1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

lid latches

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 02:58 PM
Okiedokie
Fleet Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
lid latches

I recently purchased and installed a ******* lid. I know some on here have built their own and have done great jobs. I wanted the extra height of the ******* and I did not want to try to fab my own. Anyway, I am satisfied with the lid except for the locks/latches. They have changed to two locks, one at each rear corner instead of the center handle that latched into the side pockets. You have to lock each one each time you close it. I saw a lid on a newer truck today that has just what I need. The brand is "Undercover" and it has two locks that have a cover that allows you to turn the latches with out the key, then flips open to allow locking with a key. I have sent an email asking to buy two latches, but since it is one of their advertised points, I doubt I get an answer. Does anyone have an idea where one might search for such a latch. I am guessing it is available for other products also. Joe

Old 04-22-2009, 03:39 PM
jaye
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you have any pictures; I have a undercover on my F150 I like it i haven't seen the one for the F-100 I'll check their website. I did fab my own it came out O.K. I think I may need to lower one side which may make the cover to big...I'll see next month when I get around to doing it.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:48 PM
Okiedokie
Fleet Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
jaye, I am just looking for a supplier for the lock/latch. Thanks, Joe