspect that it's not at the same location, cam-timing-wise.

Really REALLY wish we had real specs on this stuff. I'm going to go look through the OBD-II stuff on motorcraft.com...

Old 06-01-2009, 03:56 PM
krewat
Site Administrator
Um, isn't a P0340 a Cam Sensor CIRCUIT failure? If so, that would point towards the sensor, or more likely in your case, the wiring. Did you ever check the polarity like you did with the crank sensor?

Old 06-01-2009, 05:09 PM
nicebenz68
Senior User
The readings are what the Actron AutoScanner Plus CP9180 I bought today at Autozone today told me. Are those good trim numbers? ROTFL??? I just transcribed them from the display. I will go back into it tonight and see what additional information I can find.

Never checked or messed with the crankshaft wiring or the sensor. Just plug and go since they were both the same, for the 10th time. When first extending the CAM wiring harness my only guess is that we switched the polarity since when we reversed it the starting issue went away, again for the 3rd time. Why do you keep trying to throw in twisting of language and Camshaft / Crankshaft confusion since I have been clear about what has transpired. Do you thimk you are funny or something? Go back and read what has been written?

It should be pretty obvious why I have not posted pics or a Ford and another make car parts list. My son is working with a Patent Lawyer and and I am securing CNC machine shop and fabrication shops which can fabricate kits so that everyone whom wants one can get one.

As for the cam sensors, once again for the I don't know how many times, they look the same. Same length, same resistance, same everything. If you want to keep hashing over issues which have been covered fully in the past to dillute the thread to where it is boring or something I ask you respectfully to stop. I can only say this so politely.

Old 06-01-2009, 05:52 PM
krewat
Site Administrator
Originally Posted by nicebenz68
Never checked or messed with the crankshaft wiring or the sensor. Just plug and go since they were both the same, for the 10th time. When first extending the CAM wiring harness my only guess is that we switched the polarity since when we reversed it the starting issue went away, again for the 3rd time. Why do you keep trying to throw in twisting of language and Camshaft / Crankshaft confusion since I have been clear about what has transpired. Do you thimk you are funny or something? Go back and read what has been written?
Gee, I'm so sorry I can't keep all this stuff straight ...

It should be pretty obvious why I have not posted pics or a Ford and another make car parts list. My son is working with a Patent Lawyer and and I am securing CNC machine shop and fabrication shops which can fabricate kits so that everyone whom wants one can get one.
You come here, ask for advice, and then want to MAKE MONEY off of everything you've been through?

I can see it now, get pissed off at me because I keep asking valid questions, trying to HELP YOU through the last remaining cam sensor issue, and then when you get all the information you need, leave and make money off of it.

Yes, it should be perfectly obvious why you haven't posted pictures. YOU ARE A SPONGE.

As for the cam sensors, once again for the I don't know how many times, they look the same. Same length, same resistance, same everything. If you want to keep hashing over issues which have been covered fully in the past to dillute the thread to where it is boring or something I ask you respectfully to stop. I can only say this so politely.
What I'm trying to do is work with you through your LAST ISSUE, the CEL being on, and you're still getting a CAM SENSOR CIRCUIT MALFUNCTION CODE - or is that no longer the case?

Do you want OUR help, or do you just want to get pissed off so you feel like you don't owe anyone of the V10 guys any gratitude?

Old 06-01-2009, 07:04 PM
nicebenz68
Senior User
Dear Mr. Krewat, For one thing you have NOT helped out in this endevour at all. The only thing that you have done is show everyone just how negative you are and how personal you take stuff when you are wrong. Just Negativity. As for the Camshaft sensor issue you have just repeated information in which we have already covered. Example: your posting the camshaft gears pictures.

I am trying to make it so that anyone (definately not you grumpy old man) can do what I have for a fraction of the time, money and effort. Hear you tell it, everyone in history that has created anything to better the world via hard work, collecting information from others to better something and compiling a functional part or kit and selling it is a "SPONGE". I guess we are a worl of sponges.

I owe quite a bit to the folks which have actually provided good and relative information and I gladly thank them for their input, insight and interest. Thank you to all of them. I will continue to seek information from the good knowledgable folks on this foum as well as others.

If you can not say something nice, relevant and helpful then just do not put your two cents in any thread, especially ones I start.

Mr Swann79, If you are reading all of this, don't scold me again. I did not deserve it the first time and still do not. Scold the person who will not leave this alone and has obviously taken this subject way to personal. I am here to learn from the knowledgeable Ford folks on this forum, not listen to trash talking and negative regurgitated information which only bores the folks on here really wanting to learn something. I only wish to learn and possibly at some time give back in some way from my from lessons learned and knowledge gained.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:42 PM
Monster-4
Logistics Pro
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
This thread has gotten off track. nicebenz68 you have done something many of us didn't think was possible. I for one think you should be able make the parts/kit and make money off of it. However when you come up with a price remember the community that helped you.

Also I have to stick up for Krewat. Maybe you didn't like his use of adjectives but I do not think he was trying to be negative. Playing devil advocate? Yes. Trying to belittle what you did? No. It's hard at times in a forum to get across what you mean.

So in the interest of information and the very foundation of a "forum" let's get back on topic and bouncing ideas around.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:28 PM
nicebenz68
Senior User
I could not agree more Monster-4. Lets get this thread back on subject.

I am still in search of an application where the camshaft on a 3V V10 is monitored on the drivers side or the right side of the engine as seen when you are looking into the engine compartment from the front. There must be an application out there with a cam sensor on that side or maybe even on both sides. Ford put a sensor hole there too for a reason.

If it comes right down to it I will fabricate my own camshaft gear and work on sensor gap. Either way it can be accomplished. Just easier for everyone if an application was to be found. Even possibly a 3V 5.4 or a 4.6 gear which was not variable camshaft timing style gear. I already have tried the 5.4 which had the VCT. No way for that to work.

Any and all suggestions would be a great help and much appriciated. I do not forget those which help me.

Thanks for stepping in and advising the thread get back on track. This kit will be a God send for a lot of 2V owners, not just for me.

BTW, I recorded a frames of data tonight from 0 to 77 MPH (floored) and will post the data which was recorded once I figure out how to get the data from the scanner onto my laptop.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:33 PM
krewat
Site Administrator
Dear Mr. Krewat, For one thing you have NOT helped out in this endevour at all. The only thing that you have done is show everyone just how negative you are and how personal you take stuff when you are wrong. Just Negativity. As for the Camshaft sensor issue you have just repeated information in which we have already covered. Example: your posting the camshaft gears pictures.
If you haven't noticed, you're not the only one involved in this endeavor.

I was posting pics to brainstorm, and see if there was any possibility of helping you out by throwing ideas around.

I haven't read your PM yet, but it should be a doozy.

Like Monster-4 said, you can take what I've said anyway you want, and it appears you took it the wrong way.

We've seen this before, people "discussing" their ideas in open forum, then taking what they've done and trying to market it. Usually, it ends with the person getting pissed off at the moderators and other users to drive a wedge between themselves and the rest of the group, so that they may feel good about themselves taking other's input and using it to their own monetary advantage.

If you wish to discuss your project here, please do, but don't mention the availability of any "patented kit" nor prices, nor use FTE in anyway to sell it. See the guidelines, Ford Truck Enthusiasts - Discussion Forum Guidelines - You (and your patent lawyer) might also want to read the legal section linked to in the guidelines. It might be an eye opener.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:40 PM
krewat
Site Administrator
Yes, we ARE all here to learn something. AND spread knowledge.

You refuse to post pics of what you've done, after picking everyone's brain for weeks (or months?). You refuse to detail anything you've done throttle-cable-wise, variable-plenum-wise, or anything else, and plainly state you're seeing a patent lawyer so you can sell it.

THIS IS NOT SHARING INFORMATION.

If you really mean what you say, you would have posted pics, told everyone exactly what you've done, and helped out the rest of the V10 forum that you used to your advantage.

You're still invited to share what you've learned and built.

Last edited by krewat; 06-02-2009 at 07:14 AM. Reason: Removed a bad decision on my part
Old 06-01-2009, 09:56 PM
nicebenz68
Senior User
Back on subject please. I have read the guidelines and legal section you mentioned in full and there is nothing relavent in there.

Once again, get back on subject!

Old 06-01-2009, 10:21 PM
Ryan50hrl
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Its not about the legality of it.....Its about the common decency of sharing with the people who have helped you.....If you had come up with all the ideas on your own that would be one thing.....but there are an awful lot of smart guys on here that have helped you out.....

Old 06-02-2009, 04:11 AM
wiingnut
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Nicebenz,

Great job! I agree about forwardingrep points. You put a lot of thought and time into this.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2006 3V V10 in a 2000 F350 only issue solved!!!