Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-18-2009, 01:41 PM
Senior User

pjnadon is starting off with a positive reputation.
Disable Door Chimes

I am wondering if i can disable the keys in the ignition door chime without screwing any thing else up. It gets real anoying when you want to listen to the radio with the door open.
Old 04-18-2009, 02:57 PM
Junior User

boone1965 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Take the steering column cover apart, remove 4 screws from underside so bottom of cover puuls apart. You will notice a small hole on teh underside of the ignition key cylinder. With you key in and a small drift punch in teh hole, push up on the punch as you turm the cylider slowly while pulling out on teh cylinder. The cylinder will come out with th ekey in it. Find a small black wire and disconnect it and cap it off. It sends a signal when grounded so make sure to insulate it good. Tuck it under teh column and reinstall in reverse order. The key will chime when first inserted and then stop. Open your doors and listen away. There is an actual posting on this forum and that is how I disconnected mine.
Old 04-18-2009, 03:46 PM
Non-smoker

7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future
A simpler way to do it is pull a fuse. I believe it is #14.

It controls the chime and dome light. Just pull that fuse out and presto. No more chime.
-Pete, PAA member #84
Old 04-18-2009, 06:17 PM
Senior User

surveyguy is starting off with a positive reputation.
depending on the choice you made, you may also want to unplug the seatbelt ding too, under the seat.
94 kawi vulcan 750, VW, mopar, jet ski's, (no wife)...
Old 04-18-2009, 06:17 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
2003, 2006, 2007, car, chime, chimes, disable, door, escape, f150, f250, ford, powerstroke, ranger, truck, turn