Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Arkansas Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: tojoski

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-10-2009, 05:18 PM
Diesel Junky
1953 Ford F-100

mechmagcn has a good reputation on FTE.mechmagcn has a good reputation on FTE.mechmagcn has a good reputation on FTE.
Angry Enough already!!!!!!!!

I am sick of rain! We have had around 8" of rain this week and more is forecast for tonight and tomorrow. It is sort of damp in my shop, seeing as to how I work outdoors, in the field.
I went to my camp at Moro Bay yesterday, boy is the water high! The campground where we had the G2G is flooded and there is over 2' of water under my camp. Another 3-4' rise is forecast, it will be close to getting inside this time, might be a good thing that I haven't finished the remodel yet.

1953 F100 PU "Someday"

Lincoln Town Car front clip

5 cyl Mercedes turbo diesel/auto

It Runs! It Even Moves!
Old 05-10-2009, 06:29 PM
Elder User
Garage is empty, add now

drof46 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Moved to Arkansas a little over a year ago. I affectionately call it Mountain Home, Washington since its rained a lot.

Ground up resto. Ground is done, ran out of money for the up.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:37 PM
Posting Guru
Garage is empty, add now

arkredneck is starting off with a positive reputation.
yeah the rain is getting old can't get nothing done outside
Old 05-10-2009, 09:11 PM
FTE Chapter Leader
2001 Ford F-250
My Garage

tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.
I managed to mow most of my mud bog last week, it just happened to have about 24" of grass on top of it.

Between 5/1 and 5/6 we got 10" of rain out here, I'd guess we got another 4 or 5 inches since then.

Needless to say the ground is pretty squishy. one morning I had to turn around and go home and get the truck just to get to work:

Click the image to open in full size.

- My Garage -

Arkansas Chapter Leader - Join Here
Old 05-10-2009, 09:58 PM
Wrench Party Assistant
1999 Ford F-350

1996pwrstrk has a great reputation on FTE.1996pwrstrk has a great reputation on FTE.1996pwrstrk has a great reputation on FTE.1996pwrstrk has a great reputation on FTE.1996pwrstrk has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechmagcn View Post
I am sick of rain! We have had around 8" of rain this week and more is forecast for tonight and tomorrow. It is sort of damp in my shop, seeing as to how I work outdoors, in the field.
I went to my camp at Moro Bay yesterday, boy is the water high! The campground where we had the G2G is flooded and there is over 2' of water under my camp. Another 3-4' rise is forecast, it will be close to getting inside this time, might be a good thing that I haven't finished the remodel yet.
Do ya need us to come down there and start sand bagging..

1999.5 F350 XLT,cc,drw,4X4,a pair of levers,4:10 LS

6637 mod, 4"MBRP cool duals,2 pos chip, ss hpx,ITP pre-pump with holley red pump ,140 V IDM , WW, EBPV deleted,AIH deleted, Autometer gauges

Join the Arkansas Chapter Here
Old 05-11-2009, 02:07 PM
Junior User
Garage is empty, add now

MaryfPoppins is starting off with a positive reputation.
I moved here from CO 8 years ago. People refer to this as God's country and most of the year I would agree, except for the summer. We are getting all this rain now and then it will get HOT. I then call this place " God's Armpit " The only place I know where the sun goes down, the humidity level goes up and you walk around in "the air you wear". I can also relate to water in the shop as my barn has half the roof ,thanks to a straight line wind, and that's our shop.
Old 05-11-2009, 03:34 PM
Diesel Junky
1953 Ford F-100

mechmagcn has a good reputation on FTE.mechmagcn has a good reputation on FTE.mechmagcn has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996pwrstrk View Post
Do ya need us to come down there and start sand bagging..
Uh..... it would take a bunch of bags and then there's the problem of dry ground, or lack of........ We went back down today and there's 4" of water in the shed and it's about 2.5-3' from getting into the house. Crest is forecast for next weekend, might get pretty close

1953 F100 PU "Someday"

Lincoln Town Car front clip

5 cyl Mercedes turbo diesel/auto

It Runs! It Even Moves!
Old 05-11-2009, 06:20 PM
2001 Ford F-250

cookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant future
f250juggernaut
Yep. I given up on calling it my driveway. Now it's just "the creek".
79 Bronco Ranger XLT.. used be the driver, now waiting to become the project.
96 Grand Marquis LS... 25 mpg commuter
Old 05-11-2009, 07:25 PM
Elder User
Garage is empty, add now

jimkidd is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.jimkidd is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
In Aug we'll be sayin' "I wish it would rain." At least then the grass will be dead and I won't have to worry about mowing it. I've thought about spraying gas on it and setting it on fire. It's up to 2' tall in places and i can't mow it! I guess i could trod thru the mud and weed eat it. I think the gas sounds better.

jimbo

WANTED: Someone to go back in time with me. You'll get
paid after we getback. Must bring your own weapons.
Safety not guaranteed. I have only done this once before.
www.jimkidd.com
Old 05-11-2009, 09:19 PM
FTE Chapter Leader
2001 Ford F-250
My Garage

tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimkidd View Post
In Aug we'll be sayin' "I wish it would rain." At least then the grass will be dead and I won't have to worry about mowing it. I've thought about spraying gas on it and setting it on fire. It's up to 2' tall in places and i can't mow it! I guess i could trod thru the mud and weed eat it. I think the gas sounds better.

jimbo
Or do like my neighbor and brother-in-law do, once or twice a year they hook up the ole 5' pto tiller and just till it in..

- My Garage -

Arkansas Chapter Leader - Join Here
Old 05-12-2009, 04:49 AM
Senior User
Garage is empty, add now

RLDSL is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tojoski View Post
Or do like my neighbor and brother-in-law do, once or twice a year they hook up the ole 5' pto tiller and just till it in..
Now there's an idea.
I finally got tired of waiting for it to dry up, the stuff got up to 4ft in places so I was out Sun bushogging in the rain trying to get it back under control
'92 F350 CC Dually, 5speed+3speed Spicer 5831 Brownie, 7.3 Ats Turbo,Hypermax Cowl induction, 4" exhaust, Custom Rodney Red aluminum radiator,MS Tech Fan Clutch, Solid Flywheel w/12 1/4 " Kevlar Clutch, 4.10 ,Western Hauler bed, Air seat,Warn M12000 winch, Bilsteins, Borgeson steering shaft, Aux rear air conditioner.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:53 AM
2001 Ford F-250

cookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant future
f250juggernaut
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimkidd
In Aug we'll be sayin' "I wish it would rain."
Not me. I'll take one or two days a month over this crap anytime.
79 Bronco Ranger XLT.. used be the driver, now waiting to become the project.
96 Grand Marquis LS... 25 mpg commuter
Old 05-12-2009, 04:39 PM
Posting Guru
Garage is empty, add now

arkredneck is starting off with a positive reputation.
i don't know about yalls jobs but i'm a electrician and a lot of our work is outside so sometimes when it rains there is no where to work so far we have been lucky
Old 05-12-2009, 05:49 PM
Wrench Party Assistant
1999 Ford F-350

1996pwrstrk has a great reputation on FTE.1996pwrstrk has a great reputation on FTE.1996pwrstrk has a great reputation on FTE.1996pwrstrk has a great reputation on FTE.1996pwrstrk has a great reputation on FTE.
I play(work) in the rain snow, sleet ,hail, you name it but I see it all through a windshield.Now Scott on the other hand gets out there and gets soaking wet except if it's a electrical storm then he can get under cover.

1999.5 F350 XLT,cc,drw,4X4,a pair of levers,4:10 LS

6637 mod, 4"MBRP cool duals,2 pos chip, ss hpx,ITP pre-pump with holley red pump ,140 V IDM , WW, EBPV deleted,AIH deleted, Autometer gauges

Join the Arkansas Chapter Here
Old 05-13-2009, 10:58 AM
Junior User
Garage is empty, add now

MaryfPoppins is starting off with a positive reputation.
Is there such a thing as an " anti-rain dance"? I really would like it to be dry for my daughter's grad party Sunday. If we have a driveway for family and friends to get to the house. The neighbors redid the dam for their pond and it has a few issues due to all this rain. The drain pipe they put in is now exposed by 5ft and the bank is seriously subsiding!
Old 05-13-2009, 10:58 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Arkansas Chapter