2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Listen to this stupid horse-crap...thanks GEICO

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 09:08 PM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Listen to this stupid horse-crap...thanks GEICO

I installed a Roush Supercharger back in Oct. I informed my insurance company, GEICO, in November. My policy has since renewed 1 time, and would have renewed this June.

Today, I got a letter in the mail from GEICO. It was a letter to thank me for my past business, but unfortunately I no longer qualify for insurance via GEICO.

The specific wording is:
Due to unacceptable customization (s) on the 2006 Ford, VIN XXX
The helpful girl at the local branch says that there is suspicion I am racing my truck. In addition, Supercharger/Turbo are not covered at all with GEICO.

So just a FYI for you guys. I asked what if I were to buy a Supercharged/Turbo vehicle off the lot (aka GT 500, Cobalt SS...etc.). At this time, they do not cover Forced Induction vehicles.
I then of course asked about the Diesel trucks...and got a whole story about it being different.

BTW, they also will only cover 4" of lift or less...or vehicles lowered using Hydraulics. :smoke:

Be careful. I got punished hardcore for doing the right thing. Went from $600 every 6 months for full coverage on 2 vehicles, to just over $900 every 6 months.
also found out that GEICO had lowered my coverages from the $50,000 I had been paying for previously, to a $25,000 coverage. Apparently this happened the last time my policy renewed.

make sure to check with your company very carefully what they will and will not support. Luckily USAA (new company) is pretty mod friendly. Just gonna cost me another $600 a yr.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:17 PM
jsoko
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
its that damn Gecko

thanks for the heads up

Old 04-08-2009, 09:23 PM
red403
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What happened, on their commercial for insurance it says "for anything that moves you"? I guess I can never go with geico either then. On the up side you can move to another insurance company and not give them another dime for anything.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:26 PM
Flying_Dutchman
Posting Guru
Wow, that sucks. As bad as our insurance is here in BC at least they dont care about mods.

Old 04-08-2009, 11:08 PM
bridge
Sick 'n Tired
Received 45 Likes on 23 Posts
Wow. I wish I could say that surprised me. I've got Geico as well, auto and home. A couple of months after Hurricane Ike I got a letter from them saying they would ot renew my policy because my house doesn't meet their "catastrophe mitigation plan". I didn't even file a claim because of the storm! I had no damage...well not enough to meet my deductible anyway. I guess they didn't realize the gulf coast gets HURRICANES!

Old 04-08-2009, 11:24 PM
jsoko
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
its a crying shame
marketing=$$$$$$$

Old 04-08-2009, 11:29 PM
mercman86
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I feel your pain for insurance BS. My story dosent have to do with adding mods, but not modding my truck! State farm insurance sent me a letter saying that they were cancelling my coverage on my 66 Ranchero because it hasn't been painted yet, and therefore is not considered an "antique/classic" vehicle under their antique vehicle policy. They suspected that I was using it as a daily driver and insured it as a "classic" just to get a lower rate. When i told them that in illinois (which they are based out of) that any car registered with antique vehicle plates can not be used daily. Nevertheless, they said that it could only be a collector show quality vehicle for them to consider it an "antique." My agent played stupid when i called him up to ask him why i wasn't informed of this. I have my boat, camper and truck insured with them, and his "mistake" might have caused me to seek out different antique car insurance. Boy that pissed me off as much as i can imagine you were!

Old 04-09-2009, 12:38 AM
fordtruckman
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Insurance companies will do anything to get out of paying. My sisters car was stolen a couple of years ago right out of our driveway and long story short State Farm didn't want to pay for the damage because they had red flagged us under suspicion that we had stolen the car ourselves. After about a month and a half of "investigation" they finally paid for it but just barely.

Old 04-09-2009, 02:11 AM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
I could understand if I owned a Mustang or some other HIGH PERFORMANCE vehicle...but c'mon. even heavily modified, my truck will still be slower than a stock Mustang GT (low 13's)

It's just weird, I have a perfect record, and so does my wife. I guess they just don't care about throwing about a guaranteed customer. Now I'm looking to transfer everything bank/insurance wise to USAA. They offer some good discounts if you combine up with them.

Still sucks about the $600/yr extra I have to pay...mother'f'ers.

Old 04-09-2009, 02:14 AM
Flying_Dutchman
Posting Guru
In the long run though, it worked out better for you. If something did happen it would be worse if you found out you weren't covered after the fact.

Old 04-09-2009, 06:20 AM
James_24_85
Senior User
I have had usaa for years, they are the sh##. The only problem I had with them was getting the ball rolling on my claim when my truck got broke in to. They eventually came around and paid for everything except my gear and clothes that were in the back seat. They did pay for my ipod, gps, and sirius which they didn't have to. They just asked if they were installed I said yes and got a direct deposit a couple days later. Military benefits kick a**

Old 04-09-2009, 06:44 AM
shorebird
Hotshot
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Tylus we work with insurance companies every day and USAA is considered to be a better company than your now Ex. company. I wish that I qualified for their company. But they only except people who were discharged since '96. So I missed their cutoff by a couple of decades.

Old 04-09-2009, 08:05 AM
lakerunner
Mountain Pass
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by shorebird
Tylus we work with insurance companies every day and USAA is considered to be a better company than your now Ex. company. I wish that I qualified for their company. But they only except people who were discharged since '96. So I missed their cutoff by a couple of decades.

Call them as they have changed qualifications. I am a Nam vet E-4 and I now qualify for USAA coverage. However I have been with Oklahoma Farm Bureau foe so long no one can beat my coverage cost.

Old 04-09-2009, 08:19 AM
carlos1212
Senior User
why not keep the mods to yourself and not say anything? but they also may not cover your truck in an accident.

Old 04-09-2009, 08:23 AM
rcaddell
Junior User
I was recently debating switching over my auto and bike policies to Geico as they came in a couple hundred lower than my current provider (Progressive). Called progressive and they matched Geicos auto rate with better insurance, bike they could not match. Maybe I will bypass Geico

Quick Reply: Listen to this stupid horse-crap...thanks GEICO