1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

WARNING! This thread contains disgusting f1 content!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 11:24 PM
flyin 51
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All I can say is WT#

Old 05-21-2009, 11:48 PM
Kusto
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just goes to proove that there are some people who should just be buyers, not builders.....very sad indeed.......

Old 05-22-2009, 06:45 AM
ratthell52
Senior User
Thumbs down

Dig the custom dash and gauges also!

Old 05-22-2009, 07:42 AM
GreatNorthWoods
Lead Driver
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
It's a rat rod guys. It's supposed to look like that!

Old 05-22-2009, 07:58 AM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,059 Likes on 804 Posts
Just one more comment (like using this one)

Old 05-22-2009, 08:17 AM
tinman52
Welder User

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts
So Bob, I take it that you don't like the truck??? Tell us how you really feel!! LOL LOL!! Or is this a 48-50 vs 51-52 thing? LOL Love your puking smiley btw.......... T/M

Old 05-22-2009, 08:44 AM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Well, he did say it was a RatRod. the part that amazes me is that the chop job is not all that bad. I'm thinking someone with skill started it and then he either died, lost interest or had to get rid of it. I would bet that it sat around deteriorating for a while and somebody else picked it up cheap and obviously had those rat rod tendencies which influenced the work from that point on. I do wonder about the gap between the bed and the cab.

Seeing this thing is not all that amazing in this day and age. I actually find it more amusing the way you guys are going at it over this thing. I suppose it's good for a laugh but beyond that, what's the point? Does it really matter??? If you look long enough and hard enough I would bet you can find an endless string of this sort of stuff. I have noticed that every once in a while someone turns up something like this and posts it. That is immediately followed by expressions of rage and disgust. I find this amusing because the people who build these things mainly do it to get that reaction. It's kind of like the one guy who has a pristine place and his neighbor has a few old junkers on his place which really P-O's the first guy and the guy with the junkers does it to see the other guy get riled up.

But hey, don't let me impede the flow of disgust and criticism. Rave on folks...

One thing that comes to mind is the fact that as bad as these things look, it's obvious that the builder had to have some degree of skill and knowledge to put it together and get it to run. In the past I have noticed that a lot of the criticism here comes from people who can't figure out how to get their parking lights and windshiled wipers to work right or do a 12V. conversion.

Maybe the guy selling it will have the last laugh...

Later Folks...

Old 05-22-2009, 09:41 AM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
Personally, I don't care. I just wouldn't put my name to something like that. What's laughable is the price tag. Even at $300 for the 460, $150 for 9" (same Lincoln), $50 for the shifter, and $100 for the transmission. Plus $200 for the air bags, it still doesn't add up to meet the reserve. That means the buyer is paying for the sheet metal, which short of the rusty tailgate, nothing looks usable to me. Ok, maybe the grille, but for the most part, the buyer is getting a "finished" product and that's about as far as it goes. Last year $1000 might have been ok....keep the motor, trans, rear, title, and scrap prices for the rest would have recouped the investment. Now $1000 is the reserve, nobody will likely bid over that.

The underlining principle to any rat rod, is the builder's imagination to "make something out of nothing" and drive it. So I would think anyone who is interested in rat rods, would want to create their own, and not buy someone elses.

Old 05-22-2009, 09:47 AM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Hey, have you forgot we're the same group of people that will dissect a beautifully restored truck that has a hardware store bolt holding a running board from underneath where no one will see it? I just think we just like getting together and having something to jaw about and when something this obviously bad shows up it really fires us up. At least the thing is mostly together, that's a lot more than can be said about a lot of the members projects, including me!

I look at this board as a bunch of guys who get together in some one's garage. What usually happens? One guy starts ribbing one guy the others join in and then we turn our attention to another subject. We're here to have fun and give each other a good hard time. Enjoy!

Old 05-22-2009, 09:53 AM
mostly52f1
Senior User
my excuse... i'm an a$$. and i dont mind sharing my opinionated opinion

havi: hi ballin them prices are ya? lol. jk.

i still like the gas cap tho. thats gotta be worth somethin.

oh, yeah, good point bob...
some guy told me yesterday that i ruined my truck when i chopped the top lol.
the same guy also thought it was a chevy...

Old 05-22-2009, 10:05 AM
-Jim G
Senior User
Wink

Hey, give the guy a break, he clearly states:

"I DO NOT REHAB OR RECONDITION THESE AUTOS SO YOU MIGHT HAVE TO SPEND A DAY WAXING AND TINKERING TO MAKE IT THE WAY YOU WANT IT."

I am sure that an hour or two with a buffer will make it a show winner

Old 05-22-2009, 10:16 AM
mostly52f1
Senior User
Originally Posted by -Jim G
Hey, give the guy a break, he clearly states:

"I DO NOT REHAB OR RECONDITION THESE AUTOS SO YOU MIGHT HAVE TO SPEND A DAY WAXING AND TINKERING TO MAKE IT THE WAY YOU WANT IT."

just be careful not to burn thru the paint

Old 05-22-2009, 10:19 AM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
OK, the guy can list the truck for sale for whatever price he wants, that's fine and I don't have any right to say otherwise. IMO, I thinks he's nuts to think he can get more than $1000 for it , the reserve wasn't met at the $1000 starting bid, but the question I have is what kind of goof is going to bid $1000+ for it? There is one bid on it so far so there's at least one goof out there. I kind of have a feeling it could be a phantom bid just to try to jump start the bidding.

BTW, I apologize if I just called fellow FTE board member a goof.

Old 05-22-2009, 10:25 AM
AXracer
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
Chop is well done? I guess you didn't look close enough at the rear pillar detail pix. I love the wood 2x2s supporting the rear of the cab, faux roll bar supports?

Old 05-22-2009, 11:29 AM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by -Jim G

Heck with the truck... Where can I get a buffer like that???

Quick Reply: WARNING! This thread contains disgusting f1 content!