New Hampshire Chapter Join Chapter Leader: 7283-F250

Mud season/ 60 degree temp celebration meet???

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 11:20 PM
downhillpat
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mud season/ 60 degree temp celebration meet???

Anyone want to meet up some weekend for mexican food and beer @ LaCarreta in manch vegas???

Or we could invade a certain member from chester's backyard...I've a rifle to play with too...plus 50 ish rounds to pop off...I've never been to his place, but seeing as Chester is the sticks...he damn well must have mud, and room to fire rifles....and a couple coolers to stash some guinness, corona, and sams.... maybe... ya... no?

come on mud, guns, beer, mexican food...

Since MA now has their own chapter this place seems kinda dead...so I thought at the behest of fearless leader and of my own free will I would take the initiative to suggest a meet... AND i've no excuses this time as both my trucks run, drive, stop and are inspected and registered which means I WILL be there. As long as it ain't my house as I have no room...(it sucks)

Just suggestions....I am also open to suggestions...

Old 04-15-2009, 06:21 PM
JumpinJoe
Mountain Pass

This is kinda what I thought the NH Chapter would be about (meeting and such).

The bs thing is cool-I guess if you know the players and have been around for a while; but, really it is not inviting to newbees.

Maybe like meet for icecream and tailgate at X icecream stand from 3:00-4:30 or something... that way those with little ones... can hang....

Old 04-15-2009, 06:30 PM
donjamer
Received 63 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by JumpinJoe

The bs thing is cool-I guess if you know the players and have been around for a while; but, really it is not inviting to newbees.

Maybe like meet for icecream and tailgate at X icecream stand from 3:00-4:30 or something... that way those with little ones... can hang....

Both have good suggestions...

Joe the BS thread is a good way to get to know the players, as you put it. It can be intimidating, but just jump right in and get to know everyone..

Most of us travel over to other chapters also, even though we have never met any of them in person..

Like Pat said the NH chapter has lost some steam.. It is glad that Pat has finally come out of the woodwork and started posting again..

One thing to remember is there are no restrictions that say you have to stay only in your state chapter or just in the forum based on your vehicle..

So you can even stop by MA once in a while..

Old 04-15-2009, 09:06 PM
7283-F250
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, to start off the next 3 weekends are out for me.
Yard work
First Auto-Cross (yes all weekend).
Out of state wedding. I know it's a lousy excuse but I said I would go.

Maybe we can (ok just me) go interupt DHPat at work. Get him yelled at by his boss and than call it a good mini meet.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:19 PM
7283-F250
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by JumpinJoe

Yes.

The NH chapter is for that. It has slacked off over the winter but i have noticed most of the boards I am on have slacked off in NH.

Ice Cream is good. DQ in Manch had a decent size lot.
There is Memories in Kingston (great home made ice cream). It gets busy at times but should have enough room for a small meet/tailgate thing.

BBQ at KC's Rib Shack or Famous daves, both decent and in Manchester.

Chester is cool with me.

I know a few trails in my area but not sure if they are still open. It's been years (over 10) sence I have been on them. One of them has been paved. I was in a rush and taking a short cut. Told passanger to hang on and wha-la no dirt road. So 50 on paved road instead of 40 on dirt road.

I am planning on having somthing at my place again this year. It should be wormer and more hanging out and less fixing my stuff. Unless some want to come over and work for burgers and beverages. I got plenty to do

Old 04-15-2009, 09:32 PM
donjamer
Originally Posted by 7283-F250
I am planning on having somthing at my place again this year. It should be wormer and more hanging out and less fixing my stuff. Unless some want to come over and work for burgers and beverages. I got plenty to do

Sounds good Dan...

Just tell us when and what to bring and I'm there..

Old 04-15-2009, 11:33 PM
downhillpat
Elder User
Ha ha... yeah today would've been a bad day to get me in trouble... lets just leave it at that...Why u gotta be hatin? I've been yelled @ enough today... oh and by the way it's "interrupt"

Anyways, Weddings aren't lousy excuses, come on...Free food...beverages... I'd do it...

but the Ice cream idea don't sound half bad, forgot aboot the little people, I'll try to remember next time.

I know of 3 ice cream joints...Pete's Scoop and Moo's place right here in Derry, and the Puritan Backroom in Manchvegas... I am sure there are more but those are the 3 that I know.

Maybe even a dual meet with the MA chapter @ Harrisons in North Andover at a later date...

Old 04-16-2009, 07:09 AM
7283-F250
Cargo Master
I never said I knew how to spell.

Pat you know I wouldn't get you in trouble. I have thought of droping in a few times. sometimes I pass your work up to 10 times a week. Might be going by today as well.

Don, The '72 is at the tranny shop right now. Hopefully today or tomorow I will know whats up and also know if my vacation will be at my house or if I will be able to go semewhere. Vacation money being used for the '72. That leaves May 9,23,24,30,31 to get it back into 1 piece. It still looks the same as when you last saw it.

Old 04-16-2009, 09:59 AM
donjamer
I never said I knew how to spell.

Pat you know I wouldn't get you in trouble. I have thought of droping in a few times. sometimes I pass your work up to 10 times a week. Might be going by today as well.

Don, The '72 is at the tranny shop right now. Hopefully today or tomorow I will know whats up and also know if my vacation will be at my house or if I will be able to go semewhere. Vacation money being used for the '72. That leaves May 9,23,24,30,31 to get it back into 1 piece. It still looks the same as when you last saw it.

Dan that's good to hear that the tranny may me fixed soon.. Then at least you can move it around..

If you don't have anything for us to work on you can always buy Bobby's 77 F250 and start working on that..

Old 04-16-2009, 03:59 PM
7283-F250
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by donjamer
If you don't have anything for us to work on you can always buy Bobby's 77 F250 and start working on that..
Naa...
It's to "dented"

Now if it was a '76 4x4 Hi-Boy that might be a differant story.

Old 04-16-2009, 07:25 PM
donjamer
Naa...
It's to "dented"

Now if it was a '76 4x4 Hi-Boy that might be a differant story.
Not much difference between the 76 and 77's Dan..

And with a 9" lift it is a real highboy...

Old 04-17-2009, 12:23 AM
downhillpat
Elder User
well if you take oak st. around 12:30 ish I'm usually chillin @ the car wash or sittin in the mounty...or @ Lunch...

Any weekend you need help on that beast let me know...matter of fact we should bring the cavalry (ie: the large men who eat nothing but baconators...)

Old 04-20-2009, 06:19 PM
BIGKEN
Received 7,085 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Sounds like we have the makings of a GTG here...who's going to take the bull by the ba**s and start the planning???

Old 04-20-2009, 06:25 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Okay Gang,,

I am glad to see that people in this great State of ours want to get things moving.

I am sorry that I had been slacking but I had bad health issues over the Winter and I am getting better slowly..

I would like to see things get going again and also go to other chapters for there meets and have them come up and see us..After all we're FTE family..

I like Pats idea and I think we should run with it..

Feel freee to PM me and lets get this Chapter Rocken -N-Rolling...

Old 05-02-2009, 03:38 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
We need to find a famer that would be willing to lend us some land for a meet like this.

I am looking and others please check around your neck of the woods

Quick Reply: Mud season/ 60 degree temp celebration meet???