Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Oregon Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Oregon Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Fabmandelux

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-22-2009, 02:39 AM
Freshman User

Ford Major is starting off with a positive reputation.
Howdy, new guy here

Hey, just recently joined and thought I ought to introduce myself.
I live near Salem and do not currently own a Ford (or any car for that matter) but the vehicle I do drive is an E350 6.8L V10, lots of power, lots of fun!
Currently in the market for an '86-'89 Ranger 4X4 with the 2.9 V6 or an F150 of about any year with a straight six.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:41 PM
Old, tired and grouchy

Old93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputation
Howdy back, Ford Major!.........And welcome to the chapter!
If you find a Ranger of that vintage you like, run it by me, I know more about those d**n things than I care to admit!......I can tell you what to look for.
84 Ranger 4x4 2.8 V-6 5spd......500,140 miles!
Dave
Oregon Assistant Chapter leader: To join the Oregon Chapter, click HERE
Old 04-22-2009, 04:33 PM
Freshman User

Ford Major is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ok will do, thanks much!
Im wanting to pull the body, engine, tranny etc out of the Ranger and drop it onto a Bronco 2 frame with the drivetrain intact, the bed will need to be cut (big deal) but other than that it should be pretty straightforward. Im planning on buying the Bronco frame and whatnot from Chucky Babe, but still gotta turn up a Ranger. Gonna give it a military look with a desert paint scheme so that Chucky Babe's rig and my rig match when were wheelin.
Old 04-22-2009, 05:47 PM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Major View Post
Ok will do, thanks much!
Im wanting to pull the body, engine, tranny etc out of the Ranger and drop it onto a Bronco 2 frame with the drivetrain intact, the bed will need to be cut (big deal) but other than that it should be pretty straightforward. Im planning on buying the Bronco frame and whatnot from Chucky Babe, but still gotta turn up a Ranger. Gonna give it a military look with a desert paint scheme so that Chucky Babe's rig and my rig match when were wheelin.
Welcome to the chapter! Today just might be your lucky day! I just decided to sell my wife's 87 extended cab Ranger this morning before I read your post. It's a 87 Ranger XLT Extended Cab 4X4, V-6, 5 speed. Runs great, just to small for us. I just bought a 96 F-150 4X4 Short Bed, and have no need for the Ranger. Asking $2,500. If your interested PM me and I'll send ya some pictures.

RIP Steve Price. A true friend and a tireless supporter of FTE
Old 04-26-2009, 12:28 PM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
OK, Ford Major says he can't use my extended cab Ranger for his swap so it's still up for sale................

Here it is! $2,500

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 04-26-2009, 01:02 PM
Old, tired and grouchy

Old93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputation
Love it, Don!........You take payments?
Dave
Old 04-26-2009, 01:07 PM

Yes! One payment of $2,500!!!

Old 04-26-2009, 01:35 PM
Old, tired and grouchy

I knew you were gonna ruin my fantasy!
Dave
Old 04-26-2009, 01:44 PM

I want the cash so I can buy the wife the 58 Fairlane I found...............Then she can't bi^&h about the 66 Fairlane I bought!

Old 04-26-2009, 01:58 PM

How about a Ranger for 300 bucks! 1986 Ford Ranger

Old 04-26-2009, 02:04 PM
Old, tired and grouchy

Wouldnt mind the brush guard on your truck or that 300.00 special, they are getting hard to find for older Rangers...............Your Ranger looks to be in EXCELLENT shape, mines a little rough around the edges cosmetically but has a excellent motor and running gear.
Dave
Old 04-26-2009, 02:10 PM

It's the wifes Ranger...........But it is in great shape, has one small dent next to the drivers side fender lite. Runs great, good little pickup, just toooo small for our needs. I bought a 96 F150 4X4 to replace it.

Old 04-26-2009, 02:17 PM

Just found another sweet deal. Check this out: 66 Ford Galaxy!!

This is what I'm dealing on for the wife: http://eastoregon.craigslist.org/cto/1129295074.html

Old 04-27-2009, 04:53 PM
Post Fiend

bertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to behold
[quote=fabmandelux;7430773]Just found another sweet deal. Check this out: 66 Ford Galaxy!!
I think that was sitting out where I could see it for a couple of weeks, if it is the same car, it did look good.
Did you get the 66 Fairlane over here?
1980 Bronco with 460 Gone but not to far!!
1976 F250 4X4 Custom with 429
Oregon Chapter Member: To join the Oregon Chapter, click HERE
Old 04-27-2009, 04:53 PM