S. California Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Welcome figurhead!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 10:48 AM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome figurhead!

Chris lives in Tustin, and owns an '03 PSD.

Glad to have you in the chapter!

Old 05-10-2009, 02:24 AM
figurhead
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad to be here. Thanks for letting me in. I just bought an 03 F350 XLT and had OASIS done, and all looks good. I previously owned an 02 F150 XLT 4x2, but moved up to the big leagues. I am one who doesn't drive much, but have loved the look of the monster F250/350's since I was a kid. So (I think) I am starting to live a dream I have had for a long time. I drive 20 miles /day, so a big diesel is just fine with me. They say it (the big truck) is a compensation for ???, but I love it, the kids love it, and the wife fully approves. Does anything else really matter?

This F350 has a 12" donahoe racing lift, 4" magnaflow exhaust, 38" TrXus Tires, and some nice front end work by Dependable Offroad (upper steering bracket, etc). All work was done when the truck was bought, and appears to be working just fine. I have been on overdrive to learn about this diesel. I built a 53 Jeep M38A1 back in high school/college, with a nice Ford 351 Windsor, 18 Lift (all custom by me), F150 axles, and on and on. I did all the work myself. Now someone has it in Utah and uses it for some pretty nice 4x4ing. It is in good hands.

Anyway, I am here because I am learning from those who have tread the path before me. I'm a newbie and am here to contribute and LEARN.

As for me, I'm an electrical engineer who works with my dad and bro, both EE's. A great family with 3 kids and another on the way. Both in LA (inglewood) and raised in the good old O.C. And here I am, still here in the O.C.

Anyway, nice to be here. I have been researching the EGR delete, and am still learning the whole diesel/turbo system. I would also like to get this F350 checked out by a good diesel tech here in Orange County, and was wondering if anyone knew of one?

Take care and see you all around here. Thanks, Chris

Old 05-10-2009, 04:26 PM
BradyCouchman
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
hey welcome to the site, i am just next door in irvine, if you ever need some help i would be happy to swing by. where in tustin are you at? cross streets?

Old 05-10-2009, 06:31 PM
figurhead
Senior User
Irvine & Newport. Thanks for the offer.

Old 05-10-2009, 11:00 PM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Originally Posted by figurhead
I would also like to get this F350 checked out by a good diesel tech here in Orange County, and was wondering if anyone knew of one?
Thanks for posting up, Chris, and welcome to the group.

That truck sounds like a real beast - like to see it sometime.

As far as diesel mechanics in OC, you can't go wrong with Bud Anderson at OC Diesel Shop: OC Diesel Shop - Home of Bud

He was the man at Tuttle-Click for a long time and just opened his own shop last year.

Old 05-11-2009, 12:51 AM
figurhead
Senior User
Thanks for the welcome, and thanks for the referral. I will get in touch with him. I want a general checkup on the truck, and then some advise. Thanks again.

Old 05-11-2009, 07:10 AM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Here's the link - The filters altered it.

Old 05-12-2009, 12:32 PM
figurhead
Senior User
I emailed them and talked to them yesterday. I just left for a few days, so I will get it checked out by them as soon as I get back. Again, tanks for the reference.