Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-08-2009, 05:51 PM
Not a liberal...

Texas Outlaw has a brilliant futureTexas Outlaw has a brilliant futureTexas Outlaw has a brilliant futureTexas Outlaw has a brilliant futureTexas Outlaw has a brilliant futureTexas Outlaw has a brilliant futureTexas Outlaw has a brilliant futureTexas Outlaw has a brilliant futureTexas Outlaw has a brilliant futureTexas Outlaw has a brilliant futureTexas Outlaw has a brilliant future
HPOP diagram of drawing?

Does anyone have a diagram or drawing of the HPOP? I have a small oil leak and I think that it is coming from the HPOP. It seems like it is coming from underneath it. I cannot really tell but I do know that its not coming from the fittings. I have a very small puddle of oil in the valley, right there at the HPOP. No oil anywhere else. It's not coming from the HPX or any of those lines either.

Any pics of what the underside of this thing looks like?
'02 F-250 SC SB 7.3L 4x4 w/ 4" SuperLift, 315/75 R16 Toyo Open Country M/Ts, Bilstein 5100s - 6 position DI tuner, AFE Stage II w/Dry S Pro, HPX, 203* Billet, CCV, Sonnax, Tru-Cool, Fumoto, ZooDad, Brite-Box, 4" MagnaFlow SST, ITP OBA, A/C comfort mod!, Autometer Z series gauges, Scan Gauge II, Tough Country bumpers
Old 05-08-2009, 05:59 PM
Post Fiend

ron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud of
.................................................. ......
Attached Images
File Type: pdf HighPressurePumpSupplementDiagnostics.pdf (812.1 KB, 2325 views)
Early 99 7.3 F350 auto,TN T-4 mount with a s467 for air,SRP 1.1 for oil,H-11 stud's,"NEW" alliant 315/200 hybrids, all supplied by unlimited diesel..shimmed 910's, DI push rod's, Driven diesel fuel system with a fuel lab 41401 ..tuned by Gearhead..

1988 F250 7,3 IDI with 112k-bone stock plow truck..
Old 05-08-2009, 06:02 PM
Post Fiend

ron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud of
if its the under side..it could be the HPOP to front cover gasket..i dont think there is a plug bottom side..
Early 99 7.3 F350 auto,TN T-4 mount with a s467 for air,SRP 1.1 for oil,H-11 stud's,"NEW" alliant 315/200 hybrids, all supplied by unlimited diesel..shimmed 910's, DI push rod's, Driven diesel fuel system with a fuel lab 41401 ..tuned by Gearhead..

Old 05-08-2009, 06:05 PM
Postmaster

cleatus12r has a brilliant futurecleatus12r has a brilliant futurecleatus12r has a brilliant futurecleatus12r has a brilliant futurecleatus12r has a brilliant futurecleatus12r has a brilliant futurecleatus12r has a brilliant futurecleatus12r has a brilliant futurecleatus12r has a brilliant futurecleatus12r has a brilliant futurecleatus12r has a brilliant future
Are you sure it's not this one?

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/65...your-hpop.html

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 05-08-2009, 06:26 PM
Posting Guru

guzzle92 is a name known to allguzzle92 is a name known to allguzzle92 is a name known to allguzzle92 is a name known to allguzzle92 is a name known to allguzzle92 is a name known to all
Great pic Cody!

If you own a 99-03 7.3 PSD, this is the place to be:
Roadside Help Network
Old 05-09-2009, 01:27 AM
Post Fiend

Kwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputation
http://www.facebook.com/http://facebook.com/Kwikkordead#!/Kwikkordead
Figure it out yet, Scott?
2000 VW Passat 1.8t Tiptronic. ZZOOOOOMMMM!!!
You cannot explain or explain away the power of God.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:33 AM
Senior User

powerstroke8994 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Put some dye in it and that will help. Most likely it is the pump to cover gasket. That pump is only held in there with 2 bolts so they leak easy.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:34 AM
Not a liberal...

Texas Outlaw has a brilliant futureTexas Outlaw has a brilliant futureTexas Outlaw has a brilliant futureTexas Outlaw has a brilliant futureTexas Outlaw has a brilliant futureTexas Outlaw has a brilliant futureTexas Outlaw has a brilliant futureTexas Outlaw has a brilliant futureTexas Outlaw has a brilliant futureTexas Outlaw has a brilliant futureTexas Outlaw has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron's power stroke View Post
.................................................. ......
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron's power stroke View Post
if its the under side..it could be the HPOP to front cover gasket..i dont think there is a plug bottom side..
Thank you, Ron. That helps a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
Thank you, Cody. I copied your picture to a Word document, printed it and took it out to the truck with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwikkordead View Post
Figure it out yet, Scott?
Not yet. Yesterday while I was looking, the motor was so hot that I couldn't touch anything. This morning, with it cold, I went out and looked under the HPOP with a mirror and it is amazingly clean there. All of the HPOP lines and fittings are clean and so is the IPR. I reached up under there and felt around and my fingers came back clean. Maybe the HPOP isn't where my leak is coming from?

The rear of the motor is dry, oil is only puddled in the front, and it's not a whole lot. The way that I found this was I noticed a quarter sized oil spot on the driveway yesterday morning as I was backing out of the driveway. Got to work, looked underneath and sure enough, a little bit of oil dripping from the inspection plate for the trans. At lunch time, I went out and climbed up onto a tire and checked the valley. Small puddle in the front. The rest of the valley was a little wet but not oily. I presume that wetness is from the small puddle being blown to the rear of the motor and out the drain to the ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstroke8994 View Post
Put some dye in it and that will help. Most likely it is the pump to cover gasket. That pump is only held in there with 2 bolts so they leak easy.
Going to go out and check the bolts now. Also going to check all of the intercooler boots. I know that's a long shot but hey, what the hell.

The truck is due for an oil change so thinking I will do that today too.
'02 F-250 SC SB 7.3L 4x4 w/ 4" SuperLift, 315/75 R16 Toyo Open Country M/Ts, Bilstein 5100s - 6 position DI tuner, AFE Stage II w/Dry S Pro, HPX, 203* Billet, CCV, Sonnax, Tru-Cool, Fumoto, ZooDad, Brite-Box, 4" MagnaFlow SST, ITP OBA, A/C comfort mod!, Autometer Z series gauges, Scan Gauge II, Tough Country bumpers
Old 05-09-2009, 08:40 AM
Post Fiend

2 months ago my ICP oring leeked only when i wasnt looking...i would always see oil where you said but not a trace of where it came from..after a few weeks i see it leeking..put in a new oring and all is well thus far..

Old 05-09-2009, 08:50 AM
Not a liberal...

I will check that out next, Ron. Thanks for the tip. I hate leakers and this just won't do...ha ha.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:19 AM
Post Fiend

F350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputation
Dip something down into the puddle in the valley and smell it. Make sure it's oil and not diesel you're looking at. Also check the HPO lines where they attach to the heads.

“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.” Will Rogers<a href=http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic401102_1.gif target=_blank>http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/si...ic401102_1.gif </a>
Old 05-09-2009, 09:59 AM
Not a liberal...

I did a sniff test yesterday and it sure smelled like Rotella. I changed my fuel bowl o-rings out a few months ago. I will check all of that out and see if it's wet.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:26 PM
Posting Guru

beanhead6D5 is a name known to allbeanhead6D5 is a name known to allbeanhead6D5 is a name known to allbeanhead6D5 is a name known to allbeanhead6D5 is a name known to allbeanhead6D5 is a name known to all
Check all the hpop plugs in the heads to see if there leaking.
PAA MEMBER #71
2001 f-250 CC 7.3 Auto 4x4 4" Lift
S&B,Van Turbo 6/6 Billet wheel,4"Turbo2Tail,SRP1.1
OSAW RR Fuel,Intank mods
6.0 IC&TC,Gauges,JW tow master Trans
Old 05-10-2009, 12:34 AM
Senior User

TerminatorEng. has a good reputation on FTE.TerminatorEng. has a good reputation on FTE.
Check the 11/16" plug at the rear of the pump. They are notorious for leaking. It's just a #6 O ring, same as the HPOP lines at the pump. The oil rails are #5's.

Also, check the 1/2" bolt pictured above as non-serviceable. They can also leak.

Good luck!
02 Excursion Limited-Terminator HPOS, DPTuner
97 F350-Wide Open Performance built engine, Big Oil, Twin Turbo(114mm/76mm), DPTuner.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:37 AM
Not a liberal...

Checked all of those and they look clean. I cleaned everything up good yesterday and stuck a clean, white rag under the HPOP. Going to run it today and see if the rag gets fresh oil on it from the underside of the pump.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:37 AM