1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

North Carolina Introduces Bill to Implement

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 11:10 AM
rockher_man
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry North Carolina Introduces Bill to Implement

Here we go again...

SEMA SAN - SEMA ACTION NETWORK

Old 04-24-2009, 09:32 PM
mytbtruck
Laughing Gas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rockher_man
Here we go again...

SEMA SAN - SEMA ACTION NETWORK
I think it might be ok if it gets rid of all the junkers that are not collectable. Most people who have collectables some one wants could probably get more than that for them. I hate to see government taking away something that can never be replaced.

Old 04-26-2009, 07:18 PM
19fifty4
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I don't think we want the state (or feds for that matter) to gain any more of a foothold in our hobby than they already have. This has implications far beyond NC as states tend to monitor activity from other states especially those that generate revenue and fees.

Old 04-27-2009, 08:38 PM
wmjoe1953
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
This is probably the 10th or so version of this thing I have personally seen in the last 10 years. They all say the same thing, and they are all pretty much misinterpreted. Every version, so far, specifically exludes vehicles of a special, or antique, or historical interest. They have all, so far, exluded restored vehicles, and vehicles being restored, or used as a source for parts for restoration. I haven't read the verbage of this bill yet, but I am sure, like all the others, it is not intended to include vehicles of a classic or antique status. Beyond that, even the passage of such a bill is technically illegal, and can be fought in court. Most of these bills are implicating vehicles such as Chevy Celebrities, and Dodge Omnis, and things like that. Cars that have little no significant value as a collectable, or retail market vehicle. (sometimes it pays to have the phone numbers to your state representatives saved in your cell phones, and keep in contact with them on a fairly regular basis).

Old 04-27-2009, 08:53 PM
wmjoe1953
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
So I just read the text of this H.B. 1207. It is the implementation of a "VOLUNTARY" program, used to "ENCOURAGE" trading in older daily drivers on something newer and cleaner. You have to be an "ELIGABLE" applicant......income of at least 300% below government poverty level. Another bill that'll never make it to law, and is gonna get blown out of proportion.