Pennsylvania Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: liftnw8z

PA chat thread for May....all B/S allowed

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 03:27 PM
cbradford
Fleet Owner

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Good afternoon PA., yes the weather is much better today for now anyway. So since I got the grass cut yesterday I think I'm going to install my new diff. cover on the Excursion.

Old 05-08-2009, 05:32 PM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Received 82 Likes on 69 Posts
What's up Chris? I've got new plugs to put in the Explorer, along with an oil change...but with the clouds rolling in and the fact that my cupboards are bare and I'm in need of a trip to the grocery store, it's not happening tonight. Maybe tomorrow if things hold.

Old 05-08-2009, 05:45 PM
cbradford
Fleet Owner

Bill, sounds like a good job done on the Explorer. I just finished installing a new Super Duty diff. cover on my Excursion, just waiting for the sealer to cure before filling up with fluid. Now time to get something to eat. We had a few little rain drops here so far.

Old 05-09-2009, 03:07 PM
cbradford
Fleet Owner

Good Saturday afternoon PA, so far so good no rain, getting a lot done around here. Worked on my son's Mustang added an underdrive kit and a CA intake, made trip to LOWES for some concrete backer board and tilled the garden.

Old 05-09-2009, 05:17 PM
Redcat Diesel
Posting Guru
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
A good afternoon to you Chris. I got a load of firewood hauled to a friend's house, replaced the rear brakes, wheel cylinders and drums on my 96 then cleaned up the mess. Next I'm gonna wash it and make with the mower. While in process I've had the washer, dryer and dishwasher running then checking e-mail in between.

Old 05-09-2009, 06:39 PM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Good late afternoon/early evening gents. Turned out to be a breezy but somewhat nice day out here in the west...surprisingly. Was expecting more rain but that didn't happen - or at least not yet.

Fresh oil and a filter and 6 fresh spark plugs in the Explorer today. The plugs were brutal though...phew! Just a lot of tight quarters in which to work...glad I have a selection of socket drives and extensions to work with. Still need a fuel filter change and I think I'm happy for now. Eyeing up the placement of a Magnaflo or Flowmaster muffler (the one currently under there's showing it's age) and was scouting out the shock mounting points for my next undertaking - 4 new shocks.

On top of that - got the grass cut and the laundry pretty much done, along with some of the house cleaning. Time to chill though - I hear a trip to the local deli and a beer calling me.

Old 05-09-2009, 07:37 PM
cbradford
Fleet Owner

Yes time to chill and watch the race at the" lady in black"

Old 05-10-2009, 06:40 PM
soondg
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have one of my grand kids for the weekend, my wife, daughters, daughter in law and mother in law are down Atlantic City until Tuesday or Wednesday for their annual Mothers Day celebration. Last year my wife won seventeen hundred and put it all back. This year she promised to call me if she hit anything and I'll drive down and pick it up. I'm taking a wait and see attitude on this one.

Old 05-10-2009, 07:42 PM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Hopefully they're enjoying their trip to AC. As much time as I've spent roaming the eastern part of PA and NJ for work, never been there. My sister went on her honeymoon there though - think they stayed at the Taj Mahal (at least what it was called at the time).

Mother's day here always results in a trip to the cemetary. My mom passed when I was 10, and it's just become a part of "ritual" for me to go and plant flowers or something at her gravestone. It gets easier after all this time (26 years this fall), but it's still not fun.

Old 05-10-2009, 08:47 PM
soondg
Postmaster
My Mother passed last year Bill, we mixed her ashes with her husbands and sprinkled them at a spot in Fairmount Park they frequented during their life. I never visit relatives grave sites unless some one else is being buried there. When I die if I have enough money left I want to be made into those yellow diamonds or plasticize me, hook up animatronics and set me in my favorite chair. I'll prerecord a bunch of conversations and people can continue to hear my opinion when ever they come over. Just like I was still here.

Old 05-11-2009, 07:34 PM
plowin4u
Posting Guru
Howdy Pa, hello all

Old 05-11-2009, 07:40 PM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Cliff - how's it going?

Old 05-11-2009, 07:43 PM
plowin4u
Posting Guru
Good, nice ride! I see you did alot work on it this weekend.

Old 05-11-2009, 07:46 PM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Cliff - thanks...sharp looking SD too. I keep after mine pretty well, got a little body work I need to tend to in the dogleg area pretty directly. I figure it's paid for, so why not stay after it. Next up is to order and get the Bilstien shocks installed, then move onto the exhaust.

Old 05-11-2009, 07:49 PM
plowin4u
Posting Guru
Be careful with the shocks, those front studs always break,you got to soak them good before you remove the lower nuts in the front, common rust on the rockers for those explorers

Quick Reply: PA chat thread for May....all B/S allowed