Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > Pennsylvania Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Pennsylvania Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Oldtrucknut7077

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-14-2009, 08:44 AM
Senior User

oldfart is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Another amazing use for WD-40!!! Oldfart reporting..

Well now fellers I know I haven't been posting of late and I do apoligize. I stop in to read as often as I can but time is always short. Anyways...right to the topic. I don't know how many uses there are for WD-40 other than the ones mentioned by the manufacturer but folks always seem to come up with more every day. Today...I found one I've never heard of! Lets say for example one had a very chaffed...thumb..or some other digit...and they decided to put a Band-aid on it. Don't ask the whys or hows of how it got chaffed.....mebbe I shelled too much corn for example...and I don't shell enough corn to develope a callus. Tugging on a Band-aid isn't an option! Especially if the...digit..is really tender! Soaking the Band-aid will not release the glue...these new Band-aids REALLY REALLY stick! And rippin' it off real fast won't make it hurt less. As a matter of fact it may actually cause more damage! Sooooo..what does a feller do? WD-40 to the rescue once more. Yes..that old mechanics friend of 1000&1 uses. A few shots of WD and a moment to soak the glue soft and WHALLAH! Problem solved! Well, gotta run fellers and tell WD about this new use for their wonderful product! YMHS....Audie..the Oldfart!
Old 04-15-2009, 02:13 PM
Postmaster

soondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud of
Excellent research Audie. I have another non conventional usage of a product for you.

While putting a window in my sons Tempo some one pushed a little to hard and the regulator slammed down on my finger and left a really deep gash. I quickly wrapped in with a few bandaids and continued various projects on the vehicle. We happened to be using 2+2 on some some parts to remove the primer and my finger got soaked in it. Now I should have went to the doctor and had some stitches but, I is a man and the job must get done. Consequently I found out just how bad 2+2 and an open wound burns, again, I chose to ignore it and continue on. Well at the end of the day the wound wasn't burning so I took the bandaids off. It was a miracle, the wound was completely healed and sealed shut. This was not a little cut or scratch, it was about an inch long and through to the bone. Today the scar is barely visible and I saved myself the trip to the doctors and a 25.00 deductible. One day I'll tell you about super glue and the damage from an exacto knife.

Pennsylvania Chapter, Home of the Mid Atlantic Meet JOIN US HERE!

Old 04-15-2009, 02:13 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > Pennsylvania Chapter

Tags
putting, truck, wd40