Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Time to Vent

What was good or bad this week?

Old 03-15-2009, 11:52 PM
lostmybeer
Have a nice Beer!!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bad, very bad.

Drove to Portland and back yesterday towing a dump trailer. Had the trailer loaded coming home. Had a birthday party to attend starting about 9:00. Blew the trailer tire somewhere between Centralia and Tumwater. Someone was flagging me down and pointing back. Well, I blew the tire. Rim is pretty much gone. Didn't know anything happened. Got all that taken care of and made it home.

This is when it all gets better. I left my about 11:00 to finally show up at the party. Had two more turns to make. I was driving a friends 89 Camero for the party. 80's birthday party. The was driven from Port Orchard to Auburn. I drove from Auburn to Bonney Lake. This is the very first time I have driven this car. Mr. Policeman came out of no where and pulled me over. The Speed Limit was 35, I was doing about 30--Raining and window partially fogged up+first time driving the car. Couldn't find the current registration or insurance card. Essentially, I was pulled over for expired tabs. Received a ticket for expired tabs and no proof of insurance. $766 ticket. Showed up to the party at 11:45. Yippie. Well, made the call to the owner about the ticket. Talk about one upset owner, especially when you tell him he's gonna pay. He came over and picked up the car. Not more 20 min. I received a phone call saying he had just been pulled over and received a ticket. This time he had the insurance card with which came in the mail that day. So, I actually got a good laugh that he got a ticket for expired tabs too. Now its a $982 ticket. Now I have to take time off of work to fight this ticket.

Old 05-17-2009, 12:05 AM
Lvcrprts
Tuned
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Holy Chit!! Sounds like my kind of luck. Hope things get better for ya, never a good time to get a ticket but the cop should have cut ya a little bit of slack.

Old 05-17-2009, 02:42 AM
lostmybeer
Have a nice Beer!!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No slack. Went to court, judge dropped ins. ticket. Reduced fee for no tabs.

Old 05-17-2009, 04:01 AM
Lvcrprts
Tuned
Guess its better than paying full price. A friend of mine let me in on a little secret... if you get a fix-it ticket from a cop and he thinks your not being nice he will ask you for a litter bag in your car. So if you get a ticket for whatever and a litter bag ticket, it is a special code to the judge to throw the book at you. Learned this from a friend who has a friend that is a cop. Still think some of them can be real ****** though. That's why i don't smile on my drivers license... think your gonna be smiling when a cop pulls you over??? It's a game for them to see who can write the most tickets in one day. Must be a football pool or something i don't know but a warning would suit me just fine.

Old 05-17-2009, 10:19 AM
caseys
Posting Guru
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Lvcrprts
Guess its better than paying full price. A friend of mine let me in on a little secret... if you get a fix-it ticket from a cop and he thinks your not being nice he will ask you for a litter bag in your car. So if you get a ticket for whatever and a litter bag ticket, it is a special code to the judge to throw the book at you. Learned this from a friend who has a friend that is a cop. Still think some of them can be real ****** though. That's why i don't smile on my drivers license... think your gonna be smiling when a cop pulls you over??? It's a game for them to see who can write the most tickets in one day. Must be a football pool or something i don't know but a warning would suit me just fine.
This must be some stupid red-neck small town cop game...

Old 05-17-2009, 04:17 PM
Lvcrprts
Tuned
Yeah the ones were i am at are ruthless. Don't stand a chance when you have State Patrol and City cops running around. Can't even get away with a donut in the parking lot in the winter time like you used to. Understand safety of it but a big parking lot with no cars?? how is guy gonna resist a little playin every now and then?

Remember a time when my dad got drunk and outran the cops they were pissed!! They clocked him doing 142 on a long patch of road. What was he driving? A 71' Ford Thunderbird with a 429 with only 32,000 original miles on it. Believe it had 2.75 gears in the rear end. Got caught with a road block and ended up doing 30 days. After that they pulled him over every chance they got. But he was the talk of the town for quite a while. Funny a brand new tax payer cop car can't outrun a Stock Ford!!!!

Old 05-17-2009, 07:12 PM
caseys
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Lvcrprts
Remember a time when my dad got drunk and outran the cops they were pissed!! They clocked him doing 142 on a long patch of road. What was he driving? A 71' Ford Thunderbird with a 429 with only 32,000 original miles on it. Believe it had 2.75 gears in the rear end. Got caught with a road block and ended up doing 30 days. After that they pulled him over every chance they got. But he was the talk of the town for quite a while. Funny a brand new tax payer cop car can't outrun a Stock Ford!!!!
Wow! ...reminded me of Commander Cody and the Lost Planet Airmen playing Hot Rod Lincoln in 1971: (how appropriate)

My pappy said, "Son, you're gonna' drive me to drinkin'
If you don't stop drivin' that Hot Rod Lincoln"

Old 05-17-2009, 09:22 PM
Lvcrprts
Tuned
We dump all this money into a ride but for me i wanna see how fast i can make it go. I have a 76 dodge monaco that handles like a cop car and has 2.71 gears. Makes me want to take out the 360 and drop my 69' 440 into it. 4.32 bore with 3.75 stroke with the high nickel content in it just can't find those anymore. Just wish there was a place to open her up without going to jail. Driving to the Salt Flats seems like a long way to drive only 1 mile. Like Ford's and Dodge's because of my dad but him like me have a hatred for bowtie's, there just too common. Not gonna spend $30 to get into a car show that only has 350's in everything, too boring for me.

Old 05-17-2009, 10:07 PM
forddude05
More Turbo
Vent? Like Coors Light? I could handle that...

Old 05-18-2009, 07:39 AM
caseys
Posting Guru
Coors light... and a bolo tie.

Old 05-20-2009, 12:37 AM
billy12360
Elder User
Originally Posted by caseys
Wow! ...reminded me of Commander Cody and the Lost Planet Airmen playing Hot Rod Lincoln in 1971: (how appropriate)

My pappy said, "Son, you're gonna' drive me to drinkin'
If you don't stop drivin' that Hot Rod Lincoln"

great song... i always wonder if that was wrote about my grandpa... i remember years ago... we where driving threw the town of concrete washington on high way 20... theres a 35 mile per an hour zone threw there... the cops clocked us doing 80... we where in a lincoln town car...ohh how i love those things... i got all the way to 3rd base with my first girlfriend one time for the first time... haha

anyways... my week has started off pretty darn good... i met a new girl on friday... been spending lots of time with her... talking texting stuff like that... asked her out to dinner.. she said yes... got my guitar back from the pawn shop... i was freaking out thinking they where going to sell it(they where pulling it from the back room and just about ready to put it on the floor they seen me walking in and just handed me the guitar and i gave them the money (is it good or bad that the people that work in the pawn show know what youve put a loan against, and know you by your first and last and nick name???) planted some trees... got my buddys camaro running for him... now we are talking about duals and headers and a blower for it... (im just his mechanic... he tells me what he wants and i do it for him) been eating normal... sleeping normal...

ONLY CRAPPY THING IS... i didnt make any money off of fishing for the past 2 weeks... GOD DANG STUPID HIGH RIVER FLOWS!!!

Old 05-20-2009, 12:40 AM
forddude05
More Turbo
Originally Posted by caseys
Coors light... and a bolo tie.
Works for me.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:51 AM
Snowbunny
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
You don't even want to know,,,

Old 06-04-2009, 09:09 PM
caseys
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Snowbunny
You don't even want to know,,,
Know what? ...something about the bolo tie and Coors?