Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Big boost

Old 04-10-2009, 02:06 AM
homesteader
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Big boost

HEY guys does anyone know what is big boost? What does it do? I have a stock F450 and want to start up grading. Right now I am thinking of going with DP tuner,gauges boost ,pyro and trans,6637 mod,straight pipe, only MKO had pipe for cab chasis. If any know of someone that has pipes for cab chasis please relpy. Is there any other mods for starters? How about trans mods?

Old 04-10-2009, 02:35 AM
Riffraff Diesel
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by homesteader
HEY guys does anyone know what is big boost? What does it do? I have a stock F450 and want to start up grading. Right now I am thinking of going with DP tuner,gauges boost ,pyro and trans,6637 mod,straight pipe, only MKO had pipe for cab chasis. If any know of someone that has pipes for cab chasis please relpy. Is there any other mods for starters? How about trans mods?

Hi, I would be happy to help you out. If you are asking about the AFE Big Boost filter it is a higher CFM flowing filter then the 6637 and is washable. I can get you pricing on everything you have listed and talk about ways to best tailor the package to your needs. Feel your to drop me a call, e-mail or PM. Thanks

Old 04-10-2009, 05:32 AM
Ziggy.
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey homesteader, if you are referring to "big boost" as mentioned on powerstrokehelp.com, the mod he is talking about is called an "Over Boost Anhilator" or OBA for short. This keeps the programming from Detuning once you get above 24psi, therefore reaching a higher boost level.

Clay will definitaly hook you up, he's got the best customer service of anyone I know, he's got some dang good prices on stuff too, another thing that would be a good base mod would be the in-tank mod if you have not already done that.

Be careful with the modding, it will get you addicted, I started with a wicked wheel and intank mods, then a few weeks after spent almost 7k on stuff, I couldnt help it, its got me hooked.

Old 04-10-2009, 08:25 AM
milleroutdoors
Posting Guru
Sounds like you have some good ideas. Definitely talk to Clay he will save you some money and has the best service I have experienced.

Old 04-10-2009, 02:12 PM
jdecker88
Post Fiend

I am with Cory and Clay and I will say this STAY AWAY from the powerstrokehelp.com guy he is just plain wrong for the most part.

Old 04-11-2009, 02:45 AM
homesteader
Elder User
Originally Posted by jdecker88
I am with Cory and Clay and I will say this STAY AWAY from the powerstrokehelp.com guy he is just plain wrong for the most part.
Justin what do mean he just plain wrong. Are you talking about the big boost that he talks about in his video? I know he metion with big boost , you can have higher boost numbers.

Old 04-11-2009, 07:35 AM
jdecker88
Post Fiend

Yes he is right on that but you can make your own for 20 bucks I am just saying 90% of what comes out of that man is just plain wrong and is actually giving you bad advice that could hurt your truck.

Old 04-11-2009, 07:45 AM
schlepprock250
Cargo Master

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
I personally dont like the guys attitude,on one of his rant videos he's talking about people listening to mp3 players with illegally downloaded music,im sure theres a lot of people that does,but he dont need to stereo type people like that.I have about a 12,000 song play list and not one of the songs is pirated,sorry...just my .02 worth on that idiot!

Old 04-11-2009, 10:06 AM
parkland
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I would never pirate mp3's.

I'd also never download a program called "utorrent" , then go to "mininova.com" , search for sweet movies, download them in utorrent, and watch them on my living room media PC, or download a program called "convertx2dvd" and burn them into DVD for dvd players, these are things I just dont do.

However if I did, i bet I would have a good couple hundred movies by now, and lots of games and other software too considering those are also downloadable.

Geez, if only I had enough girth to do those things darnit anyways.

Old 04-28-2011, 03:45 PM
Studawg
Thread Ender

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Yes he is right on that but you can make your own for 20 bucks I am just saying 90% of what comes out of that man is just plain wrong and is actually giving you bad advice that could hurt your truck.
What is so wrong about what this guy says? He put 798k miles on a 7.3 before it finally broke. He must be doing something right. Examples?

Old 04-28-2011, 07:02 PM
jdecker88
Post Fiend

He makes false horse power claims, swears by Pensacola injectors which have been proven to fail numerous failures due to poor build quality. Way to bring up an old thread.

Old 04-28-2011, 07:12 PM
Studawg
Thread Ender

He makes false horse power claims, swears by Pensacola injectors which have been proven to fail numerous failures due to poor build quality. Way to bring up an old thread.
Is there something wrong with bringing up an old thread?

Old 04-29-2011, 08:21 AM
Ziggy.
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Studawg
Is there something wrong with bringing up an old thread?
No, but everyone gets tired of hearing about the guy, let it go. We've all heard enough about it over the years. The guy has no idea how to make an engine or truck make power, have durability or "longevity" as he refers to it.

BTW he, nor his shop was the one that put 798k on the motor from the start, and the reasons for the motor going out, was because he doesn't have much of a clue how to make "good" power, and do it right, much less address issues of the entire truck, not just the motor.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:36 AM
Studawg
Thread Ender

First of all, I just happened to come across the guy on youtube. I had never heard anyone say anything about him around here, not until I did a search for "big boost". So, I am not tired of hearing about the guy, I want to hear more, I am just starting the vetting process. If you are tired of it, dont open the thread. As far as making "good" power, is "lots of nitrous" as it says in your sig line your idea of making good power? Yeah, thats genius.

To the other guy who says to make their own "big boost" for $20, maybe you should start doing that and sell them for $50 a piece because the guy on eBay has been selling the s#!t out of them for $75 for a while it looks like.

Old 04-30-2011, 06:56 AM
Ziggy.
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Studawg
First of all, I just happened to come across the guy on youtube. I had never heard anyone say anything about him around here, not until I did a search for "big boost". So, I am not tired of hearing about the guy, I want to hear more, I am just starting the vetting process. If you are tired of it, dont open the thread. As far as making "good" power, is "lots of nitrous" as it says in your sig line your idea of making good power? Yeah, thats genius.

To the other guy who says to make their own "big boost" for $20, maybe you should start doing that and sell them for $50 a piece because the guy on eBay has been selling the s#!t out of them for $75 for a while it looks like.
Alright "genius", if you wanted to hear more about big boost, then read my post above that explains what his version of "big boost" is.

Apparently you don't have much of a clue on "good" efficient power either, nor how to build a motor as a system, hence the reason you only picked nitrous out of my sig to take a poke at.
You speak of nitrous like it is a bad thing, and yes it can be if there is too much at the wrong time when some fool gets ahold of it not knowing what they are doing or why. Nitrous is a heck of alot safer and easier on the engine than running propane like the tard from powerstrokehelp has. Nitrous can also be safer than some water meth inj systems if it is not setup properly.
So the answer to your question is nitrous my idea to making good power? Yes and no. Yes to get better numbers on the dyno and squeeze every last bit of hp out of the fuel you can for dyno, drag or pulling purposes. Is it my idea of having "good" power all the time? No, my motor does that just fine, nitrous is just a way of getting a little more out of it.

If that doesn't explain enough for your vetting process, then just let me know and i'll gladly explain to you the reasons why I stated the above.

The guy from powerstrokehelp is not much more than an internet mechanic, I have seen ever single piece of every bit of these motors several times over, and even the ones on here that haven't, know that this guy doesn't really "know" these engines the best. there are several things that he talks about that he has no idea about like JD said he is just plain wrong. There are some things that he fails to address as far as making the motor run better. In fact some of the things, like the pensacola inj that he swears by are nothing but crap.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Big boost