Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > Projects
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Projects Share with other members the details about your project truck or SUV. Old or new, gas or diesel, its all welcome here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-20-2009, 05:41 PM
New User

sokolofskid is starting off with a positive reputation.
My ford explored

Hey everyone, I got myself a used 1997 ford explorer...with close to 90000 miles on it. Basically i removed the entire (!!!) dahboard to make my own....so right now it has 2 steel pipes in it welded to the inside to just hold up the steering wheel. But...I ran into some problems...i'm thinking that when I asked my friend to weld the second pipe in for me cause I had to go to the dentist he might have burnt some wires. Now my windows won't go down and my speedometer gaugh won't work. I was wondering what wires might be causeing this to happen. Just to let you know this is my first project car and help would be appreciated. So does anyone know what happened and what should I do to fix my "problem" thanks.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:56 PM
Senior User

GR$$N$ is starting off with a positive reputation.
burn it down.jk.i personally would check the part where you welded and make sure no wires are grounding out.usually thats all it does,it usually doesnt split the wire so if its grounding out just put some electrical tape around the exposed wire and it should work.but check around the wires and such where you welded and make sure none of them are burnt or anything like that.thats where i would start and go from there...good luck...
Old 04-20-2009, 07:56 PM