Delaware Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: pbsdaddy

July B/S thread have fun guys

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 11:14 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts
July B/S thread have fun guys

ready... set.... post your hearts out delaware...

Old 07-01-2009, 06:12 AM
glruff
Super Moderator
Received 156 Likes on 92 Posts
Morning truck fans

Old 07-01-2009, 07:14 AM
tiny1
Moderator & CL
Received 305 Likes on 280 Posts
Morning George, Shawn and everyone else that drops by today

Old 07-01-2009, 07:17 AM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Originally Posted by glruff
Morning truck fans
mornin george...

Originally Posted by tiny1
Morning George, Shawn and everyone else that drops by today
hey neil..

Old 07-01-2009, 07:19 AM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Received 150 Likes on 122 Posts
Good morning DE...coffee is on in NJ....hey Neil, George, and Shawn...

Old 07-01-2009, 07:20 AM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
sup my homie steve....

Old 07-01-2009, 07:25 AM
glruff
Super Moderator
Received 156 Likes on 92 Posts
Howdy Neil, Shawn, Steve, may be a wet one on DelMarVa today

Old 07-01-2009, 07:28 AM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
lucky... send dome to me... i want rain....

Old 07-01-2009, 07:45 AM
BIGKEN
Received 7,065 Likes on 4,165 Posts
Good morning Dela-where...Welcome to July!!! Don't forget your galoshes!!!

Old 07-01-2009, 08:06 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 221 Likes on 180 Posts
Good Morning and Happy July Delaware!!

Old 07-01-2009, 08:22 AM
tiny1
Moderator & CL
Received 305 Likes on 280 Posts
Shawn, I will make sure that the next round of storms that we get gets diverted to you in Virginny. I can not remember a stretch like this of pop up thunder storm one right after another and for so many days. We have been like this for about a week now but things are looking better starting Saturday.

Old 07-01-2009, 08:33 AM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Originally Posted by tiny1
Shawn, I will make sure that the next round of storms that we get gets diverted to you in Virginny. I can not remember a stretch like this of pop up thunder storm one right after another and for so many days. We have been like this for about a week now but things are looking better starting Saturday.

thanks

lucky... i like t-storms... like em so much ive washed a car in the middle of one... well amost... stopped halfway done cuz a couple of the strikes were coming too close for comfort anymore... like hitting the trees on the NEXT street in my own neighborhood kinda close lol...

Old 07-01-2009, 09:00 AM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Received 150 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by Sparky83
thanks

lucky... i like t-storms... like em so much Ive washed a car in the middle of one... well amost... stopped halfway done cuz a couple of the strikes were coming too close for comfort anymore... like hitting the trees on the NEXT street in my own neighborhood kinda close lol...

You do know that lighting can travel up to 20 miles and there are little fingers that find the nearest ground...hhmmmm washing car...and can KILL YOU.....

I had a friend when I was about 15 that went on top of a really big mount of dirt during a lighting storm, I was there too....got hit and burned the zipper off his crotch, now mind you I haven't seen or heard from this guy in over 35 years and I'll bet he can still show you the scar.....

I also had a tree strike 50 feet in front of me, I though I was going to **** my pants, it was like a nuclear bomb went off in front of me. The tree was boiling and exploded like something in the microwave.

Another lighting story on the water, in Toms River NJ, I went to a naval academy that is no longer there, had a lighting strike off the dock we were on and the water went crystal clear and killed all the fish in it for a radius of about 100 feet, you could watch the murky water blend back into the clear water with the current.

I love lighting storms too, from the inside of my house...I get a little crazy when we have a threat of a storm, no doing dishes, showers, telephone, tv....I have surge protectors on every wire leading into my house as well as backup batteries for my electrical closet and computers.

So, needless to say I have a very close relationship with lighting, i just figure your only so lucky for so long before the proverbial saying "Lighting doesn't strike the same place twice." it just likes to follow me around closely.

Sorry for the long rant but lighting does that to me.....

Old 07-01-2009, 09:08 AM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
yup sure did know that.. even heard it cant also travel 50 - 100 miles as well too..

when i did that i was actually 10 yrs younger... looked at it as "hey free rinse cycle.." being that i like to watch lightning too it was an added bonus for me... believe me i have plenty of respect for lightning... im just one of them people thats in one of those bill envall heres your sign type of jokes...

Old 07-01-2009, 09:10 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 221 Likes on 180 Posts
Originally Posted by sddesigns
You do know that lighting can travel up to 20 miles and there are little fingers that find the nearest ground...hhmmmm washing car...and can KILL YOU.....

I had a friend when I was about 15 that went on top of a really big mount of dirt during a lighting storm, I was there too....got hit and burned the zipper off his crotch, now mind you I haven't seen or heard from this guy in over 35 years and I'll bet he can still show you the scar.....

I also had a tree strike 50 feet in front of me, I though I was going to **** my pants, it was like a nuclear bomb went off in front of me. The tree was boiling and exploded like something in the microwave.

Another lighting story on the water, in Toms River NJ, I went to a naval academy that is no longer there, had a lighting strike off the dock we were on and the water went crystal clear and killed all the fish in it for a radius of about 100 feet, you could watch the murky water blend back into the clear water with the current.

I love lighting storms too, from the inside of my house...I get a little crazy when we have a threat of a storm, no doing dishes, showers, telephone, tv....I have surge protectors on every wire leading into my house as well as backup batteries for my electrical closet and computers.

So, needless to say I have a very close relationship with lighting, i just figure your only so lucky for so long before the proverbial saying "Lighting doesn't strike the same place twice." it just likes to follow me around closely.

Sorry for the long rant but lighting does that to me.....
Wow. Steve, I'm never going golfing with you if there is even a hint of inclement weather!!LOL!

Quick Reply: July B/S thread have fun guys