1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

cant remember assembly

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 10:50 PM
woodyf1
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cant remember assembly

well im finally starting the assembly of my 52 but i cant remember where it all goes any pics of your engine bays would be great maybe jules can pipe in thanx eh

Old 04-13-2009, 11:02 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,059 Likes on 804 Posts
Go to eBay and search for the year of your truck. eBay is one of the best on-line resources for images. People want to sell their trucks and they will usually post really nice, big pictures of every angle possible.

Old 04-14-2009, 01:13 AM
Julies Cool F1
Post Fiend
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by woodyf1
well im finally starting the assembly of my 52 but i cant remember where it all goes any pics of your engine bays would be great maybe jules can pipe in thanx eh
Tee hee - Just like EVERYTHING? Or are you looking for the places where the voltage regulators or horn relays, that stuff, goes.

I have tons of pictures but my engine bay is far from normal. I also did as Bob suggested and saved a lot of pictures from trucks up for sale that were supposedly the same as the day they rolled off the line.

If you can be just ever so slightly a little more specific, I'll be glad to jump in and post some pics!

PS: IL6 or V8?

Old 04-14-2009, 08:29 AM
woodyf1
Senior User
well to be specific its the way that the inner fender attaches to the outer fender i have mixed up the sides i think i have them figured but im not sure the weatherstripping is another question also does the curled lip on the inner fender sit above the outer fender thanx

Old 04-14-2009, 12:37 PM
Julies Cool F1
Post Fiend
Well that should be pretty simple. Quite a few of us here own the 1948-1952 Ford Chassis Parts Catalogue and it has detailed exploded drawings of just about every assembly in the trucks

Here is the drawing of the fenders and inner fenders:

If that doesn't help let me know and I'll try and find some pics. I have a full front tilt and have taken the inner fenders of of my clip so I don't have anything to take pictures of - but I can look.

And just a note - might be a little late for Woody now, but just a suggestion for the audience. One of the reasons I have so many pictures is because I can never remember how to put things back together either. So, before I take them apart, I take loads of pictures from different angles to remind me.

You can get a digital camera fairly inexpensively and it will really save you to take and store pictures for later. The beauty is you can always delete them later!

Old 04-14-2009, 11:58 PM
woodyf1
Senior User
thanx this is just what i needed

Old 04-15-2009, 12:50 AM
Julies Cool F1
Post Fiend
Then you might need this one too

Attached Images