Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-15-2009, 08:35 PM
Still learning every day!

F250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputation
That's where I got the $10 price from, Jim. For the length of these bolts, they won't fit even at an angle in the smaller $4.50 boxes, and the next size jumps to about $10 really quick.
Pete (F250_) -- PAA#19
'02 F250 PSD, CC, SB, XLT, 2WD: 252K miles
Basic, low cost, not really performance enhancing mods.
'03 Excursion (Eddie Bauer) PSD, 2WD, 176K miles - Stock.
http://guzzle.rbmicro.com/7pt3/Mods.html
Old 04-16-2009, 06:29 AM

megawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputation
Ok I was just throwing it out there.
01 F350 DRW, Autometer Gauges, Custom CAI with Petes Cover, 6" Miter Stacks, 38R Turbo, Casserly SS Injectors, Live tuned by DP-Tuner (F6) , and a bunch of other stuff some show, and some go. PAA #14
www.roadsidehelpnetwork.org
RIP Robin Gone but not forgotten....RIP Mark.. I'll never forget you!!
Old 04-16-2009, 09:58 PM

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Eegads! I didn't realize those bolts were that freaking long.

Stewart
2000 PSD Excursion 4x4: 38R, JW trans, F5, MBRP, AFE, OBA and Pre-Pump, V & B codes
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
Old 05-02-2011, 06:37 AM
Freshman User

arusty1 is starting off with a positive reputation.

Old thread, I know, but this is the info I came up with on this topic;

I installed 2" aluminum spacers only to to find out that it can't be aligned without grinding the upper part ot the spindle,

and..

if that's done it still puts the upper ball-joint to the outside of it's range of motion.

Not to mention that the loss of castor is unrecoverable.

The correct way would be to use 2" drop brackets which nobody seems to make.

'03 250 2wd sc/sb

Any help would be appriciated.

...Rusty

Old 08-30-2011, 01:39 PM
Freshman User

StealthAssassin is starting off with a positive reputation.
The leveling kit for the 2wd does not work...
Old 08-30-2011, 01:41 PM
Freshman User

Ditto about the drop brackets! Wth does daystar sell this kit when it does not include drop brackets???
Old 08-30-2011, 03:09 PM
Rather Be Floatin

RedBoat is a splendid one to beholdRedBoat is a splendid one to beholdRedBoat is a splendid one to beholdRedBoat is a splendid one to beholdRedBoat is a splendid one to beholdRedBoat is a splendid one to beholdRedBoat is a splendid one to behold
Costa Kaldanis
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthAssassin View Post
I hate to disagree but the leveling kits do work, Many of us here (myself, grady, Frank, Joe) have them installed and aligned without any problems. On some trucks the spindle does have to have a little material ground off. If you feel "lucky" try the install without removing any material, the downside if you do have alignment issues you need to remove the spindle and do a little grinding. I had to remove about 1/16" inch off of mine (really quick job with a grinder).
Rusty, if your alignment guy cant get it aligned find another front end guy because it can be done.

Check out this thread:
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/10...kit-is-on.html
2" Leveling Kit, Hutch/Harpoon, Foil Delete Mod, Upgraded boots, Undone CCV Mod, A/C Improvement Mod, GPR LED, Michelin LT285/75R/16 LTX AT2's, TRU-COOL cooler, Train Horns
Old 08-30-2011, 03:36 PM

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthAssassin View Post
What do you mean it doesn't work? Are you saying it doesn't lift the front-end at all, or are you saying the truck isn't perfectly level after installation?

If you're saying it isn't perfectly level, then yea, you're right. There is still a slight front-to-back rake. But I like that.

Stewart
2000 PSD Excursion 4x4: 38R, JW trans, F5, MBRP, AFE, OBA and Pre-Pump, V & B codes
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
Old 08-30-2011, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBoat View Post
I hate to disagree but the leveling kits do work, Many of us here (myself, grady, Frank, Joe, Stewart)
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/92...ml#post8492932

Added a little to your quote.

Stewart
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
Old 08-30-2011, 05:49 PM
Rather Be Floatin

RedBoat is a splendid one to beholdRedBoat is a splendid one to beholdRedBoat is a splendid one to beholdRedBoat is a splendid one to beholdRedBoat is a splendid one to beholdRedBoat is a splendid one to beholdRedBoat is a splendid one to behold
Costa Kaldanis
Sorry I missed ya Bro!
I probably missed quite a few others: Parts Guy Ed, Big Joe, JoRge, Chris..........
2" Leveling Kit, Hutch/Harpoon, Foil Delete Mod, Upgraded boots, Undone CCV Mod, A/C Improvement Mod, GPR LED, Michelin LT285/75R/16 LTX AT2's, TRU-COOL cooler, Train Horns
Old 08-30-2011, 06:44 PM
Senior User

gtnwood is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have the aluminum kit installed as well, no grinding required but did need to get a cam kit since the alignment was out of tolerance adjustability but it rides smooth as a you know what now and looks better to. Franko helped me immensely during my install cuz it was about to be yanked off till gettin with him.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:26 PM
Freshman User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBoat View Post
I hate to disagree but the leveling kits do work, Many of us here (myself, grady, Frank, Joe) have them installed and aligned without any problems. On some trucks the spindle does have to have a little material ground off. If you feel "lucky" try the install without removing any material, the downside if you do have alignment issues you need to remove the spindle and do a little grinding. I had to remove about 1/16" inch off of mine (really quick job with a grinder).
Rusty, if your alignment guy cant get it aligned find another front end guy because it can be done.

Check out this thread:
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/10...kit-is-on.html
Ok, how did you get the camber adjustment right? The steering knuckle hits/bottoms out the I beam before the wheel even gets plum by eye...
Old 08-30-2011, 07:28 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.
Mine installed without any grinding, although it was pretty close..I had to get the adjustable cams to get it to align,

I'm still running the older hard plastic type, one of these days I'm gonna switch them out for the Aluminum ones.

- My Garage -

Arkansas Chapter Leader - Join Here
Old 08-30-2011, 07:28 PM
Freshman User

I'm not real crazy about grinding the knuckle.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:43 PM
Freshman User

I meant the I beam
Old 08-30-2011, 07:43 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
2000, 2wd, billet, bolt, dually, exstenders, f150, f250, f350, ford, installation, kit, kits, leveling, spacer