1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

holes on the 52 dash ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 12:23 AM
Leadfoot0082
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
holes on the 52 dash ?

Another question on the 52. My dash has a hole in the dash to the left of the steering wheel. Is this the where the wiper switch should be ? Next, there are two holes in the center just below the windsheild about 3(?) inches apart. Anyone know what these would have been for ? They seem to be factory holes. There are also 2 more holes that are holding the old wiper motor under the dash, the motor is not wired or attached to the wiper arms but that will be for another days question. There are 2 more holes on the botton of the dash on either side of the collumn mount. Anyone know what these holes would be for? Thanks

Old 04-28-2009, 06:31 AM
-Jim G
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Leadfoot,

The **** that is on top of the dash and showing in this picture as just inside the steering wheel arc is the wiper switch.

Old 04-28-2009, 06:38 AM
-Jim G
Senior User
Also, there are five devices along the bottom of the dash around the steering column. From left to right they are: Starter button, Light switch, Manual throttle, and on the right of the column the Manual Choke and the Ignition Switch

I hope this helps.

Old 04-28-2009, 11:33 AM
Leadfoot0082
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks I appreciate the help. I have a manual ordered for my truck just haven't gotten it yet and maybe I'm a little too impatient. My Girlfriend thinks I have a new girlfriend because I have been spending so much time on the puter , I had to admit that I do. She's a Fat Fendered Red Skinned Ole Girl sitting in the garage. So Thanks for all the help

Old 04-28-2009, 12:09 PM
Julies Cool F1
Post Fiend
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Hi Leadfoot!

Now that I've talked you into the Shop Manual, I'd also get an Oprators Manual - $6 on e-bay. Tons of good info in there too.

PS. The girlfriend competition will be good for you...she won't like it, but you'll see!

Old 04-28-2009, 11:04 PM
Kusto
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Leadfoot0082
I had to admit that I do. She's a Fat Fendered Red Skinned Ole Girl sitting in the garage. So Thanks for all the help
I call mine the mistress........I spend more money on her and get more more enjoyment outta her than the wife.......lol......I always thought that if I had a mistress, she would have been younger than me, rather than being nearly twice my age........Oh well beggars can't be choosers......lol

As for the extra holes in the dash that I may not be using, I might just put in the stock switches/***** or get some chrome push plugs.....if I can find some.

Old 04-29-2009, 01:10 AM
Julies Cool F1
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Kusto
I call mine the mistress........I spend more money on her and get more more enjoyment outta her than the wife.......lol......I always thought that if I had a mistress, she would have been younger than me, rather than being nearly twice my age........Oh well beggars can't be choosers......lol

As for the extra holes in the dash that I may not be using, I might just put in the stock switches/***** or get some chrome push plugs.....if I can find some.
One thought! I didn't reinstall my throttle cable. About the last thing that Edelbrock 750 needs is more encouragement to stay open!

But I used the hole to mount a second headlight switch to control fog lights and the light in my hood orniment. I even put a "T" **** on it instead of the "L" ****. You can find the ***** and switches every where!

You could add all kinds of stuff and hide it! Like a battery disconnect.

Old 04-29-2009, 09:08 PM
homade
Posting Guru
leadfoot, the holes below the windshield, are you talking about the holes at the ends of the defroster slots, if so it is where the defroster metal piece goes to put the defroster hose on. The screws go down from the top but I doubt this is what your talking about.

Old 04-29-2009, 10:18 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 607 Likes on 377 Posts
In between the defroster slots, dead center in the dash, are the holes for the windshield wiper assembly. They are about 3" apart.

Old 04-29-2009, 11:35 PM
Julies Cool F1
Post Fiend
And the one in the big fat middle of the dash to the left of the steerig wheel is for the wiper switch

Old 04-30-2009, 02:20 PM
BlueOvalRage
Cargo Master

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by ALBUQ F-1
In between the defroster slots, dead center in the dash, are the holes for the windshield wiper assembly. They are about 3" apart.
'Tis true, but it should probably be noted that only the electric wiper option had the two screws through the dash. The vacuum wipers attached under the dash with no holes on top.