2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Damnit...2 days and I already got a problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 06:21 AM
shorebird
Hotshot
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Congratulations! I had visited the website that you had. Talk about applying pressure. Hummm I wonder if the wayback machine will bring it back? Nope it's gone. I just knew that you would get another project base unit.

Old 07-07-2009, 09:39 AM
racinghoss
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats.

You bought the mustang from the same dealership? Hope you dont have problems with it or your expy again. Now that it is in writing, you wont be able to put the website back up and I am sure they really hate you now.

Old 07-07-2009, 11:20 AM
function12
More Turbo
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
I am glade things worked out for you. Just think it only cost you $9.95 and they caved. Did you get to keep the domain name or did you give it to them as part of your deal?

Old 07-07-2009, 05:35 PM
Raider50
Elder User
Originally Posted by tylus
I'd rather have a 2009 Bullitt than a 2010 GT Premium anyday.

If I supercharge this car...I'll likely go Saleen. The Roush blower on my F-150 was way fun...but it just didn't have the HP potential that the Saleen does

I wished i just had a mustang no matter what year it was lol. I really dig the car from the pictures, you should post some more. Im jealous

Old 07-07-2009, 06:05 PM
YoGeorge
Logistics Pro
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by tylus
I'd rather have a 2009 Bullitt than a 2010 GT Premium anyday.

If I supercharge this car...I'll likely go Saleen. The Roush blower on my F-150 was way fun...but it just didn't have the HP potential that the Saleen does
The Bullitt rocks--I love the understated, lack of trim, approach that Ford took on that particular car. It is perfect in a similar way to my old stripper '68 Roadrunner...which happened to have dogdish hubcaps on steel wheels, no power steering, no power brakes, a 4 speed, and, of course, a hemi.

The Mustang lacks the biggest handicap that your F-150 did--a whole bunch of weight centered very high off the road.

Good luck, although I might have waited to take down your website until I got the Expy back and confirmed that EVERYTHING was PERFECT. And got an explanation for the missing gas/extra miles. That part of the story creeps me out. Test driving is one thing, but you don't need to test drive paintwork...

George

Old 07-07-2009, 06:14 PM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by YoGeorge
Good luck, although I might have waited to take down your website until I got the Expy back and confirmed that EVERYTHING was PERFECT.
it was part of the purchase order for me to remove the website last night.

I still have the web domain...but if they screw me over again...I forsee another website

http://www.HonoluluFordStrikesAgain.com

Which would be even worse for them I think. I am/was very careful not to slander or libel. Just posted stuff I knew 100% to be true...and that I could prove.

I'm going to post up the timeline that my website had. That way everyone who didn't see it can now do so.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:17 PM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

April 21st 2009: I bought a 2008 Ford Expedition EL - Limited
  • Looked great externally.
  • Viewed the Expy around 5:00 P.M. and didn't have good lighting
April 24th 2009: I did a Detailed Wash and discovered the Paint issues
April 25th 2009: Brought the Expy to Honolulu Ford
  • Got 2 videos of the paint issues.
  • Talked to Virgil
  • Informed me to return on Monday the 27th and have the Service Department take a look at it.
April 27th 2009: Brought Expy to Service. Carmella was placed as my Service Writer.
  • She did a quick once over and asked me to come back later when they weren't so busy
  • Asked that I provide a Hand Written description of all of my complaints and bring back on the next visit
April 28th 2009: Brought Expy back again
  • Sat there for 2 hours until I was finally seen by Carmella
  • Carmella took my Hand written notes and using a Yellow Grease Marker, we outlined every single defect.
  • Carmella took pictures of the Exterior Damage, and the Interior Paint Defects.
  • I took pictures with my iPhone...see the pictures page for them.
  • Carmella informed me that Ford Corporate would have to approve the repairs, and she would call me once approval was had
May 1st, 2009: Carmella called and informed me Ford Corporate had approved the repairs.
  • Due to my schedule, I was unable to drop off until May 19th.
  • May 19th, 2009: Dropped of my Expy at 1:00 P.M.
  • Carmella said expect approximately 2 weeks for repair.
  • Repairs were to include: 100% of Industrial Fallout removal, Respray all Factory Paint Defects, Correct Exterior paint damages.
  • I dropped off my Expy with 860 miles, and 3/4 tank of gas.
June 1st, 2009: Called to check status. Was told it would be ready for pickup on Wednesday (6/3/09)
June 3rd, 2009: Called Honolulu Ford to see when my Expy would be ready for pickup.
  • Carmella could not be found
  • Was informed eventually by the Service Receptionist that my vehicle was in the Parking Lot
  • I was transferred to Kevin. Informed him I was coming, and to not do anything with my Expy
  • Arrived at the Dealership 1 hour later. 3:00 P.M. During that interval, they had returned the Expy to the Paint Shop against my wishes.
  • Kevin and I had a little "Pow Wow" session. He was told specifically to not allow any work on my vehicle and to have it delivered to me the next morning 1st thing.
  • Attempted to file BBB complaint. Unable to do so against Honolulu Ford. System only allowed me to do it against Ford Corporate.
  • Was informed that Ford Corporate had never authorized repairs.
  • My Expy had sat on the Paint Shops lot for 2 WEEKS WITHOUT BEING TOUCHED
June 4th, 2009: Got a call at 8:00 A.M.
  • Paint Shop had started work despite being told specifically not to.
  • Was told to expect Delivery on June 10th.
June 5th, 2009: Got a call at 9:45 A.M. from Harry
  • Claimed was unaware my Expy had Exterior Paint damage
  • Says the Work Order shows absolutely nothing about the repairs that were not completed
  • Changed due date to Friday, June 12th for repairs to be completed
  • Informed me that all authorizations from Ford Corp. had finally been authorized
  • Said that Virgil had okayed all repairs not specifically covered by the warranty.
June 8th, 2009: Harry called and said maybe pickup Expy on Wednesday, June 10th.
June 10th, 2009: Told Expy would be ready by 5:00 P.M.
  • Arrived at 4:30 P.M.
  • Sat on the lot until 6:00 P.M.
  • Expy finally arrived
  • Performed inspection and found that only the Door Jambs, the underside of Hood, and crimp seam on the Rear Hatch had been painted.
  • All 4 doors had obvious line of paint build-up from the taping
  • All places that were painted had obvious Overspray visiable from 2-3 ft away
  • 1/2 way completed removal of the Industrial Fallout on the Exterior
  • Rear hatch now has missing trim piece that was present on drop-off May 19th.
  • 1/2 ***'ed post work cleaning. I found numerous tools and a roll of tape inside my vehicle
  • 1/4 tank of gas, and 931 miles on the Odometer
  • Interior of Expy was trashed. Dirty, dusty foot marks everywhere.
  • A/C was set to max, rear A/C was on max, both front seats had been adjusted to the "Low Rider" position.
  • Spoke to Candy. Was told Expy spent 2 weeks at shop awaiting Honolulu Ford to get Authorizations done.
  • Candy informed me that a 100% repair of the Damage would require 1 month in the shop
  • I have no proof of this. But I am fairly certain someone spent 2 weeks riding around in my vehicle. It has roughly 70 miles that are unnacounted for. And 1/2 a tank of gas is missing. The Repair Shop is at maximum, 2 miles away from the Dealership.
  • Candy claims she has records from the 921-931 mile point...so where did the 860-921 mileage go?
June 11th, 2009: Filed Complaint against Honolulu Ford with Ford Corp.
June 15th, 2009: Ford Corp Complaint Center called me and assured me they were working on the issue.
  • Visited Navy Legal to explore my options.
  • Virgil called asking if I would accept a Buy-Back.
June 16th, 2009: Visited Dealership to discuss what the next step would be.
Told Buy-Back was no longer an option.
  • Was assigned to Calvin as my Service Writer
  • Talked to Calvin, and he said he would call me in a few days after doing some research
June 18th, 2009: Ford Complaint Center called again. Nothing changed.
June 19th, 2009: Calvin called and we scheduled a drop off for June 22nd.
June 22nd, 2009: Dropped off Expy at 8:30 A.M. Promise date of Friday, June 26th.
June 24th, 2009: Called to check on status of Expy
  • Was informed by Calvin that the shop was having issues
  • Might not be available on Friday, June 26th.
June 26th, 2009: Calvin called and said Expy would be ready on Monday.
  • Visited Dealership and get an Enterprise Rental...a Jeep Laredo
  • Was assured vehicle would be ready on Monday
June 29th, 2009: Called to check status of Expy
  • Was told "I don't know where your vehicle is" by Kevin
  • 2 Hours later, I got a call saying they had found it another Paint Shop
  • Advised the new delivery date is Wednesday, July 1st.
July 1st, 2009: Calvin called at 9:00 A.M.
  • Paint Shop had delivered Expy to Honolulu Ford
  • Calvin had sent Expy back to Paint Shop due to Driver's Door paint being screwed up.
  • Advised that Expy might be ready by Thursday for pickup
  • Called at 5:00 P.M...advised that Expy may not be available until Monday, July 6th.
  • Took Jeep rental back, got a 2009 F-150 Supercrew. Jeep was too small for my family.
July 2nd, 2009: Created the site HonoluluFordSucks.com
July 6th, 2009: Honolulu Ford called and asked about my website.
  • Offered to meet my terms on a 2009 Mustang Bullitt
  • Made me take-down the website as part of the purchase order
  • Informed me that my Expedition wouldn't be available until Wed, July 8th
  • Informed me that my Expy was getting a Full Detail inside and outside
July 7th, 2009: FoMoCo Costomer Complaint department called me
  • Informed me that my Expy should be ready for pickup on Wed July 8th
  • Informed me that one of the decals was back-ordered.
  • Scheduled a follow-up appt. for Fri, July 9th.

That is it to date. Hopeing to get my Expy tomorrow.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:32 PM
builtfordtough13
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow that is rediculous!! I think the dealer should pay your May, June and July payments for you, since they have had the vehicle longer than you!! Not to mention the whole having to go back and take your old dodge back and trade in your awesome F-150 instead and that screwed up mess.

Old 07-07-2009, 07:02 PM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

FoMoCo Customer Complaint Dept. said they'd discuss what they can do to help me get some Customer Satisfaction...after I get the Expy back and all parties agree it has been repaired.

I'm aiming for a free Premiumcare ESP. That is about the best I can expect I think. Would love to get more, but I doubt anything is possible

Old 07-07-2009, 07:08 PM
bill11012
Modular motor junkie
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Tylus, I hit alt f4 like your thing says and it closed the page on me!

Old 07-07-2009, 07:38 PM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

that there is funny.

sorry for the um...trickery. I get 1-2 people a day sometimes. If you are running IE 7.0...try hitting Ctrl + W

Old 07-07-2009, 07:43 PM
bill11012
Modular motor junkie
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You are a dick!
You did it to me twice!

Old 07-07-2009, 08:12 PM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts
It's a good thing I know my programs the way I do - didn't fall for either trick...lol.

Glad to hear things are somewhat looking up for you tylus. That Bullitt is a nice car.

Old 07-08-2009, 04:24 PM
gddyup
Senior User
Glad to hear that you're at least getting something out of this freak-show of a dealer. I have my fingers crossed for ya that your rig comes back in the shape you want!

But at the same time, I have to hate you for the Bullit!! I sold my 90 coupe about 5 years back and have never forgiven myself for it!! I miss Friday night drags and my 11.80s all motor....

Old 07-08-2009, 09:23 PM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

well I'm still waiting to pick it up.

Service Department closes at 5:30

It is now 4:22...and no Expy yet

Quick Reply: Damnit...2 days and I already got a problem