Maryland Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: BPofMD

What have you Done to your truck today

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 12:09 PM
nmd003
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where'd you buy that kit at? Advanced/Pepboys or what? I need to do that for mine.

Old 10-08-2009, 05:30 PM
DRangerMike
Senior User
Ibought the kit at western auto, but you can buy it anywhere car related I think. I will eventually find a picture of the box and put it up. Oh an I must disagree about the little pooper charger (aka supercharger thing lol) It did exactly what I wanted it to do. Made burnouts easier An its a little quicker now. I only have an inline four so anything helps.

Old 10-09-2009, 07:08 PM
nmd003
Senior User
I think it's just misleading that they call it a supercharger. Did you have a normal cold-air intake before? My daily is a 4-banger so that's what I know best.

I picked up a $20 kit from Advanced Auto and did my truck's headlights yesterday actually. They both look better, but driver's side has water inside the plastic, so it doesn't look near as good as the passenger's side. Overall I'm pretty impressed though.

Also got a K&N drop-in filter and put it in there. Hopefully that'll boost the gas mileage a tad and give it some extra go.

Washed the entire engine & engine bay by hand (what I could reach of it anyways) and it looks worlds better. I need to bust out some degreaser and go over some of the stuff again though.

I'm thinking next thing is going to be deleting the stock muffler and running straight pipe from the cats back. Hopefully that'll make it sound real nice and add a little kick in the pants.

Old 10-09-2009, 10:58 PM
DRangerMike
Senior User
Well I got it for free. I call it an pooper charger haha. I had full stock before so its a step up. I got it for free and just used it to practice learning how to wire it up an switches an crap.

Old 10-10-2009, 04:44 AM
dustybumpers
FTE Legend
Originally Posted by DRangerMike
Yesterday me and my friend put in this electric supercharger type thing on my ranger. Goes in front of the air filter forces more air through. Everything went great till the mechanic wanna be wired two wires backwards an touched metal. Watched all of my wires to underglow, and strobe lights smoke away. :/ Ripped every wire from power source and been waiting for ran to stop. Got to pull all wires out make sure he did not burn away and electric tape keep anything from touching metal hopefully I dont have to replace everything. So much for him knowing what he is doing. Told him Imma just learn myself this time and do it myself. Ah oh well just an learning lesson. Thank goodness truck was ok
this stuff don't work. you just spend your money, and get no results. added to the fact you almost fried your truck.if you want improvement, change your exhaust, air intake, etc. just my .02

Old 10-10-2009, 08:13 AM
Arlene
Just passing through...

added new bugs to the front grill on the way to the haunted house last night...

Old 10-10-2009, 10:15 AM
ownedby2labs
Elder User
i intstaled the new caliper today wating on the pasanger side on im just going to replace them so i dont have to worry about them

Old 10-10-2009, 10:57 AM
DRangerMike
Senior User
Like I said I got it for free. I spent no money on it, and my friend almost fried it lol. I took over and did it myself an changed it fine. If its free Ill take it. Low on money cant afford changing everything else. And I did not do it for the power. I knew it would give me very little to none. I wanted to learn how to do that stuff myself.

Old 10-10-2009, 07:38 PM
dustybumpers
FTE Legend
Originally Posted by Arlene
added new bugs to the front grill on the way to the haunted house last night...
Oh man, I thought I was makeing a fashon statement where the concrete truck sprayed the front of my truck. never thought of the bug thing!!!!!

Originally Posted by DRangerMike
Like I said I got it for free. I spent no money on it, and my friend almost fried it lol. I took over and did it myself an changed it fine. If its free Ill take it. Low on money cant afford changing everything else. And I did not do it for the power. I knew it would give me very little to none. I wanted to learn how to do that stuff myself.
go to home depote, get a piece of 4" flexable dryer vent tube. take it from your air cleaner box to the back of the front bumper. instant fresh air, and the truck WILL run better, and get better mileage. all for about $2.

Old 10-10-2009, 07:43 PM
jr32560
Fleet Owner
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dustybumpers
Oh man, I thought I was makeing a fashon statement where the concrete truck sprayed the front of my truck. never thought of the bug thing!!!!!

go to home depote, get a piece of 4" flexable dryer vent tube. take it from your air cleaner box to the back of the front bumper. instant fresh air, and the truck WILL run better, and get better mileage. all for about $2.
that's some old school stuff like us old farts
Charlie
good to see ya on here though you didn't like us any more -guess your like me just busy ~

Old 10-10-2009, 07:50 PM
dustybumpers
FTE Legend
Originally Posted by jr32560
that's some old school stuff like us old farts
Charlie
good to see ya on here though you didn't like us any more -guess your like me just busy ~
like you's guys? hmmmm. gotta think on that one. naaaa been busy. was working days, and nights. plus the trip out of town. driveing the concrete truck for them today, so don't know how much longer I'll be trying to keep my eyes from slamming shut. funny thing about lack of sleep. I don't think you ever catch up......you know me and my beauty sleep

Old 10-10-2009, 08:18 PM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,081 Likes on 983 Posts
I know it hasn't worked!!!

Old 10-10-2009, 08:58 PM
jr32560
Fleet Owner
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BPofMD
I know it hasn't worked!!!

Old 10-10-2009, 11:36 PM
DRangerMike
Senior User
Oh I got rid of the box filter a long time ago. I got an Cold air filter on there. Got rid of all the pipeing they had. I dont consider that much though. Just smart ha.

Old 10-11-2009, 08:26 AM
Arlene
Just passing through...

and more bugs last night to & from Ocean City Cruise weekend! Will somebody please come help clean the truck????? Lots of really nice Ford trucks down there... we need to make plans for some of these events & show some serious FTE support. I'm envisioning a line of us running down Coastal Highway... loud & proud!

Quick Reply: What have you Done to your truck today