Whats it Going to take.

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 09:34 PM
MidMich67
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whats it Going to take.

Got a 67 F-100 with a 1970 460 in it with a C6. Time to start making it run like there supposed to. I wanna make 400 ponies minimum for right now using stock cylinder heads (with port work of course) the Bottom end is good and tight. What are some of your guys tricks and things I should be looking for. and little secrets of making power ( If you would be so willing to tell me). What Cams should i be looking at, Intakes, How much headwork em I going to need things like that.

Old 05-11-2009, 09:07 AM
C-Leigh Racing
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From what I been reading, cam & heads all you got to do much to & 400 HP probably wouldnt be hard to get at all.

If you realy going to go for it, a good clean set of D3 heads, send & let Scotty mod them for you, big tube matching headers, deck the block to get the pistons flat, fresh up the bearings, add a set of Probe D dish pistons & rings to get the quench right, and then a cam & carb to top it all off.

Lineing up a lawyer after that might be a good thing, because another hot rod pull up side you at a stoplight, you know you got to try him, OR her.
Neil