Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-19-2009, 06:44 PM
Senior User

ironmine is starting off with a positive reputation.
SuperDuty: 30 mpg by 2016 ??

Optimum Online - News - AP News - Obama's new rules will transform US auto fleet

More aluminum ? new technology ? Fairy Tale ?
Old 05-19-2009, 07:02 PM
Posting Guru

Vijay is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Ride 16 miles and tow next 20 miles = 36 MPG!!!! or more!!!!

Old 05-19-2009, 07:41 PM
Postmaster

ruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud of
Joel Rusche Joel Rusche Joel Rusche
I think the 3/4 and up trucks will probably be exempt from the standard. Currently the window sticker is not required to give factory MPG figures on an SD.

On the other hand, it would be nice to have a diesel/electric that can haul 18K (or more). It would also be nice to have a gas/electric but I think the diesel would be a certainty to develop the torque required for a hefty DC coil. Heck, I think I could survive on a 1/10 scale down of a CSX locomotive powertrain. Would be cool.
2 Kicker 10" subs, Rockford Fosgate amp
Ride-Rite air bags, VIAIR #10007 onboard air, AFE DPF back exhaust, power slot rotors/EBC pads, Nitto Trail Grapplers M/T 295/55 R20! Transfer-Flow 50 gal tank
Old 05-19-2009, 07:55 PM
Postmaster

Fordfanatic4life has a very good reputation on FTE.Fordfanatic4life has a very good reputation on FTE.Fordfanatic4life has a very good reputation on FTE.Fordfanatic4life has a very good reputation on FTE.
no chance...

unless someone develops a miracle cure for bad MPG vs. emisions...

"list of previous owned Fords much to long to list here.."
Old 05-19-2009, 08:05 PM

senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
don't think we will ever see unless there is some serious degrading of the SD capabilites...

Previous Truck 2008 F250 6.4 with lots of upgrades and a suspension upgrade from Torklift International StableLoads
Old 05-19-2009, 08:46 PM
Elder User

A. Michael Foxtrot is starting off with a positive reputation.
The 30 mpg is an average efficiency from all trucks(and probably suv's as well)sold. Not just the Super Duty.

1998 F-150 S/C XLT 4X4 4.6
2005 F-350 C/C Lariat 4X4 6.0
Click me to see what I drive
Old 05-19-2009, 08:55 PM
Postmaster

Monster-4 has much to be proud ofMonster-4 has much to be proud ofMonster-4 has much to be proud ofMonster-4 has much to be proud ofMonster-4 has much to be proud ofMonster-4 has much to be proud ofMonster-4 has much to be proud ofMonster-4 has much to be proud of
I would image that those numbers will be based on CAFE like they are now. Like ruschejj said they will probably still exempt 8500+ GVWR vehicles anyway. If not it would be intresting to see a hybrid SD once you got over the intial shock of the idea.

Red Head Steering gear box installation
Old 05-19-2009, 09:05 PM
Posting Guru

Pinky Demon is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
People should be able to drive whatever suits them. If you want people to buy smaller, more efficient cars, put them on the market, and let the people decide. Just look at MINI these days.

Last edited by Krewat; 05-20-2009 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Removed political rant.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:45 PM
You Keep What You Kill

Furian has a great reputation on FTE.Furian has a great reputation on FTE.Furian has a great reputation on FTE.Furian has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky Demon View Post
People should be able to drive whatever suits them. If you want people to buy smaller, more efficient cars, put them on the market, and let the people decide. Just look at MINI these days.
How dare you! It's so clear why these new CAFE standards are needed... "We the people" are so stupid that we need to be told what is good for us... and the future generations that will need those resources to work to repay all of the current multi-trillion dollar government spending. This is what will make us "one big happy family" when we will ALL have nothing in our bank accounts and are standing in food-lines for our daily rationing.

2005 F-350 XL, 4X4, RCLB, 5.4L 3V, TorqShift®, 4.10 LS, K&N CAI Kit, SCT Livewire w/ Custom Tunes from 5 Star Tuning
Old 05-20-2009, 01:06 AM
Posting Guru

JKBrad is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
There is probably a reason the Ford built an F450 pickup. I expect the government will apply these standards to all light trucks. That means 1 ton and less. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see short bed crew cab and single wheel rear axle F450s in the future. They would technically be rated at 1.25 tons in order to avoid federal regs.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gall...&albumid=28250
Old 05-20-2009, 10:46 AM
Post Fiend

LMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furian View Post
How dare you! It's so clear why these new CAFE standards are needed... "We the people" are so stupid that we need to be told what is good for us... and the future generations that will need those resources to work to repay all of the current multi-trillion dollar government spending. This is what will make us "one big happy family" when we will ALL have nothing in our bank accounts and are standing in food-lines for our daily rationing.
Yep, Andrew there are still way too many folks who feel they have an inalienable right to squander every last drop of precious finite natural resources regardless of the global effect. You can usually observe them throwing the grease stained wrappings of their McDonalds happy meal out of the window driving at 80mph.
SIGN ME UP for a 30mpg SD as soon as they become available. I don't care if it burns pig intestines and costs $5k more.
-Ed
Old 05-20-2009, 11:26 AM
You Keep What You Kill

Furian has a great reputation on FTE.Furian has a great reputation on FTE.Furian has a great reputation on FTE.Furian has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMS Residential View Post
Yep, Andrew there are still way too many folks who feel they have an inalienable right to squander every last drop of precious finite natural resources regardless of the global effect. You can usually observe them throwing the grease stained wrappings of their McDonalds happy meal out of the window driving at 80mph.
SIGN ME UP for a 30mpg SD as soon as they become available. I don't care if it burns pig intestines and costs $5k more.
-Ed
Wow! For a minute there I thought that you were talking about me... but I don't eat at McDonalds. As for higher MPG in all vehicles, there has been technology to make this a reality for the past 20 years. My 5.4L engine could be getting 30 MPG and have another 100 HP/TQ.

My issue is that the government is mandating only one aspect of social responsibility (going green) at the demise of our freedom to choose what we want to drive. The free market will work these issues out if the government will only get out of the way!

2005 F-350 XL, 4X4, RCLB, 5.4L 3V, TorqShift®, 4.10 LS, K&N CAI Kit, SCT Livewire w/ Custom Tunes from 5 Star Tuning
Old 05-20-2009, 11:36 AM
Post Fiend

LMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputation
Exactly. In reviewing my previous posts on TPMS and other federally mandated "protections from ourselves" I lean way left when it comes to buckling up in my SD with the Feds every morning. If the powers that be would just get it thru their thick, lobbyist supported skulls that it takes much more than broad stroked blanket legislation to accomplish often well intended change, we would all be a lot freer and safer.
-Ed

Last edited by LMS Residential; 05-20-2009 at 11:37 AM. Reason: misspellt werd
Old 05-20-2009, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator

Krewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputation
I usually won't go into this in open forum (the Club is a different story), and I already had to edit some comments in this thread, but ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furian View Post
My issue is that the government is mandating only one aspect of social responsibility (going green) at the demise of our freedom to choose what we want to drive. The free market will work these issues out if the government will only get out of the way!
The original CAFE ratings were not for going green, it was for saving fuel.

If the original CAFE ratings were not put in place, auto manufacturers would NEVER have gotten the efficiency up as high as it is now.

This latest step is way overdue.
'97 Cougar XR7 30th Anniv Edition 4.6L
'74 F250 Highboy FE390 deceased!
I've been wrong before, I'll be wrong again. Just wait and see. ®
Old 05-20-2009, 12:55 PM
Post Fiend

cartmanea is a name known to allcartmanea is a name known to allcartmanea is a name known to allcartmanea is a name known to allcartmanea is a name known to allcartmanea is a name known to all
I like this part:

"Car companies are rewiring vehicles so components such as air conditioners and power steering pumps are powered by electricity rather than by the engine, saving fuel."

THE ENGINE MAKES THAT ELECTRICITY YOU MORONS!
Old 05-20-2009, 12:55 PM

Closed Thread

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty

Tags
2016, 30, 30mpg, 67, cars, duty, f250, f350, ford, mpg, sticker, super, truck, trucks, window