Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

2000 4.2L V.S Lightning

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2001, 11:33 PM
XeontisTeknobot
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 4.2L V.S Lightning

I have a 2000 XL 4.2 and let me tell ya this baby rocks with what I have done to it. here is a list

K&N (of course)
3 inch duel exhaust&Headers..Magnaflow mufflers
Oversized throttle body
Superchip
Air raid intake
Port & polish Intake manafold only
Stage one Nitrous "WET" kit...100HP Jets
Racing flywheel & clutch
Underdrive pully kit....Extremely hard to find for the 4.2L
Hi flow fuel pump & filter

Unfortunately I have been searching for a supercharger and upgraded fuel rail system but no one seems to make these.

If you have any other ideas on what elce can do to gain more HP let me know.

She sits on a set of 20 inch lightning style rims, with a 3 inch drop on Rouch Sport truck suspension.

Not to long ago I was on the freeway just crusing allong side of a lightning, I look over and get that I'm driving a lightning look from the other guy. so I reached back turning the nitrous bottle on camly fliped the arming switch to the on position, The game was on!! I had to toy with him for a bit to get him to try to take me..as soon as he punched it I droped her down to third gear and floored it chirping the tires as the nitrous kicked on, a second later i was in fourth doing about 95 and increasing speed like a mad man. the lightning was still right allong side of me, he could not take me but I could not take him either it was a tie..boy did I feel good, I'm sure he's thinking there is something wrong with his truck not being able to take a V6 small V6...

Old 10-28-2001, 10:27 PM
Ultramagdan
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2000 4.2L V.S Lightning

I'd like to have seen that!

A V 6 with nitrous???? I have to ask why??? And what sort of longevity do you expect from the motor?

Just curious.

98 F250LD 4X4

Old 10-29-2001, 01:22 AM
knuckles
Senior User
2000 4.2L V.S Lightning

Unfortunately I have been searching for a supercharger and upgraded fuel rail system but no one seems to make these.

You won't find a supercharger kit for your 4.2 because the 4.2 head gaskets can't handle the added cylinder pressure. Keep using that 100HP nitrous system & you'll soon know exactly what I'm talking about.

Old 10-29-2001, 08:54 AM
ryanstruck
Elder User
2000 4.2L V.S Lightning

Keep using that nitrous. In a few weeks, start checking in your rear view mirror and watch the metal bits go flying out behind you!! Sounds like the truck is nice, I had a 4.2, and it was alot of fun. But consider this. Even after how many mods you did and how much you spent, the lightning was right along side you, with a s/c only. Anyone can build a fast truck with the money, and all the addons, but very few can produce what a lightning is, the only real aftermarket mod being the eaton s/c.

Ryan
1986 F-250 HD 4x4
4.10 gears, C6 trany
351W, Edelbrock 351 Performer intake
Edelbrock Performer 600cfm 4bbl carb
Edelbrock Pro-Flo air cleaner
Extreme 4x4 camshaft
Flowmaster 30 series dual exhaust
Custom headers
3" Warn body lift

Old 10-29-2001, 07:43 PM
XeontisTeknobot
New User
2000 4.2L V.S Lightning

I have been using the nitrous for about 6 months now, perhaps twice a month if even that. I was not aware of weak head gaskets, I will have to change this. thanks for the info

Granted the lightning is a bad ##### truck stock, but at the time when I got this truck I was not into the performance, just needed a truck. I am happy with all the mods I have done, and will continue to mod the truck for show quality. getting Ghost blue flames in two weeks, and checking into a custom body kit.

Old 10-29-2001, 09:30 PM
Ultramagdan
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2000 4.2L V.S Lightning

Just a thought but it might be easier to put a turbo on it rather than the blower. I can appreciate your use of the stock V6 but without a doubt you are going to have to tear it apart and rebuild it to a very high standard inorder to handle the power you are producing. That is if you can rebuild it when it goes south.

Now a turbocharged, intercooled, V6 would be something to see. Deep pockets are recommended. But it would be very cool and very fast.

98 F250LD 4X4

Old 10-30-2001, 12:35 AM
ryanstruck
Elder User
2000 4.2L V.S Lightning

Hate to say it, but can you say Grand National? That's it's setup...turbocharged v6, fast as all hell...one good car gm built.

Ryan
1986 F-250 HD 4x4
4.10 gears, C6 trany
351W, Edelbrock 351 Performer intake
Edelbrock Performer 600cfm 4bbl carb
Edelbrock Pro-Flo air cleaner
Extreme 4x4 camshaft
Flowmaster 30 series dual exhaust
Custom headers
3" Warn body lift

Old 10-30-2001, 07:35 PM
XeontisTeknobot
New User
2000 4.2L V.S Lightning

All this talk about rebuilding and head gaskets has forced me to reduce it to a 50HP shot system, I guess after I rework the heads and lower end like I have been planing on doing anyhow I will put the 150 shot on. I will be sure to get it set up to handle that much nitrous.

A turbo would be nice but I hate to think of how much the retrofit would cost, there are no kits on the market as of yet so I would be paying out the nose to have one custom fit.

Old 11-03-2001, 11:17 AM
dshadick
New User
2000 4.2L V.S Lightning