Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-26-2001, 08:41 PM
New User

unknown1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Lightening (long one)

Oo

After reading through all of your post saying how great and powerful these things are. I did it, went and bought me one.But while driving it I notice that it was handly any get up and go. dont get me wrong,it will go fast but it takes awhile to get to that speed. The only way i can break the tire loose is if i give alot of gas from a dead stop turning, is this normal? anyways sorry for going on! P.s are these soppost to have a 2bbl carb on it, it seams preaty small for the power it is suspost to have.

thank you
Oo
Old 03-27-2001, 03:19 PM
New User

GalaxyEng is starting off with a positive reputation.
Lightening (long one)

Huh? Ls don't have carbs and If you looked at a real L you would know how to spell Lightning
Old 04-03-2001, 09:05 PM
New User

gregrog is starting off with a positive reputation.
Lightening (long one)

You didn't say what year you had bought but I got to take a 2001 lighting for a test drive and if you don't know how to get the wheels to spin you dont deverse to own one. I was doing 80 in a 30 mph zone in no time, the salesman that rode with told me I should calm down a little bit (I think he was scared). I stopped in the street and asked him if he was ready for a burnout he told me go for it. I power braked the truck for about 2 seconds and the charger kicked in. Smoke was all over both lanes of the street. We were about 5 blocks away and you could not see thru the smoke at all. I went back later and there was 40-50 feet of rubber both tires had left on the road.
I could not own one of these trucks if they were giving them away because I would be in jail the first day I got it.
Old 04-05-2001, 11:03 AM
New User

dogfood is starting off with a positive reputation.
Lightening (long one)

Old 04-05-2001, 11:03 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150