6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

Tire valve stems

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 08:26 PM
screamineagle
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tire valve stems

I have a 2008 F250 Lariet with the 18" aluminum wheels, I have been trying to locate steel, chrome, stainless etc. valve stems for the truck, no one seems to know or have the right size to fit the recessed hole in the rims ( either the top washer or the nut can't be tightened due to the sizes I have seen.. I have been to several tire places have called Ford dealers and no help.

Does anyone know the right make or model? Also does anyone know if the hole for the stem is .543 or .625?

any help would be appreciated, I'm switching stems to accommodate a TPMS screw on system.

THanks
<!-- / message -->

Old 04-23-2009, 10:49 AM
captain_trucks
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by screamineagle
I have a 2008 F250 Lariet with the 18" aluminum wheels, I have been trying to locate steel, chrome, stainless etc. valve stems for the truck, no one seems to know or have the right size to fit the recessed hole in the rims ( either the top washer or the nut can't be tightened due to the sizes I have seen.. I have been to several tire places have called Ford dealers and no help.

Does anyone know the right make or model? Also does anyone know if the hole for the stem is .543 or .625?

any help would be appreciated, I'm switching stems to accommodate a TPMS screw on system.

THanks
<!-- / message -->
You should switch to the superduty forum. You would have better luck there, as this is the engine forum.