I work for FoMoCo and have access to purchasing cars from the employee resale lot. I just placed a hold on a 1999 Red Gen 2. 11K Miles. Options are the tonneau and a 6 disc changer. What is unique about this vehicle is that it is the vehicle featured in the January 2001 Automobile Magazine feature article entitled: All Jazzed Up. The vehicle was produced in May of 1999 and immediatly shipped to Germany. The truck re-entered the US last week. It comes with a euro front license holder, and some funky rear lights beneath the rear bumper. In addition, there is an additional set of wheels and smoked tires in the bed, which I presume that I will get with the vehicle. The condition is flawless. The price is $21,000. Questions:
1. How good a deal is this? I have seen conflicting NADA Blue Book numbers.
2. This will be my daily driver. How practical is this vehicle?
3. What MPG are most of you getting?
4. How much are tires to replace?
5. What should I look for when assessing this vehicle? I am not allowed to drive it, but it is still covered by the warranty.
6. Is this truck as bad in the snow as it appears to be?
I have util Thursday to Name the dealer to ship it to. Any advice would be helpful. It looks like an extremely cool ride....
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. FordŽ is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.