Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Audio & Video Systems, Navigation, Satellite Radio & Mobile Electronics
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Audio & Video Systems, Navigation, Satellite Radio & Mobile Electronics SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-16-2009, 04:15 PM
Posting Guru
Garage is empty, add now

Sam_Fear has a good reputation on FTE.Sam_Fear has a good reputation on FTE.
Help? I want 3.5mm 'AUX in' for my 2002 Trac.

What I'm wondering is what OEM units I could junk yard or what aftermarket unit I should look at that will fit correctly, hook up, and have an AUX jack.

I'm tired of searching and learning about this stuff. I'd like a different head so I can plug in my ipod and other player. A 3.5mm aux jack at least. The ipod control would be OK too, but I don't really care.

I've got the OEM Pioneer AM/FM/6cd (1L2F-18C815-MB) with sub and rear controls in my 2002 Explorer Sport Trac. 3-Black/Red pugs and the 4 holes for the puller keys.

Any help appreciated.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:44 AM
Post Fiend
2002 Ford F-250

ReAX is a splendid one to beholdReAX is a splendid one to beholdReAX is a splendid one to beholdReAX is a splendid one to beholdReAX is a splendid one to beholdReAX is a splendid one to behold
I think the factory units with the analog input were all CAN units so they probably will be a pain to retrofit. Any aftermarket with RCA in can be easily adapted to 3.5mm jack. I like the stock units so I would just pick up a PIE adapter.

</td><td> Look, see these two tow hooks? They look like tusks. And what kind of animal has tusks?</td></tr></table>
Old 05-17-2009, 11:32 AM
Posting Guru
Garage is empty, add now

Well, PIE is fine, but I still need a new head unit since my is bad. I'm leaning toward OEM units since everyone around here only has aftermarket DIN units or touchscreen 2DIN. Neither of which I want.

So what vehicles can I get a compatible unit from? Found out it's a 815 series.

Thanks.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:21 PM
Post Fiend
2002 Ford F-250

ReAX is a splendid one to beholdReAX is a splendid one to beholdReAX is a splendid one to beholdReAX is a splendid one to beholdReAX is a splendid one to beholdReAX is a splendid one to behold
The superduties went to CAN in 2005, so pretty much any 1999-2004 Superduty and I would suspect any other ford double din up to the body changes in the 2004-05 area. With the 2003-04 radios with the indash 6 disc changer, there is typically a CD-DJ feature to add another CD changer or hook up an IPOD adapter like PIEs.

</td><td> Look, see these two tow hooks? They look like tusks. And what kind of animal has tusks?</td></tr></table>
Old 05-18-2009, 06:12 AM
Posting Guru
Garage is empty, add now

Thanks ReAX. That gives me a good start.
Old 05-18-2009, 06:12 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Audio & Video Systems, Navigation, Satellite Radio & Mobile Electronics

Tags
18c815, 18c815mb, 1l2f18c815mb, 35mm, adding, aux, f150, ford, hook, hookup, ipod, pioneer, radio, sport, trac