Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my SAS

Old 04-10-2009, 06:50 PM
9.ford.5
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my SAS

hey guys i started my SAS on my 95 f150 today using a 75 D44 so i figured id post it up here...i started at 10:30 this mornin and had the TTB out and lunch by 2:30 so it wasnt to bad

truck at 11:00

truck at 2:00

THE SALUTE!

thanks for looking i will keep you all updated and im trying something that ive never seen before...im gonna try the ole TTB knuckles on the 75 not sure if it will work but a quick measure says it might

Old 04-11-2009, 02:42 PM
Prozon
Postmaster
Good luck. Just remember to ask around if you have any questions. I know alot of people around here have done that swap.

Old 04-11-2009, 10:20 PM
9.ford.5
Postmaster
yeah apparently those knuckles dont fit but i couldnt get em off the TTB anywho and silver auto screwed up and told me they had the C bushings and they really dont so now i cant get any till at least monday the truck had to be on the ground by sunday nite...so much for that

anyone have problems lining up lift springs in the buckets? to fit the top of the spring right id have to rotate the lower seat and the bottom of the spring is too big for bucket and it wont fit

Old 04-13-2009, 09:49 PM
9.ford.5
Postmaster
well i got a lead on a guy who has a private junkyard full of old wrecked fords and im told he will most likely have the spindles and caliper brackets i need so im gonna try and get ahold of him tomorrow the boss says no worries on the frame stands so its all good there now i just gotta figure out why my coils dont fit my brackets i tried to get ahold of some c bushings at it will be either tomorrow or Wednesday then ill have the axle hung under there

ill be sure to take more pics

cheers! 9.ford.5

Old 04-14-2009, 02:19 AM
75F350
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
There is a "sticky" that addresses the coil spring issue that you are plagued with.

You did not purchase ALL of the items that you thought that you might need for the swap? I would think that you would have at least purchased hardware and bushings before you pulled anything apart.

As long as you have time on your hands, maybe you could run a broom under the truck. Seems like having a nice floor to work on has few advantages when the nice floor is not any cleaner than the outside of the shop.

Let me guess,,,,,,,,all of that dirt fell from under the truck when you started wrenching?
Perhaps its not housekeeping I should be scolding you about, it is the fact that you did not clean your truck before you started working on it?

Which one??????

Old 04-14-2009, 08:39 AM
hav24wheel
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 96 Likes on 78 Posts
so the axle you have to put under your rig is missing parts? its hard to get things done without all the parts. lol. i've done this swap before, so it you have any ?s i might be able to help. to let ya know, i used the TTB radius arms brakets for the new axle, just moved them back on the frame... you bo have to use the radius arm bushings off your truck in order to use the TTB brackets though.

Old 04-15-2009, 11:13 AM
9.ford.5
Postmaster
well i got everything i need to get the axle hanging in there till i came across that coil problem...thanks 75 ill check that out....i washed the truck twice before i parked it in there but when you start removing brackets you find alot of hidden dirt...and i was told there were bushings in, i didnt have time to buy them till the next day then all of a sudden they didnt have them and the other company that did wasnt open monday? yeah oh well i got em im using the rear rad arm bushings from the ttb cause they are almost brand new i might actually use the TTB brackets too they are almost new and they look like they drop a bit more then the 75s i got which woudnt be a bad thing but did you have to do something about your tranny x-member with them

thanks guys im back to work in a bit but i need food first...

Old 04-15-2009, 03:47 PM
hav24wheel
FTE Chapter Leader

using the TTB radius arm brackets require no mods to the trans x member.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:03 PM
1966Tbird
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
if you don't mind me asking what's up with the acordian look to your frame horns? is that the crimple zone?

Old 04-15-2009, 10:20 PM
9.ford.5
Postmaster
Originally Posted by 1966Tbird
if you don't mind me asking what's up with the acordian look to your frame horns? is that the crimple zone?
yeah

i did a mach up today and theres no way ill be able to use my TTB brackets where did yours end up i was hoping mine would sit nice between the tranny x-member and the body mount bracket but theres not way it would need to go back another 2 inches to clear the body mount bracket...i slapped the 75 rad arm brackets and they sit nice right against the tranny x-member and comparing them with the TTB ones there are 10x beefier only thing im concerned with is the angle but then again its about the same as the angle that it was at with the TTB so i might luck out, my drill is on its way here tonight so tomorrow i should have those mounted

right now the truck sits on the frame stands but i have the axle jacked up and on axle stands as well but i didnt completely trust that but with how it sits now the coils are stright up and down from the side but from the front the bow outborad a bit?

im gonna go take some pics for ya in a minate

Old 04-15-2009, 11:05 PM
9.ford.5
Postmaster
well heres the pics guys

this is the outborad bow on the passenger side is that too much or ok?

heres the outboard bow on the driver side

this axle looks so much better under there than the TTB did

Old 04-16-2009, 04:43 PM
hav24wheel
FTE Chapter Leader

i think i had to put a little notch in the TTB bracket to clear the body mount, i cant remember now, and i can't go look cuz its all under a ranger now... but as for the coil bow its just fine..
here is a pic of the TTB bracket, it on the ranger frame in this pic but you can see the notch i cut in it, so you can compair to yours..

Old 04-16-2009, 11:44 PM
9.ford.5
Postmaster
ok cool i see what you did for some reason mine is further foreward and would require too much cutting so im using the 75 brackets and they make those TTB ones look like theyre wearing tootoos im gonna notch my tranny x-member just a tid bit where it doesnt even contact the frame think thats ok? i got a drill so tomorrow after work its back to work

Old 04-17-2009, 12:04 AM
9.ford.5
Postmaster
see heres some pics of mine for comparison my TTB brackets are nearly 2" over the body bracket not only that but to use them for some reason i would have to angle the red arms themselves outward i tried by hand and theres no way since the TTB brackets are set outside of the frame and the rad arms are directly under the frame

heres the 75s mached up notice where i might have to notch the tranny x-member out a bit

heres the two diferent brackets side by side them 75 GOT BEEF! the TTB brackets are what 1/4" all the way around the thinnest those 75s get is 3/8"

Old 04-17-2009, 08:08 AM
hav24wheel
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by 9.ford.5
im gonna notch my tranny x-member just a tid bit where it doesnt even contact the frame think thats ok?
should be ok

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: my SAS