Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Escape & Escape Hybrid
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Escape & Escape Hybrid Ford Escape, Ford Escape Hybrid, Mercury Mariner, Mazda Tribute

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-09-2009, 08:59 PM
Freshman User

giles45shop is starting off with a positive reputation.
Do Escapes Have Keyless Entry?

I'm thinking about getting a used Escape as a commuter vehicle and for transporting all my dive gear on trips to the N FL caves. On handy feature I've found for divers is the keyless entry on my '07 F250 and '03 Expy.

Does the Escape have this option? I'm probably looking at an '05-'07 w/ 2.3 4 cyl/automatic.

Thanks,

John
Old 04-09-2009, 09:43 PM
Postmaster

YoGeorge is a splendid one to beholdYoGeorge is a splendid one to beholdYoGeorge is a splendid one to beholdYoGeorge is a splendid one to beholdYoGeorge is a splendid one to beholdYoGeorge is a splendid one to beholdYoGeorge is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by giles45shop View Post
I'm thinking about getting a used Escape as a commuter vehicle and for transporting all my dive gear on trips to the N FL caves. On handy feature I've found for divers is the keyless entry on my '07 F250 and '03 Expy.

Does the Escape have this option? I'm probably looking at an '05-'07 w/ 2.3 4 cyl/automatic.

Thanks,

John
Yes, it was standard on all trim levels from the Escape XLS on up. Keyless entry may have been standard on all Ford vehicles.

'05 and up is a great choice for a 4 cylinder model...the 2.3 is significantly better than the old 2.0 and all models have ABS as well.

Good luck,
George
Old 04-10-2009, 06:29 AM
Post Fiend

wendell borror has a great reputation on FTE.wendell borror has a great reputation on FTE.wendell borror has a great reputation on FTE.wendell borror has a great reputation on FTE.
Our 08 mariner has keyless entry, I'm just not use to having it and never use it, but it's there. The 09's have a 2.5 duratec with a 170 hp and 170 foot lb's, a long with a 6-speed automatic. They just keep getting better and better. "O", and the V-6 now has 240 hp and a 6-speed auto. Thats more ponies than the stock 5.0 mustang GT's had.

2008 mercury mariner 4x4 V-6, automatic.

1987 jeep wrangler, 258, 5-speed
Old 04-10-2009, 09:58 AM
Senior User

JFUSION is starting off with a positive reputation.
are you looking for the fob activated version or the one that is mounted on the exterior of the driver's door ?. The door mounted version was not standard on past models but it was an option. The fob activated version was standard on past models. If you find a model that doesn't have either system, they are both available as an accessory from your Ford dealer.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:22 AM
Postmaster

YoGeorge is a splendid one to beholdYoGeorge is a splendid one to beholdYoGeorge is a splendid one to beholdYoGeorge is a splendid one to beholdYoGeorge is a splendid one to beholdYoGeorge is a splendid one to beholdYoGeorge is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFUSION View Post
are you looking for the fob activated version or the one that is mounted on the exterior of the driver's door ?. The door mounted version was not standard on past models but it was an option. The fob activated version was standard on past models. If you find a model that doesn't have either system, they are both available as an accessory from your Ford dealer.
Good point. When I said that all Escapes had keyless, I meant via key fobs. If you want the combination pad on the driver's door, I believe that this was an option on the XLT models, probably not available on the XLS, and probably standard on the Limited.

The keypad is really cool if you want to leave your keys under the mat while swimming or mountain biking or something.

George
Old 04-10-2009, 11:29 AM
Moderatee...

NewEnglandHerdsman has a spectacular reputation.NewEnglandHerdsman has a spectacular reputation.NewEnglandHerdsman has a spectacular reputation.NewEnglandHerdsman has a spectacular reputation.NewEnglandHerdsman has a spectacular reputation.NewEnglandHerdsman has a spectacular reputation.NewEnglandHerdsman has a spectacular reputation.NewEnglandHerdsman has a spectacular reputation.NewEnglandHerdsman has a spectacular reputation.NewEnglandHerdsman has a spectacular reputation.NewEnglandHerdsman has a spectacular reputation.
FWIW, our 2003 Limited has no keypad....
"90% of the game is half mental.” Yogi Berra
Old 04-10-2009, 11:46 AM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewEnglandHerdsman View Post
FWIW, our 2003 Limited has no keypad....
Interesting....I just checked my 2007 Escape brochure (oldest one I have) and the XLT Sport and the Limited both have the external keypad standard. No idea when they made this standard, though.

But actually, if the OP is looking for a 4 cyl Escape, the Limiteds were all V6's anyway until 2009 (or was it 2008?) And the XLT Sport was probably V6 only as well.

George
Old 04-10-2009, 03:31 PM
Freshman User

Thanks for all the inputs! I was asking about the door keypad version, so I don't have to carry a key when diving. I suspected it wasn't standard, since I've been casually looking at Escapes in the parking lots, and hadn't seen one.

At least I know there may be some out there. It's not a deal breaker as I can use a hide-a-key or similar, just a nice feature.

Thanks,
John
Old 04-10-2009, 05:35 PM
Postmaster

Looks like about $75 gets ya one...

Looks like you can get an OEM accessory one, probably uses a little flat battery like the key fob remotes:

Ford Escape Keyless Entry Keypad at Dealerfit.com
Old 04-10-2009, 06:16 PM
Post Fiend

wendell borror has a great reputation on FTE.wendell borror has a great reputation on FTE.wendell borror has a great reputation on FTE.wendell borror has a great reputation on FTE.
Yeah, our merc has the key pad thingy on the door.

2008 mercury mariner 4x4 V-6, automatic.

1987 jeep wrangler, 258, 5-speed
Old 04-10-2009, 06:21 PM
Senior User

JFUSION is starting off with a positive reputation.
they are an easy accessory to add, they are held on with adhesive, no drilling, and the same as the factory version.

I know they are standard on the 09 Escape xlt, not sure when they started that. I wouldn't let it break your deal , as you can just add it as an accessory without much fuss.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:26 PM
Postmaster

ncranchero has a good reputation on FTE.ncranchero has a good reputation on FTE.
steve.mckellop
Good thing about the accessory adhesive mount pads is that you can mount them anywhere on the vehicle that you wish. If your Escape is an equipment hauler you could mount it on the hatch, like beside the license plate.
'02 Escape XLT 3.0/auto 165K miles
'14 TRANSIT Connect
Old 04-10-2009, 07:00 PM
"Mifflin Clay"

alchymist is a splendid one to beholdalchymist is a splendid one to beholdalchymist is a splendid one to beholdalchymist is a splendid one to beholdalchymist is a splendid one to beholdalchymist is a splendid one to beholdalchymist is a splendid one to behold
Good thing they have keyless entry - our '05 doesn't have a keyhole on the passenger or hatch door. Only way in with a key is the driver's door. Dumb.....

Thomas Paine: “...arms...discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. ...Horrid mischief would ensue were (the law-abiding) deprived the use of them.”
'08 F350 Scab SRW V10 w/ 4:10
07 Gulfstream Prarie Schooner
'05 Escape
' Passed the exam today! I am now a licensed instigator!
Old 04-10-2009, 09:27 PM
Freshman User

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoGeorge View Post
Looks like you can get an OEM accessory one, probably uses a little flat battery like the key fob remotes:

Ford Escape Keyless Entry Keypad at Dealerfit.com
Thanks! What a neat add-on, and cheap to!
Old 04-10-2009, 09:27 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Escape & Escape Hybrid

Tags
2003, 2007, battery, door, drivers, entry, escape, external, find, ford, keyless, keypad, pads, standard, vehicles